Jester986

Fictional liveries?  

29 members have voted

1. 1. Fictional liveries?

• Between countries...
    • Between variants...
    • Between similar aircraft...

• 1 year later...

The only fictional liveries that I dont like, are those from movies or tv series. All others are ok for me :)

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

Depends on the definition. If its totally custom design, then I mind. If it is a Danish F-16A Block 10 livery on a F-16CM Block 50, or a some classic Navy designs from 60's and 70's slapped on a Hornet, also fine with me, or 'soon' to come US Navy and Marines F-4S on our F-4E, also very very welcome :)

- Jack of many DCS modules, master of none.

- Personal wishlist: F-15A, F-4S Phantom II, JAS 39A Gripen, SAAB 35 Draken, F-104 Starfighter, Panavia Tornado IDS.

| Windows 11 | i5-12400 | 64Gb DDR4 | RTX 3080 | 2x M.2 | 27" 1440p | Rift CV1 | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS | MFG Crosswind pedals |

If it's a might-have-been, like a Fleet Air Arm F-14 ( there was nearly a carrier big enough to operate them ) or something from a film that's vaguely representative like the Mig-28 for the F-5 then I'm good. I guess basically as long as it's not outside the bounds of probability so it doesn't ruin my suspension of disbelief much. We also have more imagination than available airframes, so some things have to stand in as substitutes...

Most Wanted: the angry Naval Lynx | Seafire | Buccaneer | Hawker Hunter | Hawker Tempest/Sea Fury | Su-17/22 | rough strip rearming / construction

As long as not every single livery an aircraft has worn throughout its life is represented, there is no reason to go and waste effort on a stupid made up livery. In addition for them wasting space on my harddrive.

I am okay with the MiG-28 though, as that has existed and flown.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Every livery was made up by definition. Anyway, we already have quite a few fictional liveries, and also there's plenty of ''real'' liveries hat are.... imaginative to say the least.

Де вороги, знайдуться козаки їх перемогти.

5800x3d * 3090 * 64gb * Reverb G2

Well the original point of my poll was two fold. User made liveries are great but if your trying to play multiplayer its nice to have them in the game so you don't have to convince a dozen people to go download it. Also I generally like every aircraft to have a Bluefor and Redfor livery. Given the under representation of clicky cockpit Redfor it's nice to be able to throw a traditionally Blue aircraft over to the other side.