Ejection

Would it be at all possible for the Devs to create the ejection similar to real life for most seats? I.e. The seat stays attached till below 10,000ft before it separates from the pilot so if you eject at 30,000ft you stay with the seat and the cute doesn't deploy till below 10k? Just a thought to add to the realism, any viability?

It would also be somewhat realistic to add a g-loc effect during the ejection. I believe it is possible to stay conscious during the ejection depending on personal traits and the g-load (dependent of aircraft/ejection seat). From what I've understood, the mig-21-seat in particular had quite the g-load on the pilot due to the explosive ejection method...

• Like 1

DCS Finland | SF squadron

• 9 months later...

Another point to consider in the realism is survival at very high speeds.

You can quickly find information on the internet about that pilot who ejected while being supersonic: he was almost killed by the impact with the air.

I tried ejecting while being supersonic in DCS and it just looked like a usual ejection.

Planes: FC3, Spitfire, Harrier, F-14, F-18, MiG-21, Edge 540 - Helicopters: UH-1H, Mi-8 - Environments: Persian Gulf, Supercarrier

PC specs in the spoiler

I run DCS 2.7 using:

MasterWatt 550 semi-fanless and semi-modular, core i7-3770 (4 cores @ 3.8 GHz) with 8 GB DDR3, GTX1050 Ti (768 cores @ 1.8 GHz) with 4 GB GDDR5, 5.1 sound card, 240 GB SSD, Windows 8.1T.16000M FCS Flight Pack (i. e. stick+throttle+rudder pedals), opentrack head trakcer