Unable to call the tanker with F16 but works with F18

blackangel411

Hi,

I created a very simple mission for training with refueling (1x F16 as player and KC135MPRS) with ME.

With F16, if i call the tanker, i don't have any response. Unable to refuel.

If a switch my aircraft and take a F18...repeat the same action, the tanker responds.

Tested with correct UHF 251.00. tested with easy communication/radio enabled too (in syria, basel al assad airport)

To recreate :

1) create a F16 on the airport ready to take off

2) Another KC135 (same country) (flying)

3) ask with F16 to call the tanker on 251.00 UHF. -> no response

4) switch to F18 on the ME

5) Retry to call the tanker from F18 -> works...

Maybe i did something wrong... (even if i used the easy radio option)

UPDATE : Tested with KC135 (not MPRS) and it works for him!

Edited by blackangel411

I know you have it solved. I wanted to also share that a recent patch closed (blocked) communications when calling a tanker that didn't match your airframe capability.

Twitch Channel

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Virtual Thunderbirds, LLC | Sponsored by Thrustmaster

Z390 Aorus Xtreme, i9 9900k, G.SKILL TridentZ Series 32GB, 1080ti 11GB, Obutto R3Volution, Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog, TPR, Cougar MFDs, FSSB R3L, JetSeat, Oculus Rift S, Buddy-Fox A-10C UFC, F/A-18C UFC, Tek Creations F-16 ICP

I know you have it solved. I wanted to also share that a recent patch closed (blocked) communications when calling a tanker that didn't match your airframe capability.

Yes that was a bit of a shame I think, taking fuel in the FA18 off the KC135 was a hoot! And the touching tips jokes never got old...Plus they can for real, albeit with a short drogue out of the boom, but it was at least doable before.

The Flying Kiwis - Since ages ago...

Find us at https://www.simcentral.co.nz

MPRS boom doesn't work. DCS limitation.

Reminds me how LJDAMs couldn't be done, because of some engine limitation. Guess enough people were complaining about that, but not the MPRS.

I'm so sick of this half arsed implementation, but that appears to be more and more standard in DCS.