Only factory-new cockpit, no aged?

CoBlue

Switching between the 2 cockpit wear, in special options.

Only factory-new cockpit is showing in game when flying. No aged cockpit?

Tried switching like 10 times.

See pics.

factory-new.thumb.png.c691a2f3af2ee98aeb5ae69b1fa43df5.png

aged.thumb.png.21087aad9ea16f3dd9c821f4d3a73ac9.png

1.thumb.png.06c04cb0947c726fa76b68cbbcc78e65.png

i7 8700k@4.7, 1080ti, DDR4 32GB, 2x SSD , HD 2TB, W10, ASUS 27", TrackIr5, TMWH, X-56, GProR.

Switching between the 2 cockpit wear, in special options.

Only factory-new cockpit is showing in game when flying. No aged cockpit?

Tried switching like 10 times.

See pics.

That isn't the A10CII that you are in. That is the A10C I. You can tell, as the TISL panel is still above the circuit breaker panel, and the panel is not blank - where the ARC210 radio will be added later.

Try jumping into the A10CII and you should see the differences when you change the settings you've changed multiple times. I haven't tried the "pristine" cockpit, but the worn one is certainly worn and looks great!

Also, your landing light is still on :)

Cheers,

Ziptie

Edited by Ziptie

i7 6700 @4ghz, 32GB HyperX Fury ddr4-2133 ram, GTX980, Oculus Rift CV1, 2x1TB SSD drives (one solely for DCS OpenBeta standalone) Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs

Airframes: A10C, A10CII, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-16C, UH=1H, FC3. Modules: Combined Arms, Supercarrier. Terrains: Persian Gulf, Nevada NTTR, Syria

Kind of a bummer we didn't get an aged cockpit for the A-10C, but okay...

Did you not get the A10CII ?

Cheers,

Ziptie

i7 6700 @4ghz, 32GB HyperX Fury ddr4-2133 ram, GTX980, Oculus Rift CV1, 2x1TB SSD drives (one solely for DCS OpenBeta standalone) Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs

Airframes: A10C, A10CII, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-16C, UH=1H, FC3. Modules: Combined Arms, Supercarrier. Terrains: Persian Gulf, Nevada NTTR, Syria

This is the A-10C II subforum

^^ this ^^

Cheers,

Ziptie

Oh dear....

8WsTL2t.jpg.eb0fde054677aa6a2a2cd9c9327976a1.jpg

Ryzen 9 7950X3D - MSI MAG X670E TomaHawk MB, ASUS ROG Ryujin III 360 AIO

64gig Corsair DDR5@6000, Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 AORUS

Winwing Super Taurus, Orion2, TO / Combat panels, Collective with Topgun MIP

Winwing Skywalker pedals, NLR Boeing Mil Edition Simpit, Trackir

Kind of a bummer we didn't get an aged cockpit for the A-10C, but okay...

Kind of a bummer they upgraded the entire cockpit for free a couple months back.

Wait. That was actually extremely awesome.

The aged cockpit is a selling point for the new module, and honestly I can't blame them to ask money for it (and the other new features).

Plus, there's Minsky's aged cockpit mod for the old A-10C that's coming along very nicely. Looks like it's going to be a must-have mod for the old A-10C like Ricardo's was before the cockpit geometry overhaul.

This is the A-10C II subforum

Not any more it isn't.:music_whistling:

Kind of a bummer they upgraded the entire cockpit for free a couple months back.

Wait. That was actually extremely awesome.

Yes, that was incredibly awesome.

I don't think it's a stretch at all to deduce that the development of improvements for the A-10C directly translated to the new A-10C II product. Either both cockpits were developed simultaneously, or the A-10C cockpit provides the starting point for the A-10C II cockpit modifications (deletion and addition of panels).

We know flight model and HUD depiction changes are common (or duplicated) across both modules. We also know that an installation of the A-10C modules actually mandatory to use the A-10C II upgrade... not just a license. They share code.

How much of this new cockpit is identical for both aircraft? 75%? 90%?

The new cockpit model mandated completely new textures. The unweathered textures were still custom created for the new cockpit.

How much of the "Aged" cockpit texture is identical to both aircraft? 75%? 90%?

You can perhaps understand why I would infer that there is a chance that the aged textures would be applied to both aircraft? As I said, this isn't any kind of deal breaker. It was just a hope on my end.

The aged cockpit is a selling point for the new module, and honestly I can't blame them to ask money for it (and the other new features).
I can agree with this.

Plus, there's Minsky's aged cockpit mod for the old A-10C that's coming along very nicely. Looks like it's going to be a must-have mod for the old A-10C like Ricardo's was before the cockpit geometry overhaul.
And I look forward to it, and appreciate his work. It will be interesting to compare both weathering jobs.

Not any more it isn't.:music_whistling:

Now that is funny, glad it was moved as there was clearly some confusion with the OP. Then quickly got derailed by the A10C I discussion. Grenade thrown on OP’s issue.

Cheers,

Ziptie

Now that is funny, glad it was moved as there was clearly some confusion with the OP. Then quickly got derailed by the A10C I discussion. Grenade thrown on OP’s issue.

Cheers,

Ziptie

some of the forum topics start off smartly and devolve into a monty python skit.

AKA_SilverDevil AKA Forums My YouTube

“It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.” — Mark Twain