DCS: Me 262 Discussion (Development on hold currently)

NineLine

I am looking forward to this more that any of the other WWII birds. It should be really interesting to fly.

In IL2 i find it rather boring, not very subtle in regards of move-ability and seems too fast compared to tempest, spitfire and Bf109 even. But if you like jets .... IMO WW1 planes as in Rise of Flight and FC1 are more game fun.

The 262 in any WW2 environment is completely un-balancing. None of the operational issues ever get factored in and you end up with idiots thinking they are gods gift to ACM when they are flying a jet vs piston fighters at 2-300 mph advantage.

I'd much rather see some of the classics like some earlier 109's F's or G2/6's, Spit V's or A6M zeros. IE planes that can actually dogfight. ;)

The 262 in any WW2 environment is completely un-balancing. None of the operational issues ever get factored in and you end up with idiots thinking they are gods gift to ACM when they are flying a jet vs piston fighters at 2-300 mph advantage.

I'd much rather see some of the classics like some earlier 109's F's or G2/6's, Spit V's or A6M zeros. IE planes that can actually dogfight. ;)

Me262 will be a nice addition. But if you only think about the dogfight server, it will not be un-balancing. It will be useless. No one would catch him and he could catch no one that make a turn.

But for mission purpose, this will be one of the greatest plane. Will be a big challenge for pilot to use the 262 in other role than fighter. And a challenge for allies that have to use correct tactics to get them.

Me262 will be a nice addition. But if you only think about the dogfight server, it will not be un-balancing. It will be useless. No one would catch him and he could catch no one that make a turn.

But for mission purpose, this will be one of the greatest plane. Will be a big challenge for pilot to use the 262 in other role than fighter. And a challenge for allies that have to use correct tactics to get them.

Agree, me 262 is very first jet with many flaws, it is hard to control at high speeds, engines are very unstable(often flame outs, compressor stall), Dont think that me262 is equivalent of mig-15 or f-86.

This plane will be extremely hard to master, I can tell that Hiromachi will like that one :)

System specs: I7 14700KF, Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite, 64GB DDR4 3600MHz, Gigabyte RTX 4090,Win 11, 48" OLED LG TV + 42" LG LED monitor

ED has yet to actually mention something about the 262 or even show us a single thing, why does this discussion even exist?

I'm not slamming ED, I just find this rather weird to be discussing this since 2015 but there has been, from what I can see, absolutely nothing shown or spoken about with regards to the 262..?

Planes such as Ju87, 88, He111, A20, Pe2, IL2, and Bf110 would be FAR more fitting to be added before something like the 262 in any case?

ED has yet to actually mention something about the 262 or even show us a single thing, why does this discussion even exist?

I'm not slamming ED, I just find this rather weird to be discussing this since 2015 but there has been, from what I can see, absolutely nothing shown or spoken about with regards to the 262..?

Planes such as Ju87, 88, He111, A20, Pe2, IL2, and Bf110 would be FAR more fitting to be added before something like the 262 in any case?

The latest news was that they haven't even started doing it/researching it

• ED Team

Basically, L-39 is a good approximation of Me-262 :) to understand all the pros and contras of a small jet vs props.

P.S. I have not said "a copy"!

Ніщо так сильно не ранить мозок, як уламки скла від розбитих рожевих окулярів

There is nothing so hurtful for the brain as splinters of broken rose-coloured spectacles.

Ничто так сильно не ранит мозг, как осколки стекла от разбитых розовых очков (С) Me

Basically, L-39 is a good approximation of Me-262 :) to understand all the pros and contras of a small jet vs props.

P.S. I have not said "a copy"!

I was flying with l-39 on aerobatic server in p-51 i could stay on his tail w/o big problems, in level flights i was behind quite fast.

But i think Me 262 will be a little bit faster in level flight.

Higher we were flying l-39 was losing advantage noticeable at 24k ft there was not much left from l-39

Edited by grafspee

System specs: I7 14700KF, Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite, 64GB DDR4 3600MHz, Gigabyte RTX 4090,Win 11, 48" OLED LG TV + 42" LG LED monitor

There have been some updates on it. https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=4020297&postcount=285

It was part of the dcs ww2 kickstarter promise and it just simply is a bird many people are interested in flying. Me included.

Its not just about having battles with contemporary fighters, but flying the things you find interesting and learning about them.

There have been some updates on it. https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=4020297&postcount=285

It was part of the dcs ww2 kickstarter promise and it just simply is a bird many people are interested in flying. Me included.

Its not just about having battles with contemporary fighters, but flying the things you find interesting and learning about them.

As an original Kickstarter funder . . . I cannot wait! :pilotfly:

Pointy end hurt! Fire burn!!
JTF-191 25th Draggins - Hawg Main. Black Shark 2, A10C, A10CII, F-16, F/A-18, F-86, Mig-15, Mig-19, Mig-21, P-51, F-15, Su-27, Su-33, Mig-29, FW-190 Dora, Anton, BF 109, Mossie, Normandy, Caucasus, NTTR, Persian Gulf, Channel, Syria, Marianas, WWII Assets, CA. (WWII backer picked aircraft ME-262, P-47D).

Exactly! :thumbup:

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

I agree fully, however ED needs to think in the bigger picture other than simple interests. There is an entire ww2 scene that they ste trying to create and the online element of dcs is quite big, so doing a 262 would be out of place this early. I do also want a 262 but all in good order and time.

As an original Kickstarter funder . . . I cannot wait! :pilotfly:

Absolutely agree with you both. I think ED should really really push to the Me 262, because it is in the original "promise" of this Kickstarter as a strechgoal. I´m happy we´ve got the Anton(non-Kickstarter). I will immediately buy the Jug(Original-Kickstarter) and Mossie(non-Kickstarter). But the Swallow should be the next one after the Mossie, as we are already in the year 6 after the Kickstarter.

It´s about time.

Balance? ED should make the Gloster Meteor right after the Me262.

Fox

Spoiler

PC Specs: Ryzen 9 5900X, 3080ti, 64GB RAM, Oculus Quest 3

Absolutely agree with you both. I think ED should really really push to the Me 262, because it is in the original "promise" of this Kickstarter as a strechgoal. I´m happy we´ve got the Anton(non-Kickstarter). I will immediately buy the Jug(Original-Kickstarter) and Mossie(non-Kickstarter). But the Swallow should be the next one after the Mossie, as we are already in the year 6 after the Kickstarter.

It´s about time.

Balance? ED should make the Gloster Meteor right after the Me262.

Fox

The Meteor did not see much, if any, combat in WW2, it would be entirely out of place. Balance belongs in War thunder, not DCS.

The Meteor did not see much, if any, combat in WW2, it would be entirely out of place. Balance belongs in War thunder, not DCS.

Totally agree.

It's exhausting to see "dogfight servers users" always complaining for balance.

As I love to fly mission, I can't wait to see 262. But it's true that DCS miss lot of plane and can't wait to see them all ! (but my bank account can :lol:)

Totally agree.

It's exhausting to see "dogfight servers users" always complaining for balance.

As I love to fly mission, I can't wait to see 262. But it's true that DCS miss lot of plane and can't wait to see them all ! (but my bank account can :lol:)

Rate of releasing ww2 stuff in DCS isn't high enough that average bank account would not handle.

1 plane each every year for 80$ it basically nothing.And DCS is far from 1 ww2 plane per year.

Rate of releasing ww2 stuff in DCS isn't high enough that average bank account would not handle.

1 plane each every year for 80$ it basically nothing.And DCS is far from 1 ww2 plane per year.

Yes. I think ED hates money.

:pilotfly:

Kein Anderer als ein Jäger spürt,

Den Kampf und Sieg so konzentriert.

Das macht uns glücklich, stolz und froh,

Der Jägerei ein Horrido!

I mean I can t wait to see them but my bank account can for the joke.

Here we had 2 warbirds last year. That's not a lot. But when DM and other big game update will be released I imagine we are going to have more ww2 plane each years. So yes it s slow. But I m curious to see this year and the following.

I mean I can t wait to see them but my bank account can for the joke.

Here we had 2 warbirds last year. That's not a lot. But when DM and other big game update will be released I imagine we are going to have more ww2 plane each years. So yes it s slow. But I m curious to see this year and the following.

2 ww2 planes per year that would be very good.

I know that you were joking i just wanted to adress this issue to ppl complaining about planes prices in DCS.

If there are AI asset next to the 2 modules I agree. But if not it s not enough to be able to make historical mission with historical asset before so much years.

I hope that, with bf 109 k and fw 190 A it would take less time to make the other 109 and 190 version later.

You do realize that I wanted to please the "balance!" crowd?

I want all major WWII aircraft types and subvariants in DCS. I don't care about perceived balance.

True balance is only achieveable if both sides have the same aircraft painted in different colours.

I'd love to have Me262 vs. Meteor fights. Just for the fun of it. And because it could have happened if the war continued a few more months.

Beside that: War, was never balanced.

I hope that, with bf 109 k and fw 190 A it would take less time to make the other 109 and 190 version later.

I have the impression, that Anton was a testbed for this. In the Keycommands you see a few copied commands from Dora to Anton.

I hope we get a Bf109G6 soon (both late and early versions)

Fox

Spoiler

PC Specs: Ryzen 9 5900X, 3080ti, 64GB RAM, Oculus Quest 3

If there are AI asset next to the 2 modules I agree. But if not it s not enough to be able to make historical mission with historical asset before so much years.

What i would love to see is that ED would jump straight to early WW2, bf109 E spit mkI /II that would be sweet.At least we would have some kind of proper map :)

Agree, me 262 is very first jet with many flaws, it is hard to control at high speeds, engines are very unstable(often flame outs, compressor stall), Dont think that me262 is equivalent of mig-15 or f-86.

This plane will be extremely hard to master, I can tell that Hiromachi will like that one :)

Actually no :)

"The normal range of flight characteristics from aerobatic maneuvres to the stall revealed the Me 262 as a very responsive and docile aeroplane, leaving one with a confident impression of a first class combat aircraft for both fighter and ground attack roles. Harmony of controls was pleasant, with a stick force per 'g' of 2.72 kg (6lb) at mid-CG position and a roll rate of 360 degrees in 3.8 seconds at 645 km/h (400 mph) at 1525m (5000 ft)"

- Eric Winkle Brown, Wings of the Luftwaffe, Page 252