About Failures

Rikus

In lomac, if an enemy hit your engines, if you land and go parking area, you turn off engines, and after 5 minutes, they are perfect again.

But if the failure is programed in the mission editor, you go to parking area but you can´t repair.

Fix this to DCS please

Greetings

How realistic sounds that to you? You've been straffed or even taken a missile hit and you're good to go with that a/c in 3mins...?

"See, to me that's a stupid instrument. It tells what your angle of attack is. If you don't know you shouldn't be flying." - Chuck Yeager, from the back seat of F-15D at age 89.

=RvE=

As this is a flight / combat sim, that should be the case of park up and spend a penalty time for repairs to be completed. No more than 4 minutes.

This isn't a mechanics or technicians sim. Where is the playability if you are hit and are forced to return to base on one engine after dumping all loads to not be able to fly again as you have to wait 2 weeks for your helo to be repaired.

DCS is not implementing a dynamic campaign where numbers of available craft + logistics are paramount to each mission. Therefore correct repair and re-arm time are not a concern.

For the instances of full realism in a single mission, there should be an option to toggle respawn or repair. That way if you are damaged, bad luck, you are out. But to be honest, that will already limit a campaigne editor that is short on options upon initial release.

Wouldn't it be easier having the option to re-fly a mission from scratch? If at any point in the mission you can see that you've made a fatal mistake, you could just reset the mission and start over. The penalty in this case would be the time you've spent flying the botched version of the mission.

The above would not be possible in multiplayer missions, of course. A solution here could be the option of taking over an AI-controlled aircraft, if any of the human-flyable types are available. If not, you'd be out of luck, but in most cases a downed player wouldn't have to wait for all the other players to finish the mission before being able to get in on the action again.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

- Study flight sim geek since Falcon 3.0 -

This is not a new discussion, we've been through this in the LO forum already.

I understand your point bogusheadbox, but I think the truth is somewhere in the middle :)

"See, to me that's a stupid instrument. It tells what your angle of attack is. If you don't know you shouldn't be flying." - Chuck Yeager, from the back seat of F-15D at age 89.

=RvE=