What are the JHMCS AG Abilities in the F-18?

A2597

Wags did suggest that the F18 jchms was not as comprehensive as that being introduced for the A10C2. All the same, it’s a good question.

System: 9700, 64GB DDR4, 2070S, NVME2, Rift S, Jetseat, Thrustmaster F18 grip, VPC T50 stick base and throttle, CH Throttle, MFG crosswinds, custom button box, Logitech G502 and Marble mouse.

Server: i5 2500@3.9Ghz, 1080, 24GB DDR3, SSD.

There are some details about JHMCS function in the "ineffable pamphlet".

ROG Z690 Hero ● i9-12900K 5.5GHz ● Giggy RTX 3090 OC ● 32GB 4800MHz ● Firecuda M.2s ● Reverb G2 ● Win11Pro //// A10CII ● AH64D ● AJS37 ● AV8BNA ● C101 ● CEII ● F16C ● F5EII ● F86F ● FA18C ● FC3 ● I16 ● KA50 ● M2000C ● MI8 ● P47D ● SA342 ● SPIT ● UH1H ● Y52

I am happy to be able just designate targets in ground by looking at them, get the TPOD pointed at there and so on work from there.

Most often I can spot targets in ground but to get the location stored or TPOD on area is annoying as you need to turn around to get HUD there first and then to designate area.

Now when you can just press a button while looking at the enemy.... It becomes laughable easy.

And sharing targets with wingman is great, that they see where to fire their weapons after you are guiding them or something.

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

I am happy to be able just designate targets in ground by looking at them, get the TPOD pointed at there and so on work from there.

Most often I can spot targets in ground but to get the location stored or TPOD on area is annoying as you need to turn around to get HUD there first and then to designate area.

Now when you can just press a button while looking at the enemy.... It becomes laughable easy.

And sharing targets with wingman is great, that they see where to fire their weapons after you are guiding them or something.

:thumbup:

Yes, marking ground points I think is the core of an HMD in AG mode. I am so frustrated that the a10c got this before the hornet. Hornet development is starting to frustrate me lately.

Stay safe

Yes, marking ground points I think is the core of an HMD in AG mode. I am so frustrated that the a10c got this before the hornet. Hornet development is starting to frustrate me lately.

Yeah I was a little upset when I saw hog getting all this stuff, and not a single mention of any carry over tech to hornet. We haven't even got any WIP images for JHMCS yet. Lets just wait and see viper get it before hornet too.

476th Discord   |    476th Website    |    Swift Youtube
Ryzen 5800x, RTX 4070ti, 64GB, Quest 2

Yeah they only thing i hate above the a10c is how vulnerable and slow you are in a contested environment (no air superiority). Doing cas in a f18 or f16 gives you so much other options to run away or defend yourself. Definetely looking forward to marking targets through the jhmcs.

Enviado desde mi ELE-L29 mediante Tapatalk

It was expected that A-10C II received it first as that aircraft doesn't have much to go otherwise for hyping it's price.

In DCS the A-10C is not required or capable show its benefits because DCS lack infantry simulations. So naturally a Hornet or Viper can come and clean the deck as the missions that can be generated in DCS are better matched for those fast movers.

Now there is 3 months left to see APKWS and rest of AG modes for Hornet, then later for Falcon.

But now the Warthog gets to please pilots hunger.... Before Mi-24 comes out.

It was expected that A-10C II received it first as that aircraft doesn't have much to go otherwise for hyping it's price.

In DCS the A-10C is not required or capable show its benefits because DCS lack infantry simulations. So naturally a Hornet or Viper can come and clean the deck as the missions that can be generated in DCS are better matched for those fast movers.

Now there is 3 months left to see APKWS and rest of AG modes for Hornet, then later for Falcon.

But now the Warthog gets to please pilots hunger.... Before Mi-24 comes out.

Wait are we getting APKWS in the hornet? O_0 is that confirmed?

Enviado desde mi ELE-L29 mediante Tapatalk

The navy doesn’t have apkws as they dont have hydra rockets

Errrr, what? What do you call the 2.75 inch rocket that's have the same warhead designations and look exactly the same as hydra 70, not to mention being carried in the same launchers?

Its confirmed...that we arent

What is again unrealistic as it was used without modifications in combat before our hornet was retired as second fixed wing to use it.

It would be realistic to be included but by default limited to only missions at given year with filter, and without filter for all missions regardless mission year.

But what can be done when ultra realism fans doesn't want missions where modules fly together....

The navy doesn’t have apkws as they dont have hydra rockets

US Navy is the distributor for APKWS in the whole US military....

It was their project.

All the APKWS rockets that A-10C II carries comes from USN.

What is again unrealistic as it was used without modifications in combat before our hornet was retired as second fixed wing to use it.

It would be realistic to be included but by default limited to only missions at given year with filter, and without filter for all missions regardless mission year.

But what can be done when ultra realism fans doesn't want missions where modules fly together....

If what you say about modification is true then yeah. But for most other aircraft that carries it they first had a hardware or software modification to side in the aiming of it afaik.

If what you say about modification is true then yeah. But for most other aircraft that carries it they first had a hardware or software modification to side in the aiming of it afaik.

It use same aiming as unguided rockets.

There was zero modifications done for it by manufacturer statement. You don't launch it by aiming it anyways. Still trying to get military side to confirm manufacturer answer for that.

Edit: as a side question, what it really would matter to anyone if they would never see any difference anyways?

Edited by Fri13

Yeah I was a little upset when I saw hog getting all this stuff, and not a single mention of any carry over tech to hornet. We haven't even got any WIP images for JHMCS yet. Lets just wait and see viper get it before hornet too.

Yep me too.. ED it´s about time to catch up the timeline in the Hornets roadmap and especially communicate it.

Exactly. As you also said in the GBU-54 Wish List thread. This should be the thing for everything. As well and especially for the ... GBU-54!

Bound it to mission year and thats it. Us costumers, Dev´s, "meh meh wrong year people" (sorry).. everyone would be happy. :thumbup::pilotfly:

So the top image is the helmet reticle, which you can then ground stabilize and then turn into a designation. The bottom is what the designation looks like. The Hafu should only show up for friendlies and whatever you have your cursors on on the SA page. You also other than looking at things cant really interact with things or drop designations with the JHMCS. (Ala you cant make helmet symbology entities SPI or designation etc like you can in the A-10C 2) As far as friendlies on the ground. Yes the Helmet into the hornet/F-16 can show those, but that starts to get into what level or type of datalink they are represented on. IE Blufor tracker may or may not be integrated into Link 16 in the versions of the jet we have in DCS.

In the Strike eagle it was only when you were “close enough” to be in range of their on the ground radios. You wouldn’t be seeing that stuff from across the AOR unless it was getting pumped out by a bigger station. Which gets into way more net architecture than DCS looks like its ever going to model.

I’d bet its going to be completely simplified one way or the other based on the existence of the EPLRS setting on the friendly units or not. IE if they decide its “realistic” they’ll make any EPLRS units show up, if they decide its not, they will just have that stuff not show up.