Question on Weapon Select Neutral (PCA Select)

Agathos_Deimon

Hi,

i am familiarizing myself currently with the M2000C.

Now i ran into an issue where it seems the Weapon Select Neutral (PCA Select) buttons seems to have changed its function:

So far i got used to select the guns / magics via weapons quick select. Than deselect them by using Neutral / PCA select. When i deselected them i had the impression that after using Neutral i had the Top row of the PCA back to "default" so it showed TOP/POL/APP/RD/OBJ.

Today i tested a few things on locking targets in an offline mission. Than i noticed when returning back to base and wanted to hit APP, that when i selected the gun/magic and deselected them the PCA did not show "default". I had to click on the gun/magic on the PCA to return it to "default" and be able to hit APP.

All in all i got the impression that the buttons showed a strange behaviour, i.e. if i had the 530s selected on the PCA, than used quick select to get either guns or magic, than hit neutral i got back to the 530s. If i than hit neutral again i deselected the 530s and PCA went to default with TOP/POL/APP/RD/OBJ.

Now i wonder if i just missed that behaviour the last couple of days or if something has changed. How is that supposed to work excatly?

Would be great if someone that owns the M2000C would have some time to get with me on an MP Server and we test that.

Edited by Agathos_Deimon

WEAPON Select Neutral (PCA Select) will return to previous mode, not necessarily to NAV mode.

So if you had another weapon (AG, 530...) previously selected, you will return to that mode.

Mirage fanatic !

I7-7700K/ MSI RTX3080/ RAM 64 Go/ SSD / TM Hornet stick-Virpil WarBRD + Virpil CM3 Throttle + MFG Crosswind + Reverb G2.

Flickr gallery: https://www.flickr.com/gp/71068385@N02/728Hbi

Strange, cause if i am in NAV mode, select gun or magic via quick select and than use neutral (PCA Select) it only returns the HUD to NAV mode, but not the top PCA row. I have to click on the gun/magic PCA button to return the top PCA row to NAV.

I have both tried to reset my entire control config and ran a repair but the above behaviour stays.

Yes, i've noticed the same. It's particularly annoying when you select Magic and then unselect, as the seeker head tone will still be played whenever there is a heat source in front of you. It took me a frustrating and noisy 5 minutes to find out I had to click MAG on the PCA bottom row to make it go away.

@jojo That seems to work only if you have selected the weapon before using the quick selection mode gun/magic. i.e. if i select 530 or Droptank on PCA, than use quick select gun/magic and than use neutral two times i am back at default Top row.

If from no weapon selection, i simply quick select gun/magic a double neutral will not bring me back to default top row.

But atleast its not only at my end, so seems to be a bug within the M2000C module.

I second that. if previously in Nav mode, when we go back to neutral after Magic or AA gun mode, the Nav mod does not come back properly and the PCA top row still in "attack/weapon" mode. To exit "attack/weapon" mode we need to manually hit the PCA MAG or CAS button (one or two times) to "reset" the PCA.

There is also a bug with le standard radar vs CC modes. If the radar is in "Silent" mode and we select any CC mode, the radar exists the "Silent" mode (maybe this is intented, I don't know), but if we exist/Return to normal mode (Radar Unlock / Exist special mode), the Radar do not return in "Silent" mode, but still in "Emit" mode, despite the radar power switch position on the panel. To return in "Silent" mode, we must manually change de radar power switch position.

Edited by sedenion

• 4 months later...
Hey Agathos, is this one fixed? I have the same issue not sure how to get back to NAV mode.

It seems to be fixed in Open Beta at least.

CNM neutral return to previous mode from MAG or CAN.

If you had 530 selected you have to unselect by clicking PCA button.

Mirage fanatic !

I7-7700K/ MSI RTX3080/ RAM 64 Go/ SSD / TM Hornet stick-Virpil WarBRD + Virpil CM3 Throttle + MFG Crosswind + Reverb G2.

Flickr gallery: https://www.flickr.com/gp/71068385@N02/728Hbi