Doesn't A-10C feel more flight capable in real life? - Page 3 - ED Forums
 


Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-02-2019, 07:20 PM   #21
msalama
Veteran
 
msalama's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 4,390
Default

D'oh! So you're Homer?
__________________
Huey probs & gripes? Do read the following please: https://forums.eagle.ru/attachment.p...1&d=1555258147
msalama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2019, 06:24 AM   #22
Habu23
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 140
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow KT View Post
Habu? Isn't that the mission creater? Operation Bactria?

No, I'm not the Habu that is the demo pilot LOL, but I do fly the Hawg and make Op. Bactria. And yes, the A-10 in the sim feels very sluggish and underpowered compared to IRL. I did respond in the engine performance thread. A few flights ago I noted down some engine performance parameters compared to airspeed to test in DCS. I have not been available to do the tests in DCS yet but I will let you all know what my findings are. I think possibly the biggest culprit is the drag index is FUBAR, especially when stores are equipped.


Regardless of the cause of the problem, from my expert opinion the DCS A-10C is confirmed sluggish.
__________________

Last edited by Habu23; 08-03-2019 at 06:42 AM.
Habu23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2019, 10:29 PM   #23
Faelwolf
Member
 
Faelwolf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Florida Panhandle
Posts: 129
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oceandar View Post
Need more manouverable A-10C in combat ? Load it up with 50% fuel (trust me most of the time its enough), 2 Mavs and 4 GBU. There you have your maneuver, you can even try to dogfight the Flanker
Compared to other jets, the A-10 is a Prius! It doesn't have the speed and acceleration of a sports car, but it goes a long time between fill ups, and a little fuel goes a long way.
Faelwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2019, 10:50 PM   #24
lobo**
Member
 
lobo**'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 739
Default

Are there any r/l Hawg pilots who feel the actual jet is overpowered?
__________________
Lobo's DCS A-10C Normal Checklist & Quick Reference Handbook current version 8D available here:
http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/172905/
lobo** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2019, 11:18 PM   #25
nighthawk2174
Member
 
nighthawk2174's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: USA
Posts: 583
Default

Ehh that's not really the case though for the range bit, the 14,15,16, and 18 all out range the A10. And the 15E has similar loitering time, more payload, and is much faster.
nighthawk2174 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2019, 01:25 AM   #26
Kev2go
Veteran
 
Kev2go's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Canada
Posts: 3,002
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nighthawk2174 View Post
Ehh that's not really the case though for the range bit, the 14,15,16, and 18 all out range the A10. And the 15E has similar loitering time, more payload, and is much faster.







Meme's aside, youl seriously run out of gas even with EFT and that A10 will still be loitering on internal fuel alone, when youve declared bingo
__________________





Build:


Spoiler:


Windows 10 64 bit,

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z370- E Motherboard, Intel Core i7 8700k ( Noctua NH14S cooler),Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 32gb ram (2666 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia Gtx 1080 8gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; WD 1TB HDD, Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD.


Last edited by Kev2go; 08-07-2019 at 01:39 AM.
Kev2go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2019, 02:18 AM   #27
KTFBGB
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Location: Arizona
Posts: 425
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lobo** View Post
Are there any r/l Hawg pilots who feel the actual jet is overpowered?
Yes he just posted a couple above yours.
KTFBGB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2019, 02:19 AM   #28
KTFBGB
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Location: Arizona
Posts: 425
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habu23 View Post
No, I'm not the Habu that is the demo pilot LOL, but I do fly the Hawg and make Op. Bactria. And yes, the A-10 in the sim feels very sluggish and underpowered compared to IRL. I did respond in the engine performance thread. A few flights ago I noted down some engine performance parameters compared to airspeed to test in DCS. I have not been available to do the tests in DCS yet but I will let you all know what my findings are. I think possibly the biggest culprit is the drag index is FUBAR, especially when stores are equipped.


Regardless of the cause of the problem, from my expert opinion the DCS A-10C is confirmed sluggish.
Thank you for your service. And thank you for taking the time for testing and posting on these threads.
KTFBGB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2019, 04:33 PM   #29
lobo**
Member
 
lobo**'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 739
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KTFBGB View Post
Yes he just posted a couple above yours.
Where does he say the actual r/l A-10 is overpowered?
__________________
Lobo's DCS A-10C Normal Checklist & Quick Reference Handbook current version 8D available here:
http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/172905/
lobo** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2019, 04:35 PM   #30
KTFBGB
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Location: Arizona
Posts: 425
Default

#22
KTFBGB is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

All times are GMT. The time now is 07:55 AM. vBulletin Skin by ForumMonkeys. Powered by vBulletin®.
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.