Continuesly triming the ruder

=Pedro=

Most of the Time I add tgp to my loadout which makes it asimetric. There core I need to trim my ruder everytime the speed change. Also need to use the rudder trim to counter the wind. Is this how vipers fbw behaves or just WIP?

Gigabyte Z390 Gaming X | i7 9700K@5.0GHz | Asus TUF OC RTX 4090 | 32GB DDR4@3200MHz | HP Reverb G2 | TrackIR 5 | TM Warthog HOTAS | MFG Croswinds

You shouldn't be trimming yaw at all in either of those cases as you'll end up in uncoordinated flight. Use roll trim for asymmetric payloads. You shouldn't trim at all for wind, to be honest I'm not even sure what you mean there.

You should only be touching yaw trim in case of a fault/damage to the aircraft.

Spoiler

Intel 13900K (5Ghz), 64Gb 6400Mhz, MSi RTX 3090, Schiit Modi/Magi DAC/AMP, ASUS PG43UQ, Hotas Warthog, RealSimulator FSSB3, 2x TM MFDs + DCS MFDs, MFG Crosswinds, Elgato Steamdeck XL

Most of the Time I add tgp to my loadout which makes it asimetric. There core I need to trim my ruder everytime the speed change. Also need to use the rudder trim to counter the wind. Is this how vipers fbw behaves or just WIP?

In the RL F-16, it is normal to have to trim. Here you can see the pilot trimming the rudder at 2:08

Not sure if it is BUG or not within DCS since I am not sure if it is modeled or not.

Edited by mvsgas
spelling

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Thank you for you patience.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

Here at :53 sec, you see the pilot trim while maneuvering the aircraft. I did not set the video to the time because it is a 360° video, so once the video starts you will have to move the camera to see the control stick.

Edited by mvsgas
youtube link

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

He’s talking about trimming the rudder though? I get trimming in pitch and roll but I’ve yet to see a need to trim in yaw - in the sim at least.

Proud owner of:

PointCTRL VR : Finger Trackers for VR -- Real Simulator : FSSB R3L Force Sensing Stick. -- Deltasim : Force Sensor WH Slew Upgrade -- Mach3Ti Ring : Real Flown Mach 3 SR-71 Titanium, made into an amazing ring.

My Fathers Aviation Memoirs: 50 Years of Flying Fun - From Hunter to Spitfire and back again.

He’s talking about trimming the rudder though? I get trimming in pitch and roll but I’ve yet to see a need to trim in yaw?

First video I posted

To whom it may concern,

First video I posted

Edited my post for clarity.

Proud owner of:

PointCTRL VR : Finger Trackers for VR -- Real Simulator : FSSB R3L Force Sensing Stick. -- Deltasim : Force Sensor WH Slew Upgrade -- Mach3Ti Ring : Real Flown Mach 3 SR-71 Titanium, made into an amazing ring.

My Fathers Aviation Memoirs: 50 Years of Flying Fun - From Hunter to Spitfire and back again.

Here the pilot trim at 5:34, another 360 video

The argument would be that non of these video show a USAF F-16C block 50 circa 2007, that is a valid argument and that is why I do not know if it applies to DCS.

Edited by mvsgas
youtube link

To whom it may concern,

He’s talking about trimming the rudder though? I get trimming in pitch and roll but I’ve yet to see a need to trim in yaw - in the sim at least.

Again, using the first video I posted. That is a clean F-16D block 50. Why does hew need trim? A number or reason. That specific aircraft normally need ruder trim, the way the rudder Integrated Servo Actuator (ISA) is rig, a quirk of that specific Digital Flight Control Computer (DFLCC), the way the airframe behaves, etc. There is no specific answer. All the F-16 I ever work on, the only trim that was always center (when I inspected the cockpit) was pitch, and that is because at 60knots wheel spin, the pitch trim is suppose to center automatically.

Edited by mvsgas
spelling

To whom it may concern,

Again, using the first video I posted. That is a clean F-16D block 50. Why does hew need trim? A number or reason. That specific aircraft normally need ruder trim, the way the rudder Integrated Servo Actuator (ISA) is rig, a quirk of that specific Digital Flight Control Computer (DFLCC), the way the airframe behaves, etc. There is no specific answer. All the F-16 I ever work on, the only trim that was always center is pitch, and that is because at 60knots wheel spin, the pitch trim is suppose to center automatically.

I don’t doubt real aircraft need rudder trim. Very few real aircraft are perfectly straight. But read the last sentence of my post. Why would OP need rudder trim in the sim? I’m -not- asking about real aircraft. In the sim the jet doesn’t require any rudder trim to keep coordinated as far as I can see. The Tpod causes the aircraft to roll slightly but it doesn’t move the bubble in the slip indicator so adjusting rudder trim is only going to make the aircraft uncoordinated.

Proud owner of:

It makes me think it was not something designed to be used much. It's in such an inconvenient place!

I can't account on how often it is/was used, only that it was used.

To whom it may concern,

I don’t doubt real aircraft need rudder trim. Very few real aircraft are perfectly straight. But read the last sentence of my post. Why would OP need rudder trim in the sim? I’m -not- asking about real aircraft. In the sim the jet doesn’t require any rudder trim to keep coordinated as far as I can see. The Tpod causes the aircraft to roll slightly but it doesn’t move the bubble in the slip indicator so adjusting rudder trim is only going to make the aircraft uncoordinated.

I guess we will have to wait for one of the ED to tell us about this. I do not know

To whom it may concern,

While roll trim is quite common (particuarlly for any asymetric loading), trimmng for pitch and yaw would very rarely be needed.

Thanks

Thanks Matthew.

Gigabyte Z390 Gaming X | i7 9700K@5.0GHz | Asus TUF OC RTX 4090 | 32GB DDR4@3200MHz | HP Reverb G2 | TrackIR 5 | TM Warthog HOTAS | MFG Croswinds

Why do I need to trim/Trim too much sensible ?

Hi Guys,

I thought the F16 had an autotrim feature that makes the aircraft almost Flight path stable for instance, you fly level and reduce speed with stick neutral, the flight controls software should pitch up the aircraft. But At the same time it want's to maintain 1G ( C* law) so it wont be able to maintain efficently the flight path.

ALSO the trim is very very responsive, like the mirage 2000, I press one notch of trim and the plane will pitch like 5+ Degres in only one press, I can't even release the stick, always have to keep back/forward pressure on the stick to maintain flight path

Is this normal ?

First link talks about trim, second link is the same "flight control discussion"

Its the same conversation, same points of view, why repeat the same point of view if no knew information is shared?

To whom it may concern,

I'm finding that the trim pitch trim is very sensitive as well.

Derek "BoxxMann" Speare

derekspearedesigns.com 25,000+ Gaming Enthusiasts Trust DSD Components to Perform!

i7-11700k 4.9g | RTX3080ti (finally!)| 64gb Ram | 2TB NVME PCIE4| Reverb G1 | CH Pro Throt/Fighterstick Pro | 4 DSD Boxes

Falcon XT/AT/3.0/4.0 | LB2 | DCS | LOMAC

Been Flight Simming Since 1988!

Useful VR settings and tips for DCS HERE

I havent had to use much Pitch trim, but for me the roll trim is indeed very (too) sensitive, its almost impossible to get the plane trimmed level with say a TGP attached becasue of the sensitivity. always just a bit to little or to much.. never just level.

Its not my controller causing the roll.