Through The Inferno (Dynamic DCS) - Public US Server

deadlyfishes

So far so good on the 1.5 server. There's a bit much friendly-fire for my liking, especially from fixed wing against helis. Not sure what can be done about that.

I don't know if it's possible but having heli slots at multiple airports would be great because there are some instances where the ground spawns are quite a distance away at least for the 200km/hr helis. So what has happened more than once is fast movers get there well before I can and despite attempts to communicate they'll clear the area out before I've gotten even halfway there.

Finally, unless my eyes deceive me I *think* that the f10 map on the nevada server shows blue-shaded areas where known enemy spawns are, similar to what the ABRIS on the ka50 shows. Is that possible on the 1.5.6 version? Would add a great deal to SA without giving away the farm as showing the actual units did. I might also suggest that you see what the Open Conflict server is doing - instead of just providing grid details it gives a heading and estimated distance. Prevents having to swap to f10 map so often, pan around, zoom in and out, etc. Just a thought.

=============================

i7 5820k | 32GB RAM | Nvidia 2070RTX | 1TB SSD

Just to respond to what you said lefty:

Friendly fire happens and the people who do it often get removed. The server has an auto kick and ban system with no tolerance for friendly fire kills or hits. They only get one accident. If there is a bigger problem we're always reachable on discord.

Any mission that is that far for a helicopter is not designed for a helicopter. You can create a mission for helicopters through the F10 menu, checking in. When you request active ground targets via F10 menu it will show all ground targets for jets, helis and multirole. Just pick the grid closest to you or create one.

Right now you're given grid and nearest city/airbase. You can use the ruler on the F10 menu to give yourself a bearing to take. This is the first iteration of the script and it appears to work very well. We may work for more details later on.

Thanks for playing and your input.

In our most recent update, we've added Korean War slots/missions (F-86F and MiG-15bis) and created a combat zone (far enough from the modern jet/helo combat zone) just for those airframes to experience Air to Air and Air to Ground missions more suited to their time period.

Now there is truly something for all pilots of all airframes.

Enjoy!

• Like 1

"Through The Inferno"

Endless, Dynamic, Open-World Experience for DCS World

Was just flying the spitfire on your server and spawned in some ground targets however I was unable to tell where they were as they are not shown in the target locations option.

[sIGPIC]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic114071_1.gif[/sIGPIC]

A-10C, Nevada, Gazelle, F-5E, F-86, MIG-15, FC3, Hawk, Huey, Ka-50, M-2000C, L-39, Combined Arms

Was just flying the spitfire on your server and spawned in some ground targets however I was unable to tell where they were as they are not shown in the target locations option.

I've addressed this in the latest update. Thanks for letting me know! :)

The WW2 ground mission locations are now added to the "Request location intel" option.

"Through The Inferno"

Hi everyone,

I just wanted to share my first video of DCS ever.

Gotta say im very new on DCS and flying in general, cant remember the nickname of the guy that was flying with me, but i had a lot of fun!!

btw, im enjoying alot this server and the mission!!

Edited by shonist

I7 7700k - Msi Z270 Gaming+

GTX 1070ti

16gb @2400

2x Samsung 850EVO 250/500 - 1x HDD 1TB

SAITEK-MAD CATZ CYBORG FLY 5 STICK

WIN 10

IL78 tanker speed

First, let me say thank you for that particular server, love to fly there.

Most of the time you meet highly professional people there....a/c side and as Georgia traffic /Magic.

Some thoughts:

IL78: the tanker cruises at around 170 kt indicated, thats a little slow for the Mirage as you are at the edge of the envelope when fully loaded, if you miss the point you´ll have to go full burner to accellerate and there´s a good chance to overshoot then at the basket. Maybe you could set it to (200-)230 kts?

Scramble scenario: Yet not sure when it´s triggered...random or by an "action"/amount of aircraft in game? If you are low on players there´s Senaki almost R.I.P....

Enemy forces attacking Senaki: any hint where they are coming from....they are there, instantly and at first unknown location until they start shredding Senaki - same with the enemy aircraft. Suggestion: INTEL on a rough position of ground forces and enemy bombers/fighters at greater distance (40 miles?) so you have a chance t get airborne before they are over the base.

Apart that small things....good work, keep it coming. And if there´s a good reason for the scenario as it is I will accept it and have fun :-)

Thank you

Willy

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]my rig specs: i7-4790K CPU 4.50GHz, 32GB RAM, 64bit WIN10, NVidia GeForce GTX 980 Ti, SSD+

A10C, UH-1H, M2C, F5E, Gazelle, KA 50, F18C, DCS 2.5x OB

First, let me say thank you for that particular server, love to fly there.

Most of the time you meet highly professional people there....a/c side and as Georgia traffic /Magic.

Thanks, those guys are great, they are making this place a really great place to play. Because of this, I might need to balance the server mission to be a bit harder now that everyone has guidance.

Some thoughts:

IL78: the tanker cruises at around 170 kt indicated, thats a little slow for the Mirage as you are at the edge of the envelope when fully loaded, if you miss the point you´ll have to go full burner to accellerate and there´s a good chance to overshoot then at the basket. Maybe you could set it to (200-)230 kts?

We can take care of that, that's a simple fix. Thanks for the advice.

Scramble scenario: Yet not sure when it´s triggered...random or by an "action"/amount of aircraft in game? If you are low on players there´s Senaki almost R.I.P....

Scramble scenario is triggered manually by admins, or randomly at the 2 hour mark with a 25% chance.

Enemy forces attacking Senaki: any hint where they are coming from....they are there, instantly and at first unknown location until they start shredding Senaki - same with the enemy aircraft. Suggestion: INTEL on a rough position of ground forces and enemy bombers/fighters at greater distance (40 miles?) so you have a chance t get airborne before they are over the base.

Apart that small things....good work, keep it coming. And if there´s a good reason for the scenario as it is I will accept it and have fun :-)

Thank you

Willy

I've placed some JTACs near the invading forces, but I'll try to do something better about it since last month we've only recently turned off REDFOR on the map.

Thanks for all the advice, we take feedback to heart. Hope to fly with you sometime!

"Through The Inferno"

Feedback highly appreciated, thanks for looking into that stuff.

For sure....you gonna see me on the server :-)

Have a fine weekend!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]my rig specs: i7-4790K CPU 4.50GHz, 32GB RAM, 64bit WIN10, NVidia GeForce GTX 980 Ti, SSD+

• 2 weeks later...

Hey just had my first flight on your server.

Mi-8 slots 1&2 @ senaki, I was in nr 2 and nr1 joined in, damaging himself fatally and me lightly. The common SR helicopter frequency suggested in the briefing is not a channel the MI8 can tune into. (Mi8 FM only via channels)

Didn't even get my heli off the ground, base attack... Was kinda cool. But so far it only happened to me once... :D

Hey just had my first flight on your server.

Mi-8 slots 1&2 @ senaki, I was in nr 2 and nr1 joined in, damaging himself fatally and me lightly. The common SR helicopter frequency suggested in the briefing is not a channel the MI8 can tune into. (Mi8 FM only via channels)

Didn't even get my heli off the ground, base attack... Was kinda cool. But so far it only happened to me once... :D

Sorry about that Apo.

I was just about to pick up the 2nd crate of my very short helo career when I was blasted out of the air by a T-72... Annoying, but I guess that's what I get for trying to learn how to fly on a combat server haha.

I was wondering about the helicopter frequency myself. I've been just clicking the tune button on the R828 to get close to 23Mhz but I can never hear anything so I wasn't sure if it was me or the settings.

Edited by Integrals

Sorry for my following really dumb question, but I've read through all the threads and can't answer it on my own. I read the OP about the mission being single-player or multiplayer and downloaded it from the DCS downloads. I don't know where I'm supposed to put the files. Do I have to put them in the aircraft folders in the "user/saved games/DCS world/" in each of my modules, or in the actual DCS folder Mods? Missions folder? I' really new at this.

When all else fails, READ THE INSTRUCTIONS!

i-7 8700K Coffee Lake 5 GHz OC CPU, 32GB Corsair 3200 RAM, GTX1080 Ti 11Gb VRAM. Controls - Thrustmaster Warthog H.O.T.A.S., Saitek Pro rudder pedals, TrackIR 5, Oculus Rift S, Rift CV1

Sorry for my following really dumb question, but I've read through all the threads and can't answer it on my own. I read the OP about the mission being single-player or multiplayer and downloaded it from the DCS downloads. I don't know where I'm supposed to put the files. Do I have to put them in the aircraft folders in the "user/saved games/DCS world/" in each of my modules, or in the actual DCS folder Mods? Missions folder? I' really new at this.

Hi Balzarog,

I am not sure what you are asking for as this is the tread for online multiplayer. Just to make sure: if you prefer to play online with others you do not need the mission file (.miz) to place anywhere on your computer. Just join multiplayer in DCS and select the server with "Through the Inferno" and choose your slot/aircraft and follow the instructions in the briefing.

If you - on the other hand - prefer to play solo or want to HOST this mission from your PC you will have to place the .miz-file into "YourUserName"/saved games/DCSopenbeta/missions

After that go to the DCS World Sim, at the right menu click on MISSION then My Missions/ click and fly or host your own server (which makes no sense to me because flying together with others is much more fun (if they don´t teamkill and are dumba$$ kids of course :-) )

Helpful?

Cheers

Willy

Doc, thank you for your prompt reply. A friend and I have been trying to find a way to do co-op flights so he can teach me the basics of combat maneuver without having to contend with the idiots or actual PvP opponents. The OP (#1) of this thread promoted the mission files as single-player or setting up your own multiplayer game. Unfortunately, the download didn't include any instruction on where to put them.

Your reply is very helpful, and exactly what I was looking for. Be assured that as soon as I learn the basics, and feel I can contribute to a team environment, I'll be joining the TTI server more often.

Again thank you for your help.

i-7 8700K Coffee Lake 5 GHz OC CPU, 32GB Corsair 3200 RAM, GTX1080 Ti 11Gb VRAM. Controls - Thrustmaster Warthog H.O.T.A.S., Saitek Pro rudder pedals, TrackIR 5, Oculus Rift S, Rift CV1

All, please accept my apology for posting my noob question in this thread. It was intended for the Mission subforum. I accidentally selected multiplayer instead of mission. Sorry for any confusion I caused.

Bazarog...don´t worry about posting here.

I agree with you on the annoying teamkills but be sure: during times an admin is online and acts as player, traffic control or magic things run smooth on the server. During other times...well massacre and autokicks.

I started to fly the Shark recently because I believed it to be hard to master - with regard to the avionics ABRIS/PVI (flew Huey, Gazelle and fixed stuff for quite a time now). But I must say....within a couple of days you are ready for action, still learning ABRIS though. So don´t hesitate to go online anytime your buddy is not available.

The server is worth doing so...

And get your simple radio stuff working!!!

Maybe we meet some day there....would love to fly as team and take stuff out and improve our skills

Edited by docWilly

Thank you very much for the offer. I do join the TTI servers (both 1.5.6 and 2.1.1) occasionally, but mostly just for free flight since I still can't land the -1H. Have to improve my coordination of the cyclic and collective. The TTI server is one of my favorites.

Just on the server now and cannot rearm any of the Viggens to do air to ground with rockets, the airfield is under attack and there is nowt I can do about it, also the snap files have stopped working again, I normaly just delete the view directory it always finds its way back in somehow thoght lol, tks

Just on the server now and cannot rearm any of the Viggens to do air to ground with rockets, the airfield is under attack and there is nowt I can do about it, also the snap files have stopped working again, I normaly just delete the view directory it always finds its way back in somehow thoght lol, tks

When the airbase is under attack and there are red forces on it. They capture it. Which means you can't rearm. It takes a good long while before ground forces get to the airbase. JTAC marks targets with laser and smoke as they get close.

It takes teamwork to find and kill the targets.

Oscar Juliet,

On the NTTR Through The Inferno, have CBU-105's been restricted?

Thank you,

Monnie

Rack Rig: Rosewill RSV-L4000 | Koolance ERM-3K3UC | Xeon E5-1680 v2 @ 4.9ghz w/EK Monoblock | Asus Rampage IV Black Edition | 64GB 2133mhz | SLI TitanXP w/ EK Waterblocks | 2x Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB | Seasonic 1000w Titanium | Windows 10 Pro 64bit | TM Warthog HOTAS w/40cm Extension | MFG Crosswind Rudders | Obutto R3volution | HP Reverb

Not sure if I'm doing something wrong or not, as I'm not too familiar with SRS, yet, but...

When I connect to the Through the Inferno server, and set up SRS to the frequency for the 2.1 server ( 252 ), all radio traffic sounds like it's for 1.5. Anyone else experience this?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

@monnierock - CBU 105s were restricted completely on 1.5 and should be on 2.1 as well.

@Max_Rougue - 252 is reserved for 2.1 but sometimes people don't follow it. So if you hear people using 252 that shouldn't be ask them to change channels since this is for 2.1. If they become a problem let us know on discord. We can handle it at that moment.