Asus UK RMA Times.

Anybody had to RMA anything to ASUS UK?

My 2080TI packed in three weeks ago and was duly returned to the retailer. They got around to testing it yesterday and found it faulty... No Shit Sherlock.

Instead of replacing it, this time they have sent it back to ASUS for repair. I am told this will take up to 28 days, then it has to be sent back to the retailer, then sent out to me. I figure the shipping will at the very best take an extra week. Of course the courier will come when I am out at work and the delivery will have to be rescheduled....

The previous card failure took three weeks to sort. So I am looking at a card that has been out of action probably close to three months in total since September.

Unless of course ASUS are remarkably fast in their turnaround. Somehow I doubt it though.

To say I'm pissed is an understatement.

System spec: i9 9900K, Gigabyte Aorus Z390 Ultra motherboard, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200 RAM, Corsair M.2 NVMe 1Tb Boot SSD. Seagate 1Tb Hybrid mass storage SSD. ASUS RTX2080TI Dual OC, Thermaltake Flo Riing 360mm water pumper, EVGA 850G3 PSU. HP Reverb, TM Warthog, Crosswind pedals, Buttkicker Gamer 2.

Dude, that sucks, but at least you guys have really good beer in the UK :)

EVGA 2080TI FTW3 ULTRA - 99000k - 32gb 3200 14-14-14-34 - ASROK Phantom 9 - EVGA 1300W - 970 EVO Plus 1TB [X2] - Noctua D15 - Noctua NF-A14 iPPC-3000 [X8] - Asus PG349q 34" 3440 x 1440 @120hz - Oculus S - EVGA D87 Case

Ah. I see I am labouring under a misapprehension. I said I was pissed in deference to our US cousins.

To phrase it correctly in Her Majesty's language. I'm extremely pissed orf. Aka peeved, miffed, narked or plain old vexed.

:lol:

Edited by Tinkickef

System spec: i9 9900K, Gigabyte Aorus Z390 Ultra motherboard, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200 RAM, Corsair M.2 NVMe 1Tb Boot SSD. Seagate 1Tb Hybrid mass storage SSD. ASUS RTX2080TI Dual OC, Thermaltake Flo Riing 360mm water pumper, EVGA 850G3 PSU. HP Reverb, TM Warthog, Crosswind pedals, Buttkicker Gamer 2.

Your delay looks like ok. :D I have waited 2-3 months for my Asus motherboard. But I did not wait, i bought another mobo. :sly: I had already waited 2 months for my G940, another waiting was too much, i was very addicted at these times.

Edited by Demon_

Attache ta tuque avec d'la broche.

Ask if you can do an Advanced RMA. Being helpful so and sos that they are, they might not volunteer if that is an option. Just in case you don't know what an Advanced RMA is:

1) You pay for a new GPU day 0. It gets sent to you day 0. Arrives day 2 or whatever.

2) On day 0 you send Asus your defective GPU. Asus give you a deadline to send then the defective GPU.. say 2 weeks or 4 weeks (check their policy). Maybe it takes five days to get to Asus lets say.

3) Next business day Asus check the defective GPU; make sure you did not cause the damage or modify the GPU in a way not authorised under the warranty terms (again manufacturer policies vary on this). It is best to sent it back as close to stock as possible to avoid problems, but it does not sound like you did anything, so no problem.

4) They issue a refund on the 2nd GPU you bought. Your warranty continues on the second GPU... just be sure to register it.

Not sure if Advanced RMA is possible with Asus. It definitely is with EVGA which is one reason that I buy EVGA electronics. But on a brand new card $1000 card that goes wrong on day 1 you can kick up a stink if they give you problems and see if you get a positive reaction.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Afaik, Asus only grants Servers and Workstations an Advanced RMA. They did with my WS-boards, which got a replacement in a matter of days, whereas my 980GTX Poseidon did not qualify for that..and it took 6+ weeks for that RMA.

The WS board was 450€, the GPU was 780€ back then. The price does not seem to make a difference here, it's more consumer vs. professional usage scenario.

Asus could defo get better with RMA's

Gigabyte Aorus X570S Master - Ryzen 5900X - Gskill 64GB 3200/CL14@3600/CL14 - Asus 1080ti EK-waterblock - 4x Samsung 980Pro 1TB - 1x Samsung 870 Evo 1TB - 1x SanDisc 120GB SSD - Heatkiller IV - MoRa3-360LT@9x120mm Noctua F12 - Corsair AXi-1200 - TiR5-Pro - Warthog Hotas - Saitek Combat Pedals - Asus PG278Q 27" QHD Gsync 144Hz - Corsair K70 RGB Pro - Win11 Pro/Linux - Phanteks Evolv-X 

I'm not in the UK, but I' m in Canada, and ASUS RMA is effing BS here too.

I built 3 new 9900k systems in Nov 2018 when they came out. The Asus z390 ROG motherboard I had in one of them died the 2nd night I had it, blue screen and then wouldn't post. Took a whole afternoon disassembling and testing every component to confirm it was the motherboard. Contacted Newegg, who said tough crap, and contact Asus support. I did that. Sent it back to ASUS Canada. I should also note that 2 of the SATA ports didn't work on the board out of the box, and I just used other ones instead as I only needed a couple for that build as I was using 970 1 TB drives in the m.2 slots. Anyhow, they contact me and tell me one of the pins in the CPU socket has a very slight bend. Just one, and anyway that's complete BS, as I had taken pics of that in case they tried this frequent trick, and emailed them pics of it right before I loaded it into the box. They still denied my warranty, even though it was faulty out of the box (sata ports), and died after 48 hours. They wouldn't even check to see what part of the board failed (I know it wasn't the socket, they could have tested that even IF the socket had a very slightly bent pin, or replaced the socket and then tested it, and seen it wasn't the socket that failed).

I've bought SO much Asus stuff, tons of gaming ROG products, at least 10 of their ROG monitors alone, including 2 4k 144hz units recently, and more MB and other components than I can even compute. Never again. I've gone out of my way to avoid their GPUs, MBs, and now monitors, not because of their products, but because of their lack of honoring their warranty.

Systems

Virpil T50x2,T50CM2x2,Warbrd x2, VFX/Delta/CM2/Alpha/Tm Hornet sticks, VKB GF3, Tm Warthog(many), Modded Cougar, VKB Pedals/MFG Pedals/Slaw Viper RX+109Cam Pedals/Virpil T50+T50CM Throttle/CH Fightersticks/CH Throttles/CH peds, Index x1, Reverb x1

Just one, and anyway that's complete BS, as I had taken pics of that in case they tried this frequent trick, and emailed them pics of it right before I loaded it into the box. They still denied my warranty, even though it was faulty out of the box (sata ports), and died after 48 hours. They wouldn't even check to see what part of the board failed (I know it wasn't the socket, they could have tested that even IF the socket had a very slightly bent pin, or replaced the socket and then tested it, and seen it wasn't the socket that failed).

Yes, I confirm they use this frequent trick :bye: I always laugh when peoples "want" Asus mobo.

Edited by Demon_

Attache ta tuque avec d'la broche.