Trying to Instal Edge 540 mod - ED Forums

Notices

Old 06-29-2020, 03:00 PM   #1
Jerry Witt

Default Trying to Instal Edge 540 mod

Hey guys. like the title says, Im trying to install the Edge 540 mod. I installed first in the dcs mods folder, nothing happened, went to the saced games dcs folder installed the mod folder there and nothing happened.

do these mods only work for Open beta? i have the latest DCS but not the open beta.

Thanks.

JDW
Jerry Witt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2020, 04:36 PM   #2
Shahdoh

The Edge 540 will work on any version of DCS(includes STEAM), but it MUST be copied into the correct path into the SAVED Games area of your install.

It DEFINITELY will not work if put into the core DCS install location. Be sure to remove it (and the pylons if also there) if you have done so as this will keep it from working even if it is ALSO in the correct location.

The Edge 540 path should be this:
Code:
<Drive Letter>:\Users\<Your Login Name>\Saved Games\<DCS install Name>\Mods\aircraft\Edge 540
And the Pylon mod here:
Code:
<Drive Letter>:\Users\<Your Login Name>\Saved Games\<DCS install Name>\Mods\tech\VARS Pylons
Its as easy as copying the files into the correct place and the only setup is configuring your joysticks as usual.
Shahdoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2020, 05:54 PM   #3
Jerry Witt

wow Thanks! worked right away. first time I have installed something other than approved mods by dcs. i really appreciate it.
Jerry Witt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2020, 06:09 PM   #4
Shahdoh

Glad its working for you, enjoy! It really is something different than anything else in DCS atm.
Shahdoh is offline   Reply With Quote