[FIXED] Master Caution reset logic

AvroLanc

Does the Master caution reset logic work correctly?

In our familiar western aircraft a failure will occur and illuminate a caption on the warning panel or such like, this will then illuminate the master caution light. The master caution light can then be reset to extinguish it and re-arm the system for alerting of any subsequent alerts.

What we see in the Thunder is a MC light (and HUD warn) that stays on the whole time a warning exists. It appears pressing it mutes the aural warning, but the light and HUD warn remains. It's somewhat annoying to have the HUD flash, but also I think it's inhibiting future warnings (and the aural)...Which is bad.

Can this be how it works IRL?

I'm finding some great little details built into this great module, but a lack of detailed systems manual is hurting.

Edited by uboats

• 1 month later...

bump

im also really confused by how master caution works in dcs jf-17. i find it hard to believe that in the real jet, pressing master caution to supress current warning will also supress future warnings. sounds super dangerous if its like this.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 1600X

GPU: AMD RX 580

Funny because per the AV-8B/an manual, the JF17 caution camel logic is how the harrier is supposed to work.

Don’t own the JF manual but seemed interesting panel doesn’t flash but remains illuminated when pressed and caution/warning event remains.

Maybe boats you could lend your code to Razbam before fixing.