My engineering approach to a Hornet pit build project

Alex_rcpilot

Sweet. Waiting for the web site to go online! good luck.

Sure, and thanks. I'll announce it before long.

Alex,

Glad to see that progress you are making. The design and system is looking great! Meant to ask you a question a while back, curious to where did you get that throttle assembly? Is that an off-the-shelf (COTS) or your own design?

Keep up the good work. Sent you a PM.

Just replied, glad to be in touch again.

That's the Winwing throttle I've purchased to fill the spot. This project has been so tedious that I hadn't been able to finish my own throttle unit design. I'll post updates once it's finished.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've managed to build a site https://www.neoengress.com which is live now. It's not much, but enough for a start.

As an update on the seat, here are some render jobs and pics.

1494281748_SJU-17Rear(Render).thumb.jpg.e97a2656335d2a5170449970928a7acf.jpg

That lengthwise rail is bit of a hassle, to use it I had to feed the cables to the seat through a drag chain.

1829642724_SJU-17BoltedDown.thumb.jpg.bbf6356d7c91fa5d5be898cb402fade2.jpg

Aluminum sheets are joined with flush rivets:

1605796225_FlushRivets.thumb.jpg.a96f3a035725a3e996f0ed68025176b1.jpg

More info can be found on the site, you guys are more than welcome here. Thanks for your support along the way. https://www.neoengress.com/naces-ejection-seat

Congrats on the site! Looks really good. If I had the cash I'd buy your full set up for sure. May have to do it slowly over time but I can see some purchases in my future.

Asus Prime Z390-A Motherboard LGA1151 (Intel 8th and 9th Gen)

Intel Core i7-9700K Coffee Lake 8-Core 3.6 GHz (4.9 GHz Turbo) Desktop Processor Intel UHD Graphics 630, 32gb DDR Ram CORSAIR Vengeance RGB Pro 16GB DDR4 DRAM ,   Aorus GeForce RTX 3080 Xtreme 10G 2.0, Corsair H115i RGB Platinum AIO Liquid CPU Cooler, Intel 115X/2066, AMD AM4/TR4, Corsair CP-9020180-NA RMX Series RM850x 80 Plus Gold Fully Modular ATX Power Supply, 4 SSD 1TB

Congrats on the site! Looks really good. If I had the cash I'd buy your full set up for sure. May have to do it slowly over time but I can see some purchases in my future.

Thank you man. We're also trying to make more stuff accessible, hopefully we will meet somewhere in between in the future.

• 3 years later...
On 9/21/2019 at 2:01 AM, Blue73 said:

This is near perfection, your milling method is the perfect solution, you get the 3rd dimension you dont get from panel laser cutting. Very impressive work!

I know this is old, but you can easily get a similar result with a combination of laser cutting/engraving and 3d printed bases. Milling solid blocks of acrylic is extremely expensive for most people.