L-39ZA/C

shar321

Is it just me or is the L-39ZA/C very twitchy and tends to jump around a lot, even in small movements. All the other aircraft feel just fine but this one specifically just bounces a lot, anyone else have this issue or know why? thanks!

The L-39 does not have fly-by-wire system, it's a "manual" flying instead.

I don't know to which other aircraft are you comparing but if it's a modern jet it for sure will be so different.

It's a just a matter of get used to it: I recommend to play a lot more with the trims than in other planes, as you have to be very smooth with him.

Yes, smooth and gentle is the key here.

If it's still too much, you can set a curve in the joystick setup screen.

Modules: Bf 109, C-101, CE-II, F-5, Gazelle, Huey, Ka-50, Mi-8, MiG-15, MiG-19, MiG-21, Albatros, Viggen, Mirage 2000, Hornet, Yak-52, FC3

• 4 weeks later...
Is it just me or is the L-39ZA/C very twitchy and tends to jump around a lot, even in small movements. All the other aircraft feel just fine but this one specifically just bounces a lot, anyone else have this issue or know why? thanks!

I cannot overemphasize the importance of setting your joystick up properly for each plane. If its too jumpy, use curves or just flatten the response. I had a hell of a time flying helicopters for many months before I was told the "secret" of using not curves, but a flat linear response that was like 30-50% of the full range input. With most fixed wing, I find that curves work fine, but the non linearity of curves can be a problem for small input motions. You can also make your own "hybrid" linear in the center and curved at the ends profiles, but it definitely takes time and tweaking to do.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).