English cockpit? - Page 2 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 05-16-2019, 12:33 AM   #11
Kev2go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Штуцер View Post
Maybe the I-16 was exported? Then I want Russian cockpits for F-18C, A-10C, etc., and in the metric system! Is it difficult for some individuals to remember the name and purpose of gauges in a foreign language? I-16 simple plane.
З.Ы. Как говорит наш дорогой шеф, в нашем деле главное этот самый реализЬм. (с)
English cockpit options for Russian aircraft

Mig15bis, Mig21Bis L39C & ZA , Ka50, mi8, Yak52

other foreign aircraft that have English Cockpit option

M2000C, C101

Aircraft that have cockpit language options other than English ( Ie Chinese)

Chinese

F5E, Mig21BIS, mi8

need i go on?

Build:

Spoiler:

Windows 10 64 bit,

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z370- E Motherboard, Intel Core i7 8700k ( Noctua NH14S cooler),Crucial Ballistix DDR4 16gb ram (2400 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia Gtx 1080 8gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; WD 1TB HDD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 512 gb SSD

Kev2go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2019, 01:10 AM   #12
Balzarog

Location: The Democratic People's Republic of Massachusetts, U.S.A.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Штуцер View Post
Maybe the I-16 was exported? Then I want Russian cockpits for F-18C, A-10C, etc., and in the metric system! Is it difficult for some individuals to remember the name and purpose of gauges in a foreign language? I-16 simple plane.
З.Ы. Как говорит наш дорогой шеф, в нашем деле главное этот самый реализЬм. (с)
I think what this poster is asking is not which other aircraft have cockpits with languages other than the original manufacturers’ language, but do the F-18 and A-10 have cockpits on languages other than English? If they don’t, it’s a valid question of why not, and why no one has demanded them.

i-7 8700K Coffee Lake 3.7 Ghz CPU, 32GB Corsair 3200 RAM, GTX1080 Ti 11Gb VRAM. Controls - Thrustmaster Warthog H.O.T.A.S., Saitek Pro rudder pedals, TrackIR 5, Oculus Rift C2.
Balzarog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2019, 04:59 AM   #13
Штуцер

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balzarog View Post
I think what this poster is asking is not which other aircraft have cockpits with languages other than the original manufacturers’ language, but do the F-18 and A-10 have cockpits on languages other than English? If they don’t, it’s a valid question of why not, and why no one has demanded them.
The meaning of my post is that the original cockpits are so good now (excluding the Ka-50) that you should not spoil them with mods and interfere with the developers' ideas. In addition, it does not correspond to realism, which is what the world of the DCS is striving for.
i7-7700K (4.8 GHz),AORUS GeForce GTX 1080 8Gb 11Gbps, Windows10 x64 120Gb SSD/256Gb SSD for DCS +RAID10 , LG 32UD59 UHD 4K + Acer 24", 24GB RAM, РУС VKB Gladiator Pro MkII, РУД CH PRO Throttle, Педали BRD-F3, TrackIR 4
Штуцер is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2019, 11:02 AM   #14
Ala13_ManOWar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balzarog View Post
AFAIK no, I don't think Hornet or A-10 features a Russian cockpit . Didn't search for them though.

S!
Old 05-16-2019, 10:32 PM   #15
Kev2go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ala13_ManOWar View Post
AFAIK no, I don't think Hornet or A-10 features a Russian cockpit . Didn't search for them though.

S!
maybe because there are more simmers from the western English speaking nations than there are from Russia

Build:

Spoiler:

Windows 10 64 bit,

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z370- E Motherboard, Intel Core i7 8700k ( Noctua NH14S cooler),Crucial Ballistix DDR4 16gb ram (2400 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia Gtx 1080 8gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; WD 1TB HDD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 512 gb SSD

Kev2go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2019, 07:04 AM   #16
Ala13_ManOWar

With the Fw190 and F-16 fuss I-16 topics calmed down quickly.

Anyway, funny stuff about this thread is nobody asked for an English cockpit in German aircraft . You got a Kraftstoffpumpen (or something like that) lettering and nobody cares, but a few Cyrillic instruments lettering (Russian took the time to put a lettering in most instruments, Germans didn't) and people freak out .

S!
Old 05-18-2019, 11:33 AM   #17
LeCuvier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kev2go View Post
maybe because there are more simmers from the western English speaking nations than there are from Russia
From my experience, the Russians are better at learning English than the Westerners at learning Russian, and they don't complain an English cockpit.
Personally I'm happy with the original cockpit. It's so simple that it becomes very quickly obvious what the various instruments indicate.
Still, I understand people who want an English cockpit, and I would expect that either Octopus or a knowledgeable simmer will create one.
Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5
LeCuvier is offline   Reply With Quote