Edit:

...DCS/Scripts/UI/RadioCommandDialogPanel/CommandMenu.lua

line 44

Try setting menuWidth = 0 (zero)

I think that should make the menu not visible

EDIT: it works

Edited by Kuky

No longer active in DCS...

Excellent Kuky - thanks a lot for this tip! Will try it ASAP.

Then after that I'll start puzzling on a way to make the menus visible only when using OPTIONS and LIST commands :geek: but that's for later worry!

If you want the comms menu to be invisible try this:

Edit:

...DCS/Scripts/UI/RadioCommandDialogPanel/CommandMenu.lua

line 44

Try setting menuWidth = 0 (zero)

I think that should make the menu not visible

EDIT: it works

There is no spoon.

Avatar_old_80x80.gif.0c105925ce4b9f5b87697ea37cbde317.gif

VAICOM PRO plugin for DCS World

www.vaicompro.com

Does this work with a demo of Voice Attack?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

In reply to below I updated the package to 1.1 to include a simple Autohotkey script for DirectX button mapping to NUM0-NUM3 keys. Please refer to first post of this thread for download.

Sooo.. this thread has really made me want to do a form of Voice Command. In reading the VAICOM pdf does Hollywood say you have to use the numeric keyboard? I've got most stuff mapped to my TM Warthog and can bring up the radio/comms menus with the mic button and push to talk for teamspeak. Will I need to use the keyboard for voice commands? It would feel like a step back for me. Maybe I'm misunderstanding something here. I wouldn't mind using a modifier for the voice command PTT, but I'd still like it on the throttle or stick. <edit>

Hey Thud,

You don't have to use the keyboard: I have a Warthog HOTAS myself and it works flawlessly with that.

You only need to map the joystick button presses to NUM0-NUM3.

Attached extremely simple Autohotkey script does the trick. It maps joystick buttons to NUM0-NUM3.

This will work with any type of DirectX device joystick gamepad whatever.

Just edit the script in Notepad to match your setup.

I don't use TARGET software myself, but for your Warthog you could also do the button mapping there.

But I find Autohotkey much easier myself.

By the way of course you can also use other buttons than NUM0-NUM3: see PDF.

Have fun!

Edited by Hollywood_315

There is no spoon.

www.vaicompro.com

I bought it! It works very nice and quite simple to build a profile because now you write what you need to say and that's the whole command... no need to add title and sample.

I'm happy with this program! :beer:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

• 1 month later...

Thanks i look forward to checking this out

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i5 8600K OC @ 5.0GHz w/ Corsair H100i Liquid Cooler| MSI GTX 1080 OC Edition | 32GB DDR4 3600 | EVO 960 NVMe SSD | WD Black NVMe SSD

Win10 X64 | TrackIR 5 | HTC Vive | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS and Cougar MFDs | Saitek Combat Pedals

• 1 month later...

I modified VIACOM in this way, that it actually uses the correct radio keys for the A10C (-> no need for easy communication). In addition, I added a 'new' layer to switch between the A10C mode and a mode using in combination with the Mig... Really cool!

@f4l0 and Hollywood_315

Both of these updates sounds great, im still starting with VA and haven't fully gotten used to it. Since dont really have all the commands memorized, not seeing the menus has made it a bit tricky, i had to keep the profile open and look up the commands and how to chain them together. im sure i will get more used to it soon.

Also regarding the hotkeys. just a suggestion, i know a few people including myself have remapped the num pad numbers for CDU entry. instead of the original num 0, num1 and so on, i changed to the "up, down, right left" arrows. Since with any joystick, you will never use these, where the num pad could be used my many... just a suggestion, as the right, left, down easily match to the mic switch, and you can use up for the \ command or easy comms or whatever... jut my 2 cents on how i modified the hotkey file

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i5 8600K OC @ 5.0GHz w/ Corsair H100i Liquid Cooler| MSI GTX 1080 OC Edition | 32GB DDR4 3600 | EVO 960 NVMe SSD | WD Black NVMe SSD

Win10 X64 | TrackIR 5 | HTC Vive | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS and Cougar MFDs | Saitek Combat Pedals

• 2 months later...

Hey Nescafe

ATC calls should work fine but you may need to check on a few things

*) use VHF1 radio for ATC calls

*) if needed use the LIST and SELECT commands to tune the radio to the correct airfield

*) use the correct call syntax (check VA log to see how your command was interpreted)

See the User Guide PDF.

There is no spoon.

www.vaicompro.com

Hi Nescafe I sent you PM pls have a look

UPDATE:

In the F-15C profile, the ATC 'Request Startup' command seems to have gone missing somehow.

I will fix this is in next release update. As a workaround for now users can easily duplicate the

ATC Request Taxi command and change F1 into F3.

Thanks Nescafe for the feedback.

Edited by Hollywood_315

There is no spoon.

www.vaicompro.com