Need help getting F-117 to drop bombs

Boomer20

So in my mission I have an F-117a orbiting waiting for the comman to drop some GBUs on a command and control bunker. When I give the order for him to attack all he does is increase speed, decrease altitude and then RTB.

I've tried both attack map object and bombing but neither get it to work. I wish there was an option to attack group or unit for pinpoint strike roles.

Can anyone shed some light on what I can do to fix this issue.

I use stop condition to stop the orbit and the same flag to activate the strike. It works fine with every other aircraft, just not the F-117, I have noticed that bombing and attack map object can be fairly unreliable but with the F-117 you dont have any other option.

Trying to remember how I did this and can't find the mission it's in.

Think I created another waypoint after the orbit waypoint. Then, on the new waypoint added the bombing task in advanced waypoint actions.

That way after the orbit released they flew to the next waypoint, then executed the bombing task.

Win 10 64 Pro, MSI Z390 I7-9700K @5ghz Kraken Z63, 32Gb Corsair Dominator, MSI RTX-2070, 1TB NVME 2TB SSD's, TM Warthog, Pro Rudders, OpenTrack w/ IR Clip

I actually have no waypoints set, he just orbits, attacks and then weapons hold and RTBs, it worked for the other aircrafts in the mission, maybe I'll have to add waypoints then.

I found another thread where they discuss this so I'm trying what they said and will see if it works.

It appears though that bombing and attack map object aren't very reliable from the various threads on the issue.

it seems to work for me. I do not have a stop condition in I have the following.

Waypoints 0-4

waypoint 1 (waypoint action orbit)

stop condition flag 3 true

triggered action of bomb

set the bomb triangle on the item to bomb

in the triggers

flag three false add bomb menu (flag 3 true)

if flag 3 true (remove menu 'bomb drop', ai push task bombing)

that is it when I hit the f10 menu and select drop bomb he turns for target and drops.

you may want to remove the stop condition for the bombing just for trouble shooting.

MSI Creator X299 - INTEL i9 - 10900X 3.7 GHZ - 32 GB Corsair Dominator DDR4 - EVGA GTX 1080 FTW AC2

:doh: :doh: :doh:

So I dont know whos method worked however they probably helped both but it is now working.

As for the facepalms the reason it wasn't working.........it had no payload. Why you may ask? Early on when the issue occurred I tried changing the role do one that had attack group only to find that the F-117 didnt have another role and I forgot that it wipes the payload when it auto-changes to another plane.

None the less its working like a charm now, the F-117 flies in, the Sa-6s don't see him, he drops his bomb and boom, done.

Thanks for the help guys.