DCS Visrtual Cockpit for Android (iControl DCS)

boarder2

Review DCS Virtual Cockpit for Android with editable views.

I have had the pleasure to test the new version of DCS Virtual Cockpit for Android with editable views.

I must say that I am impressed.

Right_MFCD_Slew_Hat_Warning_LASTE_in_game_2.jpg

DCS Virtual Cockpit consist of 2 parts. A server that resides on your PC and an app on your Android device.

Home of DCS Virtual Cockpit for Android

https://bit-shift.com/icontroldcs/index.html#home

The creator’s (boarder2) thread on ED Forums.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=116419

It is possible to pay for all panels/upgrades, groups of panels or single panels.

Go to Edit View/Chose view or Add new/+/Get more… to see the possibilities.

It is possible to use it with multiple Android devices. When you have paid for an item, you have access to it on all Android devices, connected to the same Google Play account.

Add_Panels_screen.jpg

You can set up and save multiple views on your tablet/s

I have had the app running on 3x 9” tablets with different panels, at the same time with no problems.

All panels can be placed, resized and deleted as needed. Panels keep the same proportions.

Edit_Left_MFCD_Right_MFCD_export_only.jpg

The snapping increment of size and placement can be changed in the settings.

The selected panel is a different color and can be resized by dragging one of the corners.

The coordinates and size is also shown for the selected panel.

Left_MFCD_Collie_Hat_in_game.jpg

MFCD_s_export_only_in_game.jpg

Right_MFCD_Slew_Hat_Warning_LASTE_in_game_4.jpg

It is possible to change the stack order of overlapping panels. The buttons on the panel on top, have priority when the view is active in the game.

Panels can be used in either portrait or landscape mode. Modes cannot be mixed in one view, but you can have multiple views in different modes on the same tablet.

I have used 2 tablets in landscape with the third in portrait.

CDU_LASTE_UFC.jpg

You get the following panels when paying for all content:

Collie Hat

Slew Hat

CDU with buttons

CDU export only

LASTE

Left MFCD with buttons

Left MFCD export only (Very useful for us with the TM Cougar MFD’s or other buttony thingies.)

Right MFCD with buttons

Right MFCD export only (Very useful for us with the TM Cougar MFD’s or other buttony thingies.)

UFC

Plus any future content. (I know that there is ongoing work on the STEER panel, with getting the dials to work.)

With the free version you get a Demo View with working LASTE panel, Left MFCD with buttons and CDU with buttons.

This is to set up the app and server and confirm that they work.

It is possible to open the Demo View in the apart from saving, fully working editor.

Demo_View_Server_active.jpg

Demo_View_Portrait.jpg

This new version of DCS Virtual Cockpit for Android, is in my opinion a highly useful piece of software that opens up lots of possibilities.

I highly recommend it.

I am working on a guide for setting up and using server and app. Stay tuned.

DanTDBV

Happy simming

AMD FX-4300 Quad-Core

ASUS M5A97 EVO R2.0

32GB DDR3 1600 Dual Channel

GeForce GTX 970 4GB

23,6”+32”+23,6 16/9 screens

CH Flightstick Pro, Modded TM T:16000m, Saitek Pro Flight Throttle Quadrant, G27, TH Cougar MFD's

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have also posted the review on the following sites:

http://simhq.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/4366816#Post4366816

I started new work on 14 June so I have been low on energy lately.

Enjoy your very well deserved break boarder2

Happy Simming

AMD FX-4300 Quad-Core

ASUS M5A97 EVO R2.0

32GB DDR3 1600 Dual Channel

GeForce GTX 970 4GB

23,6”+32”+23,6 16/9 screens

CH Flightstick Pro, Modded TM T:16000m, Saitek Pro Flight Throttle Quadrant, G27, TH Cougar MFD's

This is looking promising! I have a second screen for my tm mfd's, would like to get rid of that and use 2 cheap android tabs instead, would save me room. Maybe another one for the cdu..

Is there any input lag on this application?

Edited by mastersetter
Adding question..

i5-7600K @ 4.8 | 32GB | 1080 | Rift S | TM MFD & WH HOTAS-10mm ext + TFRP

Is there any input lag on this application?

There is a very small amount of input lag since you have to send the data via wifi from your tablet to the pc and then back but if you've got good wifi it's very usable.

This is a review that simhq did for the iPad version, but anything they mention about refresh rates or input lag should be the same for the android version.

This shows it both running on the monitor and tablet so you can see a direct comparison.

iControl DCS/DCS Virtual Cockpit - Full featured iPad Cockpit - Now with Android support!

A10 Virtual Cockpit Free - Free limited functionality version of iControl DCS!

DCS Virtual Cockpit - Android version!

Follow on Twitter for all the latest news

Happy 4th of July!

Pushed up a new version today with the following changes:

• New Control - Arming switches and Flaps (Single, All package)

• New Control - STEER Panel (Single, All package)

• Added on/off switch to MFCDs

• Bug fixes

Enjoy!

iControl DCS/DCS Virtual Cockpit - Full featured iPad Cockpit - Now with Android support!

Happy 4th of July!

Pushed up a new version today with the following changes:

• New Control - Arming switches and Flaps (Single, All package)

• New Control - STEER Panel (Single, All package)

• Added on/off switch to MFCDs

• Bug fixes

Enjoy!

Just confirming, this is only for DCS1.5, it does not support DCS2.0 is that correct?

Just confirming, this is only for DCS1.5, it does not support DCS2.0 is that correct?

Should work for 2.0 you just need to change the install directory and save game directory in the server and let it update scripts!

• 1 month later...

New update rolled out to the store today includes radios!

Here's the full change list:

• NEW - ILS Panel (Single, Radio package, All package)

• NEW - TACAN Panel (Single, Radio package, All package)

• NEW - UHF Panel (Single, Radio package, All package)

• NEW - VHF Panels (Single, Radio package, All package)

• Improved frame rate with multiple live displays

• Improved battery life when live displays aren't shown

• Bug fixes

This release brings the android app up to feature pairity with the iOS app and actually surprasses it with editable views. Enjoy!

Edited by boarder2

Thank you so much for these continual updates! This app is now as critical to my DCS sessions as is my TM Warthog. Looking forward to a functional STEER panel hopefully eventually being added and thereby letting me finally achieve my years-long goal of having a fully functional CDU/STEER panel in my pit.

Thank you so much for these continual updates! This app is now as critical to my DCS sessions as is my TM Warthog. Looking forward to a functional STEER panel hopefully eventually being added and thereby letting me finally achieve my years-long goal of having a fully functional CDU/STEER panel in my pit.

STEER panel is already there! :thumbup:

I'm just interested in one or two MFD on my 10,5' tablet.

I understood that I have to repeat it on the main-Screen. Can I somehow minimize this window on the main Screen without loss of Detail, or does it have to be the same size as on the tablet?

Another question: the tablet has 1280 / x Resolution and the Monitor a higher one (1920 / x)?

And: Is it planned to Transfer it to KA-50 too?

Edited by oho

I'm just interested in one or two MFD on my 10,5' tablet.

I understood that I have to repeat it on the main-Screen. Can I somehow minimize this window on the main Screen without loss of Detail, or does it have to be the same size as on the tablet?

Another question: the tablet has 1280 / x Resolution and the Monitor a higher one (1920 / x)?

And: Is it planned to Transfer it to KA-50 too?

If you make the exported displays smaller on the main screen they'll be lower resolution when they're sent to the tablet which might make them a little less clear. You'll just have to play with what looks good on the tablet but doesn't get in the way on the monitor.

Tablet/PC resolution don't need to be the same. No problem there.

A-10 is currently the only supported aircraft. For now. :smilewink:

How do i create different windows for different panels on the pc monitor. Is there a tutorial how to implement this?

This software is only for using an Android tablet to interact with the simulator.

There's a video explaining how to set up the server software here

The demo doesn't allow you to save any changes to the view. You can purchase controls by adding a new view, selecting edit on that view, tapping the + button in the upper left corner and clicking the dropdown.

Does that answer your questions?

My Windows10 says virus found when I download your DCS Virtual Cockpit server. Could you check please.

Everything looks good on the site and download. No viruses. You can verify the SHA256 hash with what's on the site if you'd like, it's correct. :thumbup:

• 3 years later...

Hello dear DCS Friends,

now i`ve been using VCS for an half Year with  the A10 C and an Android Tablet, all works well. I use it whith a three Monitor Setup and placed the MFCD  down on the left and the right corner  in Monitor 1 and Monitor 3 and it´is also shown on the Tablet. 

Now i also fly with the Hornet and the Viper, both DDI (MFCD) where also shown in the corner of both named Monitors (With out Tabletfunction). I like the transparent DDI (MFCD) shown in the corner of both Monitors! Is it also possible to show A10-C MFCD transparent like the F/A-18 or the F-16 (without the black Background of the A10 C MFCD)? Does anybody know how to do this? Screen_210109_232705.jpg

Thanks, for your help!

Edited by Abeone