Kiowa release date? - Page 2 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 06-10-2020, 03:39 PM   #11
tugais

I sure wish they won't release it until they feel the module is complete. They took the right decision to not releasing it as an early access module ; they need to rebuild their community after the Gazelle criticisms.
Old 06-29-2020, 07:30 PM   #12
Bagpipe

I REALLY hope they release it at exactly the same time as their upgrade to the Gazelle because I REALLY want the Kiowa but not until the Gazelle is finished. I was the same with HB before getting the Tomcat having already owned a not quite excellent Viggen (at that point, its great now)
https://www.twitch.tv/bagpipeflying/
Bagpipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2020, 07:56 PM   #13
Fri13
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlacleyCole View Post
I’d prefer a complete version and not to ease unpaid tester or rather than a paying customer who ends up being a tester
I prefer early access model, because I do not whine on forums when I acknowledged that I am using a software product that is in development, and I can always reverse updates if needed, as well get to participate to testing as well learning in early phase.

Everyone else has always full rights and changes to sit out and wait that the module gets feature completed and out of early access before buying it....

release without early access does not deliver better product, or product any faster out, or help company economically. Only thing it does is it locks whining people out from showing off their ignorance in forums that they dont understand what an early access is.
Old 06-29-2020, 08:58 PM   #14
Bagpipe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fri13 View Post
... I do not whine on forums...
Ahem...
https://www.twitch.tv/bagpipeflying/
Bagpipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2020, 09:01 PM   #15
Fri13
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bagpipe View Post
Ahem...
Stating fact is not whining.

Go a head and find a post from me where I whine that a Early Access module that I have purchased is not completed and it must be completed ASAP or I demand refunding, or that developers are to blame when they can't release a working product in Early Access because I didn't wait EA period to end....
Old 07-01-2020, 09:00 AM   #16
stormridersp

Quote:
I prefer early access model, because I do not whine on forums when I acknowledged that I am using a software product that is in development, and I can always reverse updates if needed, as well get to participate to testing as well learning in early phase.

Everyone else has always full rights and changes to sit out and wait that the module gets feature completed and out of early access before buying it....

release without early access does not deliver better product, or product any faster out, or help company economically. Only thing it does is it locks whining people out from showing off their ignorance in forums that they dont understand what an early access is.

Good for you.

Wishlist:
AH-64
F-15E
F-117A
stormridersp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2020, 02:23 PM   #17
kotor633

Quote:

Early access, also known as early funding, alpha-access, alpha founding, or paid-alpha, is a funding model in the video game industry by which consumers can purchase and play a game in the various pre-release development cycles, such as pre-alpha, alpha, and/or beta, while the developer is able to use those funds to ...
When you purchase a Early Access title, you do not have to buy it again. You are simply buying it early, when many bugs are still present, and you are in the early stages of the game where the developers are still trying to get everything straight for the full release.

Have we clarified the EA question? Yes? Very good! What does that have to do with whining, ignorant people? If there are people in DCS who just don't want to support this crap?
kotor633 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2020, 10:34 PM   #18
Grodlund

LMAO! Fri13 > I usually just skip reading your post, but this one made my day!
Hillarious
Old 07-03-2020, 10:54 AM   #19
Looney

A two page thread about a release date and nobody made the "Two weeks(TM)" remark? Amazing...

Commodore 64 | MOS6510 | VIC-II | SID6581 | DD 1541 | KCS Power Cartridge | 64Kb | 32Kb external | Arcade Turbo
Looney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2020, 01:06 PM   #20
Phantom88

I N C O M I N G ! !
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	dcs-world-kiowa-warrior.jpg
Views:	68
Size:	795.4 KB
ID:	241617   Click image for larger version

Name:	dcs-world-kiowa-warrior-01.jpg
Views:	71