F-14B : OPERATION CAGE THE BEAR

kaba

11 hours ago, Damian-J said:

I'm finding every time that one of the SEAD Hornets ends up in the drink after launch

That was supposed to be fixed in the latest beta.

🖥️ Win10 i7-10700KF 32GB RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M HOTAS   ✈️ FC3, F-14A/B, F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR, PG, Syria

6 hours ago, Damian-J said:

I know lol

but nevertheless, into the drink she goes.

Yeah I can reproduce - ED are still tinkering with the AI flight models so they can be a bit off.  A kind soul reported this here, and is hopefully corrected in a future update.

I don't think this should prevent you carrying on with the mission, but let me know if it turns into a bigger problem!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 months later...

I am a bit late to discovering this campaign.  Loving every minute of it!  I've never had problems staying on the tanker before.  But I realized that after an hour of pretty busy flying I need to breathe and find some zen or I easily make a mess of both tanking and trapping.  The missions are that intense.

• Like 1

• 5 months later...
On 11/20/2019 at 2:14 PM, kaba said:

Air threats are random. Sa6 is timer triggered. AAA and MANPADS switch on in stages if you spend too long loitering.

Air threats are a new inclusion. Reason for this change is the feedback from first version that this mission was too easy and a bit stale.

I'm not going to change loadout to phoenixes. If the air threat is consistently too heavy to the extent that this is not coming across as a fun mission then I am happy to tweak - but i need your tacviews or more specific feedback (preferably both).

Ok now that makes sense, I retried the mission at least 6 times and every time I felt it got harder.

Because my strategy was to take out the remaining air defences first, then drop the bombs. But somehow me and my wingmen kept blowing up.

Edited by winghunter

DCS Web Editor - New 3D Mission Editor for DCS that runs in your browser

DCS Web Viewer free browser based mission planner / viewer

dcs web editor new(2).png
4090 RTX, 13700KF, water cooled

11 hours ago, winghunter said:

Because my strategy was to take out the remaining air defences first, then drop the bombs. But somehow me and my wingmen kept blowing up.

It's not your task to fight the AD. It's the quick bomb run and egress.

🖥️ Win10 i7-10700KF 32GB RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M HOTAS   ✈️ FC3, F-14A/B, F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR, PG, Syria

20 minutes ago, draconus said:

It's not your task to fight the AD. It's the quick bomb run and egress.

I got hit by the shilka on my first run. I know its not my target but i wanted to clear them out to avoid this

DCS Web Editor - New 3D Mission Editor for DCS that runs in your browser

DCS Web Viewer free browser based mission planner / viewer

dcs web editor new(2).png
4090 RTX, 13700KF, water cooled

• 2 months later...

Sorry, I recover this old thread (please excuse me for my poor English too). I have one problem with this campaign and I need some help.

After finishing mission nº9 "interceptor", specifically when I return to the carrier, DCS always suffers the same crash; the picture freezes (although not the sound) and I see on SteamVR the message "waiting for DCS"... I'm just flying back, preparing for landing, etc... There are also several friendly aircraft flying nearby.

It has happened to me several times more or less in the same place (close to the carrier). Could it be a mission issue?

Thanks

PS: I have repaired the DCS but I still have the same "bug".

• Like 1

Asus Rog Strix Z390F, i9-9900K, 64GB Crucial DDR4/3300, RTX3080, NVMe M.2 980 Pro 1T x2, SSD Evo 860 1T x2, Seagate Barracuda 1T, Seagate Barracuda 6T, HP X32C, HP Reverb G1

Thanks!!! 

I've been working away from home all week and haven't been able to see your message. 

En 5/7/2022 a las 8:01, draconus dijo:

There might be some issues currently.

Asus Rog Strix Z390F, i9-9900K, 64GB Crucial DDR4/3300, RTX3080, NVMe M.2 980 Pro 1T x2, SSD Evo 860 1T x2, Seagate Barracuda 1T, Seagate Barracuda 6T, HP X32C, HP Reverb G1

• 2 weeks later...

I too am having the same freezing issue with this campaign.  Around 60 miles out from carrier, heading home.  Has happened on multiple missions, but sometimes they play straight through with no problems.  Here is a log from the latest crash.  Hope it helps:

dcs.log

Also posted in this thread:   

Edited by JupiterJoe

6 minutes ago, JupiterJoe said:

Here is a log from the latest crash.

"Pagefile: 4864 MB" Seriously?

Make it 32GB fixed.

Edited by draconus
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, JupiterJoe said:

Why have I got to mess about with my operating system' settings?  I am happy to do so, but will doing so mess up anything else?   Why doesn't DCS change the pagefile settings to run optimally, if that's what's needed?  Is this a problem exclusive to Open Beta?   Is everyone altering their pagefile as a matter of routine then? 

It started somewhere around here:

It was 16GB at the time but then changed to 32GB with DCS growing and new better hardware. It helped numerous people to get stable DCS play again so it's a common and one of the first advise for anyone experiencing crashes.

DCS cannot change it in your system and the change does not affect other application or your system in any wrong way. It is not exclusive to beta version.

Anyone using high DCS settings and demanding modules and missions should do that apparently. It's probably a workaround for some suboptimal memory management but what do I know.

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, JupiterJoe said:

Thank you Draconus.  Is what I'm doing here correct?

Sorry, I just noticed... You can change the page file settings which is already on your C drive. No need to make it on the other drive and it does not have to be the one with DCS on it. Also make sure it is the fastest drive in your system like NVMe M2 SSD if you have one.

• Thanks 1

• 3 months later...

I having the same problem on Mission 7 "Interception". I cannot get closer than 60nm to the carriers after being cleared RTB. My virtual memory already set to 32768 MB for initial and Max size.

PC Hardware: i9-12900k, RTX 3080 10GB, 32GB DDR5 4400MHz, NVME.2 Drives, Alienware 38" 3840x1600 144MHz Monitor, TrackIR Pro Clip, HP Reverb G2 V2 

Flight Controls: Winwing Orion 1 FA-18 Stick and Throttle HOTAS / Logitech Rudder Pedals

DCS Modules: Too many to list after the 15 year sale

I just spotted another thread discussing games freezing with the F-14.

PC Hardware: i9-12900k, RTX 3080 10GB, 32GB DDR5 4400MHz, NVME.2 Drives, Alienware 38" 3840x1600 144MHz Monitor, TrackIR Pro Clip, HP Reverb G2 V2 

Flight Controls: Winwing Orion 1 FA-18 Stick and Throttle HOTAS / Logitech Rudder Pedals

DCS Modules: Too many to list after the 15 year sale

• 1 year later...

I have a problem with this campaign. My wingman is not communicating on channel 1. He does not reply, call out targets, or listen to commands. I have done the first 2 missions like this, but I am barely making it- running out of missiles. My wingman does nothing, just follows me passively and does not shoot. I can contact everything else fine, AWACS, carrier, so it's not my comms issue. It's just the flight channel that doesn't work. Any ideas?

9 minutes ago, PawlaczGMD said:

It's just the flight channel that doesn't work. Any ideas?

It's usually CH1 on the RIO's radio (AN/ARC-182, V/UHF #2). Make sure you use proper comm/mic/PTT binding.

To make sure check in the mission editor.

Edited by draconus
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, draconus said:

It's usually CH1 on the RIO's radio (AN/ARC-182, V/UHF #2). Make sure you use proper comm/mic/PTT binding.

Thanks, I was using my own radio for this. I usually have Ch. 1 on the front radio, and something else on RIO's (AWACS).

I will check if the frequencies are different tomorrow. I am aware of the different bindings for the two radios. 

On 1/29/2024 at 2:45 AM, draconus said:

Yeah, that was it. Looks like only the RIO channel 1 is tuned to Flight.

1 hour ago, PawlaczGMD said:

Yeah, that was it. Looks like only the RIO channel 1 is tuned to Flight.

Yep, that's common for the wingman to use default 127MHz AM and only the RIO's radio can cover that freq. range.

15 hours ago, draconus said:

Yep, that's common for the wingman to use default 127MHz AM and only the RIO's radio can cover that freq. range.

OK, I didn't know that. Most other campaigns I've played had duplicate channels across the radios, or had separate sheets for the 2 radios. I know that the RIO radio has a wider freq range. It would help if the kneeboard/briefing specified the radio, because channels 2-4 work just fine on the pilot radio.