coordinates and more

Riverseeker

Hello, i am trying to understand if there is a way/mod to transform coordinates gotten from the map to the right format for ins waypoint insertion.

I would like to know why the kneeboard ins alignment coords differs so much from the one i read on the map on my plane in the hangar... (after the seconds*100/60 conversion ofc, i he campaign at least...) .

What am i missing?

I am curios to know also if all pilots here are adding during ram a fake bullseye waypoint just for the sake of completion on the radar cursor.....

thanks.

(i restarted play dcs after 2 years of stop and this thing that there are different lat/long coords format in the same game is really pissing me off :lol: )

Edited by Riverseeker
wrong title :D

200m butterflier inside :harhar:

MERLO forever

Hello, i am trying to understand if there is a way/mod to transform coordinates gotten from the map to the right format for ins waypoint insertion.

I would like to know why the kneeboard ins alignment coords differs so much from the one i read on the map on my plane in the hangar... (after the seconds*100/60 conversion ofc, i he campaign at least...) .

What am i missing?

I am curios to know also if all pilots here are adding during ram a fake bullseye waypoint just for the sake of completion on the radar cursor.....

thanks.

(i restarted play dcs after 2 years of stop and this thing that there are different lat/long coords format in the same game is really pissing me off :lol: )

If you tap Alt+Y on the F10 map you can switch coordinate format, just move the cursor a bit for it tu update.

Or you can set it in the option menu.

I don't understand your second question.

Helljumper - M2000C Guru

Helljumper's Youtube

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCK3rTjezLUxPbWHvJJ3W2fA

I think he asks whether pilots need to dd bullseye into the INS or is it automatically.

Note that you can choose a waypoint as a bullseye reference with the "N" (English cockpit" switch on the left of the radar dispaly. You will notice numbers going up/down on the left side of the display.

Kk my bad guys, sorry.

I am trying to reformulate the second question :D

Since i restarted recently to play dcs i am of course struggling on some stuff like the bullseye.

In reality it is quite simple but if you are not used to it it become an handicap.

To help my poor brain i have a picture of the degrees/heading on my desk but i love to have TDC cursor coordinates/distance referred to bullseye.

So the only way i found is to add a "fake" waypoint and activating it in the the radar (VTB? or whather it is called ç_ç). this means that every mission i have to set this in the ins.

So skitter got the point :D.

BTW thanks for the answers :)

200m butterflier inside :harhar:

MERLO forever