Complete Transport and Logistics Deployment - CTLD - Page 5 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 05-18-2015, 08:40 PM   #41
knapsak

Thumbs up

Thanks Ciribob

This is awesome, now I can use the C-130 almost the way it is meant to be used.

I am glad you added the JTAC into CTLD makes it so much easier.
knapsak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2015, 06:31 PM   #42
msalama
Veteran

WOW! This script is exactly what I need at this point. Muchas gracias amigo, very much appreciated
msalama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2015, 08:04 PM   #43
Ciribob
ED Testers Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by TracerFacer View Post
Hello.. thank you for the CTLD script. Awesome Job! It's making a huge difference already in how we make our maps and it really gives the Helo's a reason to use the sling loads!

After digging through the script to see how things worked.. I was inspired..

I've managed to create 2 functions based off of 2 functions that were present in the CTLD script, that when used in combination with a couple ME triggers & zones ... we can get the sling loads to know they are in a trigger zone.. and react accordingly.

For example.. we want to activate a group of artillery units after the 4 sling loads have been dropped off in a zone. Something that used to work, but has been broke for a long time..

There is probably a more graceful way of doing this. But my skills/time are limited. I submit to you all for review/comments/someone takes the ball and runs with it.

Things I've noted and would like to change.. but I'm dumb and can't figure it out
  • It does not care if cargo is damaged
  • It does not care if the cargo is on the ground or in the air still.. if it's in the zone.. bam.. it counts.
  • It does not care about coalition. Red cargo could flip a blue trigger.

Here is the mission I've been using this in. You can extract the lua file from it or use the code snippet below:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...20Dam-CTLD.miz

Here it is..
Code:
-- Load after CTLD
-- You will need several triggers to get this to work. 
-- A Trigger with - Multiple Actions - for every zone you want to monitor. Pass 3 values. Zone Name. Number of Crates to bring to zone. User Flag to set to 1)
--CONTINOUSE ACTION --> TIME MORE 30 --> DO SCRIPT --> ctld.CheckZone4Crates("MyZoneName-1", 4, 567)
---------------------------------------> DO SCRIPT --> ctld.CheckZone4Crates("MyZoneName-2", 6, 568)

-- Another Trigger for each flag that gets flipped.. 
--ONCE --> FLAG 567 = 1 --> ACTIVATE GROUP xx
--ONCE --> FLAG 568 = 1 --> ACTIVATE GROUP xx

function ctld.checkZone4Crates(_ZoneName,_cratesWanted,_userFlag)

--trigger.action.outText(_ZoneName .. " " .. _cratesWanted .. " " .. _userFlag, 1)

local _crateCount = 0 --How many crates have we found in the zone.
	local _ZonePos = mist.utils.zoneToVec3(_ZoneName)
	local _crates = ctld.getCratesAndDistance4Zone(_ZonePos)

for _, _crate in pairs(_crates) do

if _crate.dist < 1000 then

_crateCount = _crateCount + 1

end
    end
	-- If we found enough crates set the user flag from the ME to 1
	if _crateCount >= _cratesWanted then
		trigger.action.setUserFlag(_userFlag, 1)
	end

end

function ctld.getCratesAndDistance4Zone(_ZonePos)

local _crates = {}

function merge(t1, t2)
    for k, v in pairs(t2) do
        if (type(v) == "table") and (type(t1[k] or false) == "table") then
            merge(t1[k], t2[k])
        else
            t1[k] = v
        end
    end
    return t1
	end

local _allCrates = merge(ctld.spawnedCratesBLUE, ctld.spawnedCratesRED)

--local _allCrates = ctld.spawnedCratesBLUE

for _crateName, _details in pairs(_allCrates) do

--get crate
        local _crate = StaticObject.getByName(_crateName)

--in air seems buggy with crates so if in air is true, get the height above ground and the speed magnitude
        if _crate ~= nil and _crate:getLife() > 0
                and (_crate:inAir() == false or (land.getHeight(_crate:getPoint()) < 200 and mist.vec.mag(_crate:getVelocity()) < 1.0  )) then

local _dist = ctld.getDistance(_crate:getPoint(), _ZonePos)

local _crateDetails = { crateUnit = _crate, dist = _dist, details = _details }

table.insert(_crates, _crateDetails) 
        end
    end

return _crates
end
Nice Work!

You code gave me an idea, you can now set a cratesRequired parameter on a unit so that it requires more than one crate to build.

Latest version is on github with an updated readme showing how to use the option.

Thanks for the great feedback
Ciribob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2015, 07:30 PM   #44
july865

can we update a current mission with your recent code without braking the mission??
Old 05-20-2015, 07:33 PM   #45
Ciribob
ED Testers Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by july865 View Post
can we update a current mission with your recent code without braking the mission??
Yup should be completely fine.

Just make sure you copy any options you changed over to the new version.

Projects: DCS-SimpleRadio Standalone - DCS Radio Integration for All Aircraft - NO TeamSpeak Required!
DCS-SimpleRadio Troubleshooting Post / DCS-SimpleRadio Free Support Channel on Discord
Old 05-23-2015, 03:09 AM   #46
jeffdude

As usual, the latest patch broke things. Ever since the patch we are seeing crashes with the following errors:
01673.183 INFO NET: Lua: Client [13] "S77th-RandomMember" joined Red in "UH-1H"(2437)
01674.610 INFO NET: Lua: Client [13] "S77th-RandomMember" joined Red in "UH-1H"(243
01674.610 INFO SCRIPTING: CTLD null event
01676.115 INFO DCS: try to write dump information
01676.251 INFO EDCORE: Minidump created.
01676.251 INFO DCS: try to write track file

The crashes seem to happen when a player rapidly switches between units. This may or may not be the cause but CTLD null event seems to precede every crash on maps with the script. We are using the latest CTLD and Mist LUA files. Any guidance on this would be appreciated. Prior to the patch we had a great time with multiplayer missions that used sling-load mechanics to defend bases and even deploy JTAC units.
jeffdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2015, 09:23 AM   #47
Ciribob
ED Testers Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffdude View Post
As usual, the latest patch broke things. Ever since the patch we are seeing crashes with the following errors:
01673.183 INFO NET: Lua: Client [13] "S77th-RandomMember" joined Red in "UH-1H"(2437)
01674.610 INFO NET: Lua: Client [13] "S77th-RandomMember" joined Red in "UH-1H"(243

The crashes seem to happen when a player rapidly switches between units. This may or may not be the cause but CTLD null event seems to precede every crash on maps with the script. We are using the latest CTLD and Mist LUA files. Any guidance on this would be appreciated. Prior to the patch we had a great time with multiplayer missions that used sling-load mechanics to defend bases and even deploy JTAC units.
Thanks for the bug report jeffdude. Thats a real shame!

I'll put a version on the test branch in a bit without the event handler as its not actually required, its just more efficient. All its for is removing the transported units from the heli when it dies.

Do you have any other scripts running?

Projects: DCS-SimpleRadio Standalone - DCS Radio Integration for All Aircraft - NO TeamSpeak Required!
DCS-SimpleRadio Troubleshooting Post / DCS-SimpleRadio Free Support Channel on Discord
Old 05-23-2015, 10:26 AM   #48
Ciribob
ED Testers Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffdude View Post

I've made a branch on GitHub and removed the event handler and replaced it with a status check every 3 seconds checking for a dead transport unit.

Link: https://github.com/ciribob/DCS-CTLD/tree/eventBugFix

I've only done a quick test and had no crashes but let me know how you get on. It it fixes the issue for you I'll move the changes to the main branch.

Anyone else having the issue, feel free to download and test
Old 05-24-2015, 12:02 AM   #49
jeffdude

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ciribob View Post
I've made a branch on GitHub and removed the event handler and replaced it with a status check every 3 seconds checking for a dead transport unit.

I've only done a quick test and had no crashes but let me know how you get on. It it fixes the issue for you I'll move the changes to the main branch.

Wow! I can't believe how fast you investigated the issue. I'll start using it in the missions right away and get back to you.
Old 05-24-2015, 04:38 PM   #50
jeffdude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ciribob View Post

Early tests show promise with some S77th missions. I'll continue testing today and see if we can't get a server full testing it.

Tags
ctld, ctts, huey, mi-8, mi8, sling loading