Spit ammo

Hi

Over the past weeks I have been flying with my Spitfire. I tried several missions but in the end flying on the Blue side with the Spit is not half as fun as flying on the Red side with The BF109.

Why? Well, it looks like the Spit runs our of rounds twice as fast as the Bf109.

I maybe shoot down one or two Stukas, then back to base for replenishing the ammo. Which leads to a mission fail, as the second wave of Stukas will be able to hit the radar before I make it back in the air.

With the Bf109 I get the 4 spit and still got ammo left.

Is this just my impression or does the Spitfire have less ammo?

X-Plane 11.5x / DCS 2.5.6 / P3Dv5 / Aerofly FS 2 / War Thunder

Win10-x64 | ASUS Z390 Maximus VI | Intel i7-9700K @3.6GHz | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB DDR4 | 6TB SSD Samsung 850 Pro | 2TB M2 PCI 4x | ASUS GTX 1080 ROG STRIX 8GB DDR5X | TM Hotas Warthog | Saitek Combat Pedals | Oculus Rift S

Hi

Over the past weeks I have been flying with my Spitfire. I tried several missions but in the end flying on the Blue side with the Spit is not half as fun as flying on the Red side with The BF109.

Why? Well, it looks like the Spit runs our of rounds twice as fast as the Bf109.

I maybe shoot down one or two Stukas, then back to base for replenishing the ammo. Which leads to a mission fail, as the second wave of Stukas will be able to hit the radar before I make it back in the air.

With the Bf109 I get the 4 spit and still got ammo left.

Is this just my impression or does the Spitfire have less ammo?

Spit has about 350 rounds per gun (if i'm not mistaken) and 120 per cannon, the 109 has 300 per gun and 65 for the cannon.

Make sure you actually hit the target at a distance, as the convergence can "half" the damage you do if you are too close.

Edited by razo+r

I don't understand why you need to speculate about this.

It would take about 5 minutes to actually demonstrate how quickly each aircraft uses up its ammunition in a continuous burst.

On YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/philstylenz

Storm of War WW2 server website: https://stormofwar.net/

The 109 has the shorter clip. Both the 109K and Mk IX are heavily armed, and the Mk IX's high velocity 20mm should be more practical for shooting down fighters, but the Mk IX is really hurt by the poor visibility over the nose.

It's hard to hit what you can't see.

P-51D | Fw 190D-9 | Bf 109K-4 | Spitfire Mk IX | P-47D | WW2 assets pack | F-86 | Mig-15 | Mig-21 | Mirage 2000C | A-10C II | F-5E | F-16 | F/A-18 | Ka-50 | Combined Arms | FC3 | Nevada | Normandy | Straight of Hormuz | Syria