Auto gunsight range selection

Rujasu

I don't think the manual says anything at all about it, and Chuck's guide says the automatic setting for the gunsight is preset to 2000ft slant range, but it's clearly adjustable with the range selector buttons.

I know from experimenting that the second shortest setting is 3000ft, but it'd be great to get the full table without needing to figure it out ourselves. Or indeed if it's meant to be adjustable in the first place, since the only indication of the range changing is that the gunsight doesn't follow the nose of the aircraft as quickly anymore.

I hope it's intended, since the 3000ft setting is pretty much my default for guns and rockets.

Did you take a look at the manual? Weapon systems are explained there, including the sight. In A/G auto mode the sight line is pre-set to 2000ft as detailed in the corresponding table. You have a couple of depression angle tables for rockets, and you have some more available in the kneeboard, which you can access once in the cockpit, or by opening the kneeboard folder from your browser.

Roberto "Vibora" Seoane

Alas Rojas

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

sigpic97175_2_small.pngAERGES-LOGO-sin_fondo_small.png

In A/G auto mode the sight line is pre-set to 2000ft as detailed in the corresponding table.

The range selector still works in A/G mode, is what I'm saying. Maybe I'm just blind, but the manual doesn't seem to mention this fact anywhere.

I guess you mean that even though the reticle pattern is fixed showing the "widest" one in A/G mode when using rockets, and the "narrowest" when using guns, the sight line changes in auto mode when changing range. We still have to make some improvements in sight.

Roberto "Vibora" Seoane

Alas Rojas

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

sigpic97175_2_small.pngAERGES-LOGO-sin_fondo_small.png