PLEASE fix the Mig-21 canopy glass.

Deano87

Hope they fix this soon. I've been flying the Mig21 like this the entire time I've had it, and I love the plane, but I really wish it was easier to spot F5, Harriers and Viggens in the cold war server. If contacts are ever in the direction of the sun it's extremly difficult.

This could be my words. :thumbup:

Magnitude should be more transparent. I would be very helpful for us to see what are working on and what is in the Pipeline. A timeline is not reqired.

Hope they give always love to the MIG-21.

System Specs: AMD Ryzen 5 3600, RX 6900 XT, 64GB RAM // Tobsen CM Kollektiv, VPC CM3 Throttle, VPC WarBRD Rudder Pedals, VPC T-50 CM2 + WarBRD Base  VR: HP Reverb G2

Helis: UH-1H / KA-50 3 / Mi-8 / Mi-24P / SA-342 / AH-64D  Jets: F-5E / F-14A/B / F/A-18C / MC-2000 / A-10C II / AV-8B / AJS 37 / MIG-21bis  / F-16C / F-15E / F-4E (soon)  WWII: Spitfire / WWII Assets Pack

Tech.: Combined Arms / NS430 / Supercarrier   Maps:  Nevada / Persian Gulf / Normandie / Syria / South Atlantic  Waiting for:  BO-105 / OH 58D / CH-47 Chinook / G.91R / Tornado IDS / A-7E Corsair II

LOL, glad I don't drive in the morning in Ponyville.. :doh:

In a serious note, this should be fixed months ago with the night illumination in the cockpit. I know M3 is a small team, but things like this are destroying their reputation.. We are not talking about strange bugs or systems that need a full rework in order to make it right. We're talking about broken visuals that don't allow to use the plane with DS on.

Edited by S-GERAT

What exactly is the issue?

No army in the world would accept that.

However, this is looking perfect for rendering fog and implement it for better realism :thumbup:

I'll buy :

МиГ-23МЛД & МЛА МиГ-27К МиГ-25 Mirage III F-4E any IJ plane 1950' Korea Dynamic campaign module

Actually, at first I thought the canopy glare was intentional and due to the materials used in the real MiG-21. To me it made sense that an older aircraft had less clear (lower quality) plexi glass for the canopy, but I am happy to hear it is in fact not intentional and will get fixed :)

Spoiler

Ryzen 9 5900X | 64GB G.Skill TridentZ 3600 | Gigabyte RX6900XT | ASUS ROG Strix X570-E GAMING | Samsung 990Pro 2TB + 960Pro 1TB NMVe | HP Reverb G2
Pro Flight Trainer Puma | VIRPIL MT-50CM2+3 base / CM2 x2 grip with 200 mm S-curve extension + CM3 throttle + CP2/3 + FSSB R3L + VPC Rotor TCS Plus base with SharKa-50 grip mounted on Monstertech MFC-1 | TPR rudder pedals

OpenXR | PD 1.0 | 100% render resolution | DCS "HIGH" preset

I have flown a variety of bubble canopy aircraft in a multitude of different lighting conditions and I have never seen a canopy glass respond in the way it does in the Mig-21 currently. Some interior reflection is expected but this is ridiculous...

Proud owner of:

PointCTRL VR : Finger Trackers for VR -- Real Simulator : FSSB R3L Force Sensing Stick. -- Deltasim : Force Sensor WH Slew Upgrade -- Mach3Ti Ring : Real Flown Mach 3 SR-71 Titanium, made into an amazing ring.

My Fathers Aviation Memoirs: 50 Years of Flying Fun - From Hunter to Spitfire and back again.

I hope this will be fixed in the upcoming patch, but it would be nice to get some quick "unofficial" fix, because it often makes the Mig-21 hardly flyable, when your most important sensor is your eyeball MK-1 and you often cannot use it. I have to fly IFR in clear sunny weather conditions, which is ridiculous. It would be also helpful at least if the helmet sun visor would remove the glare, if canopy fix is too hard to do.

I found a "quick fix" yesterday when i forgot to lock and seal my canopy and left it on the runway. :D:thumbup:

Specs:WIN10, I7-4790K, ASUS RANGER VII, 16GB G.Skill DDR3, GEFORCE 1080, NVME SSD, SSD, VIRPIL T-50 THROTTLE, K-51 COLLECTIVE, MS FFB2 (CH COMBATSTICK MOD), MFG CROSSWINDS, JETPAD, RIFT S

Modules:A10C, AH-64D, AJS-37, AV8B, BF109K4, CA, F/A18C, F14, F5EII, F86F, FC3, FW190A8, FW190D9, KA50, L39, M2000C, MI8TV2, MI24P, MIG15BIS, MIG19P, MIG21BIS, MIRAGE F1, P51D, SA342, SPITFIRE, UH1H, NORMANDY, PERSIAN GULF, CHANNEL, SYRIA

Thrustmaster TWCS Afterburner Detent
https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=223776

My Frankenwinder ffb2 stick

One of my squadron friends does that as well, when she wants "better airconditioning" :-D

Spoiler

Ryzen 9 5900X | 64GB G.Skill TridentZ 3600 | Gigabyte RX6900XT | ASUS ROG Strix X570-E GAMING | Samsung 990Pro 2TB + 960Pro 1TB NMVe | HP Reverb G2
Pro Flight Trainer Puma | VIRPIL MT-50CM2+3 base / CM2 x2 grip with 200 mm S-curve extension + CM3 throttle + CP2/3 + FSSB R3L + VPC Rotor TCS Plus base with SharKa-50 grip mounted on Monstertech MFC-1 | TPR rudder pedals

OpenXR | PD 1.0 | 100% render resolution | DCS "HIGH" preset

• 3 weeks later...

It is debatable if the glass glare in the sun is realistic or not... The problem is that the Migs opponents, the F5, viggen, and harrier have perfectly clear canopies and the pilot can look directly at he sun with no problem spotting targets.

It's hard enough flying the mig21 against those planes as the mig engine will flame out from neg G or over speed. The mig wing will stall if you pull to much alpha and the other planes have none of these challenges plus they have great RWR .

I love the mig21 and enjoy the challenge but the glare needs to be reduced or the server will have very few people willing to fly the mig.

It's already fixed with the latest beta patch 2.5.1 seems like it was a problem on EDs side which is gone since the new open beta.

Specs:WIN10, I7-4790K, ASUS RANGER VII, 16GB G.Skill DDR3, GEFORCE 1080, NVME SSD, SSD, VIRPIL T-50 THROTTLE, K-51 COLLECTIVE, MS FFB2 (CH COMBATSTICK MOD), MFG CROSSWINDS, JETPAD, RIFT S

Modules:A10C, AH-64D, AJS-37, AV8B, BF109K4, CA, F/A18C, F14, F5EII, F86F, FC3, FW190A8, FW190D9, KA50, L39, M2000C, MI8TV2, MI24P, MIG15BIS, MIG19P, MIG21BIS, MIRAGE F1, P51D, SA342, SPITFIRE, UH1H, NORMANDY, PERSIAN GULF, CHANNEL, SYRIA

Thrustmaster TWCS Afterburner Detent
https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=223776

My Frankenwinder ffb2 stick

• 7 months later...

Any news on the dirty canopy glass? The glare is gone, but the grime and dirt is still really bad.

Do we have to wait for the new cockpit?

I would like to have 2 diffrent canopyglass to chose from. Put them as selectable, as Mi-8 has.

A clean and a dirty one to chose from.

That should not take several month to do. I bet they have the texture for a clear glas already. Just make it a part of this awsome module!

• 1 month later...

I would like to have 2 diffrent canopyglass to chose from. Put them as selectable, as Mi-8 has.

A clean and a dirty one to chose from.

That should not take several month to do. I bet they have the texture for a clear glas already. Just make it a part of this awsome module!

sure, it has already been done by several modders a few years agos ( it is really a matter of 3 textures + 5 modified lines of code )

but Magnitude only realized there was an issue last Summer, why would you expect them to fix it in less than 6 months ? music_whistling.gif

it is nice and well that they plan to release a brand new shining cockpit in a few months ( so they said... quite a few months ago ), but they could think a bit about their Customers who actually USE their module, RIGHT NOW, not 1 year in the future and fix this issue in 1 hour

Edited by Vilab

The MiG-21 is a low maintenance-aircraft, so a dirty canopy is exactly what I would expect. :D I got to say that despite of making your life a little bit harder in dogfights, I still have no serious problems with it.

I only wish that they fixed that occasional shimmering of the canopy glass when the sun shines on it. But even this is no real issue for me.

The MiG-21 is a low maintenance-aircraft, so a dirty canopy is exactly what I would expect. :D I got to say that despite of making your life a little bit harder in dogfights, I still have no serious problems with it.

I only wish that they fixed that occasional shimmering of the canopy glass when the sun shines on it. But even this is no real issue for me.

Wow... you really give no credit to ground crews do you.... really? wow....

Maintenance is one thing. Ceeping a airplane in operating conditions when its got hours to fly (with other words! Its been in maintance. The maintenance is done!) Its like talking about apples and pears and call them the same thing, its not! The dirty canopy in The DCS Mig-21 is what a museum Mig looks like. Not a combat aircraft.

Come on, do you think the pilots flying this tube would accept a canopy looking like that.... just..... no!

If you cant see in a fighter, you are dead. The canopys are keept clean, in combat enviremont, by a "low maintenance" aircraft! I promise you that! For real! Its a thing amongst ground crew guys! All over the world! Its their job dude!