Viper Owners

Cleris

Hello Viper owners,

I just wanted to ask how she is. How are the systems that are modeled now? Just trying to figure out if I should pick it up now or wait a while for more stuff to come out.

Other than not having a good quick standoff weapon like a Mav or Harm, the recently added systems such as Link16 have made it much more enjoyable. It’s all I fly and flying it is fantastic. One thing you must do if you get it is get the MFD mod that’s in the Wish List section under MFD readability thread. Without that I would not buy it yet.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel i9 9900K @ 5.1Ghz HT Disabled, Asus RoG Strix z390E Gaming, 64GB G.Skill Trident Z 3200, Asus RoG Strix RTX2080Ti OC @ 1.9Ghz, 1TB Samsung Evo 970Pro M.2 TM Warthog, CH Pro Pedals, Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals, Samsung 49" Curved Gaming Monitor, Samsung 50" 4KUHD TV, Acer 27" Touch Panel, CV1, Pimax 5K+, Valve Index, FSSB3 Lighting, F-16SGRH, 3 TM Cougar's and a Saitek X36 that I can't bring myself to part with.

If you like the F-16,you will love this Module also. With the HP Reverb, no need to Mod anything on this baby.

The Cockpit is a Bit empty in VR,but the Pilot Body is following

Gesendet von meinem SM-G973F mit Tapatalk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thrustmaster Warthog SLM - F/A-18 , MFG Crosswind V2 , Cougar MFD`s , HP Reverb , PointCtrl , i9@5,1Ghz/2080Ti,

:joystick: DIY 2DOF Motionsimulator with 4Ch Simshaker :joystick:

Buy it now or not is very subjective.

I pre-ordered the Viper and as it is well known then, system implementation-wise, it was barebone but I still had great fun with her. The open canopy view is unbeatable especially in vr.

The Viper has received some important features in a quick time from ED and should the trend of these patches be substaned, I see the Viper maturing fully soon.

As she is now, she has got good enough systems implemented to successfully prosecute aa and ag missions.

It was easy for me to put the Viper in my hangar having been very conversant with her in other sim and knowing the depth dcs brings to their simulation.

I would say yes but again this is you buying. Check reviews of current features on YouTube and match against your expectations to ease the move to get it or not.

A happy owner here

All the best.

Windows 10 Pro 64bit|Ryzen 5600 @3.8Ghz|EVGA RTX 3070 XC3 Ultra|Corair vengence 32G DDR4 @3200mhz|MSI B550|Thrustmaster Flightstick| Virpil CM3 Throttle| Thrustmaster TFRP Rudder Pedal /Samsung Odyssey Plus Headset

Air-to-air it's not bad right now. It has all major radar modes and they function alright. Datalink and IFF work. It just needs the radar gunsight implemented. It's really fun to fly around and fight.

Air-to-ground, it has a targeting pod but it's pretty barebones and lacking features, which will lead to negative training. It can lase for LGBs. It has CBU-97s which are fun weapons, but is limited on fuzing and height options. No Mavericks, HARMs, or JSOW/JDAM yet. No HTS pod. I also find that steerpoints can get really screwed up sometimes since there's no cursor zero function implemented (really vital feature for TPOD use). Generally I'd say Viper is not worth it for air-to-ground right now.

Out of combat, she flies nicely, navigation is fine although some DED features are missing. Takeoff and landing are fine. Cold start works with a few omissions. Radio functions work.

For air-to-air or general flight, F-16 is pretty fun and works well enough. For air-to-ground, I find it the bugs or omissions of features/weapons to be a big detriment.

Virpil WarBRD | Thrustmaster Hornet Grip | Foxx Mount | Thrustmaster TWCS Throttle | Logitech G Throttle Quadrant | VKB T-Rudder IV | TrackIR 5

AMD Ryzen 5 3600 | Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB | 32GB DDR4 3200 | SSD

Hello Viper owners,

I just wanted to ask how she is. How are the systems that are modeled now? Just trying to figure out if I should pick it up now or wait a while for more stuff to come out.

Too early imo. The flight model is still a WIP. Don't expect to out turn anyone in a fight. Don't expect to be able to use all 9g of airframe. And don't expect to stay conscious in the regimes where you can get 9g for more than 0.5 seconds (as opposed to at least 15s IRL). Don't expect radar gun locks (WW2 style spray n pray only). If you can handle all of this, then you'll be happy with the current early access F-16. The systems that exist are easy enough for even a novice to pick up and fly, and it's pretty easy to get the systems ready for a dogfight, so AA isn't too bad and BVR works fairly well.

If you're looking for something more agile and feature complete, you might be happier with a Hornet or Thunder.

If you’re ok with EA modules, let alone one that is only 3 months old then I say buy it. I think it’s a lot of fun and a really good CAP aircraft. Though you can really do it all. It’s probably my most flown aircraft anymore, though the Hornet is a close second. There are some quirks with it being EA but it’s nothing that will prevent you from enjoying the module.

I'm not a Pilot,but as in Reallife,I like the F-16C and F/A-18C, mutch more than the JF-17. The JF-17 is more a Kitcar of a Jet,from both Worlds.

But it's all about personal preferences.

Gesendet von meinem SM-G973F mit Tapatalk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thrustmaster Warthog SLM - F/A-18 , MFG Crosswind V2 , Cougar MFD`s , HP Reverb , PointCtrl , i9@5,1Ghz/2080Ti,

:joystick: DIY 2DOF Motionsimulator with 4Ch Simshaker :joystick:

Of the Americans big four ( F14 / F15 / F16 / F18 ) the Viper was always my personal favorite so the pre-order was a no-brainer to me.

If you can afford it and are ok with some features still missing then go for it.

Is great and very fun to fly and relatively easy to learn, I assure you will have a great time on it.

Edited by Neon_20