DCS: F-16CM Block 50 by EDSA Discussion Thread

NineLine

Do you know if loading HARMS or having the HTS equipped gives you an MFD page with better capability to locate SAM contacts or is targeting somehow done through the RWR?

Yes.

The page is called HAD and I'm really curious how ED will make it.

The functionality is not common stuff which can be find via Google.

• ED Team
We need an update in Planned F-16C Systems and Payloads (https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=241132) - from the description text under the last video, we will get the Mk 82 Snake Eyes :music_whistling:

We are looking into it, so not quite 100% certain right now.

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

So if bomb codes can’t be set from the Viper pit (per comments below the latest video) then where do you set them? Data Cartridge? Mission Editor? Ground Crew Loadout Screen?
I guess a tab in the ME or via the kneeboard on the ground. The bomb's code can only be changed by the ground crew IRL. The fact that we can currently change it in cockpit in the Hornet is a workaround.

I guess all of the above are valid until the DTC development finishes.

The vCVW-17 is looking for Hornet and Tomcat pilots and RIOs. Join the vCVW-17 Discord.

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VFA-34.png

F/A-18C, F-15E, AV-8B, F-16C, JF-17, A-10C/CII, M-2000C, F-14, AH-64D, BS2, UH-1H, P-51D, Sptifire, FC3
-
i9-13900K, 64GB @6400MHz RAM, 4090 Strix OC, Samsung 990 Pro

I guess a tab in the ME or via the kneeboard on the ground. The bomb's code can only be changed by the ground crew IRL. The fact that we can currently change it in cockpit in the Hornet is a workaround.

I guess all of the above are valid until the DTC development finishes.

I know how it works IRL.

I’m asking how DCS will implement it as it’s a new thing in the Viper (and will it become the new universal standard (eventually?))

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

http://www.476vfightergroup.com/content.php

High Quality Aviation Photography For Personal Enjoyment And Editorial Use.

www.crosswindimages.com

I’m asking how DCS will implement it

lAEcX9q.png

Spoiler

Ryzen 9 5900X | 64GB G.Skill TridentZ 3600 | Gigabyte RX6900XT | ASUS ROG Strix X570-E GAMING | Samsung 990Pro 2TB + 960Pro 1TB NMVe | HP Reverb G2
Pro Flight Trainer Puma | VIRPIL MT-50CM2+3 base / CM2 x2 grip with 200 mm S-curve extension + CM3 throttle + CP2/3 + FSSB R3L + VPC Rotor TCS Plus base with SharKa-50 grip mounted on Monstertech MFC-1 | TPR rudder pedals

OpenXR | PD 1.0 | 100% render resolution | DCS "HIGH" preset

Seems to suggest that the data cartridge will be ready in time for the early access release, but I will try not to get my hopes up too much until we get some official clarification.

Kinda needs to be or GBU’s will be unusable in multi-player.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

http://www.476vfightergroup.com/content.php

High Quality Aviation Photography For Personal Enjoyment And Editorial Use.

www.crosswindimages.com

in Addition for CCRP HUD at pull up you must display the 45 degrees TOSS ANTICIPATION CUE flashing....

The pilot flies the FPM to the azimuth steering line to fly directly to the release point. As the release point

is approached, the pilot depresses and holds the WPN REL. Ten seconds prior to pull-up, the pull-up anticipation

cue appears at the top of the HUD and the horizontal bar pull-up cue appears at the bottom of the

HUD, both of which move toward the FPM. Pull-up is indicated when the pull-up anticipation cue and the

horizontal bar reach the FPM . At this point the pilot increases pitch to keep the FPM on the

horizontal bar while continuing to maintain the azimuth steering centered and holding the WPN REL down.

The pull-up anticipation becomes a solution cue at the pull-up time, moves to the top of the HUD, and moves

toward the FPM as the release point is approached. When the solution cue is coincident with

the FPM indicating a bombing solution is reached, the weapon is released automatically as indicated by a

flashing FPM. The FPM will flash until the pilot releases WPN REL.

https://lektsii.org/7-38071.html

Edited by Geraki

Well, what about markpoints and steerpoints?

Not really makes it unusable.

What about them, they have nothing to do with weapon terminal guidance...? You still need different LASER codes to your wingman and other flights in the area.

Spoiler

Intel 13900K (5Ghz), 64Gb 6400Mhz, MSi RTX 3090, Schiit Modi/Magi DAC/AMP, ASUS PG43UQ, Hotas Warthog, RealSimulator FSSB3, 2x TM MFDs + DCS MFDs, MFG Crosswinds, Elgato Steamdeck XL

Eddie,

IRL what is the source document for what laser codes are used? (If you can say)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Primary Computer

ASUS Z390-P, i7-9700K CPU @ 5.0Ghz, 32GB Patriot Viper Steel DDR4 @ 3200Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce 1070 Ti AMP Extreme, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe drives (1Tb & 500 Gb), Windows 10 Professional, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Warthog Stick, Thrustmaster Cougar Throttle, Cougar MFDs x3, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals and TrackIR 5.

-={TAC}=-DCS Server

Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3, i7-3770K CPU @ 3.90GHz, 32GB G.SKILL Ripjaws DDR3 @ 1600Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce® GTX 970.

Beyond what the weapons can physically be set to I don’t have anything for the operators that is shareable under 1.16.

Spoiler

Intel 13900K (5Ghz), 64Gb 6400Mhz, MSi RTX 3090, Schiit Modi/Magi DAC/AMP, ASUS PG43UQ, Hotas Warthog, RealSimulator FSSB3, 2x TM MFDs + DCS MFDs, MFG Crosswinds, Elgato Steamdeck XL

Hi,

Some good news for players who waiting the viper : https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=4043099&postcount=174

More and more enginers working on F16C !

Only temporarily.... by a develop release situation. :music_whistling:

In order to hit our Viper release window, we have very recently had to temporarily move a couple of the systems programmers from the Hornet onto the Viper for a short period

Great news!

"We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the day and night to visit violence on those who would do us harm".

---------------------------------------------------------

Intel i-9 9900k @ 5.0 Ghz, EVGA 2080tiFTW3 11Gb, Corsair H115 PRO water cooler, Gigabyte AorusMaster motherboard, EVGA Super Nova 1000 watt G+ powersupply, G.SKILL 64Gb ram @3800 MHz, HP EX 920 M.2 PCIe 3TB,Windows 10Pro x64

Eddie,

IRL what is the source document for what laser codes are used? (If you can say)

Not sure if this is what you're looking for, but the codes you are able to enter on the weapon itself appear in a diagram of the GBU-12 on page 36 of NWP 3-22.5-FA18A/B/C/D, the Hornet Tactical Pocket Manual. Can't post it here of course, but it is readily available online.

Are we to expect Small Diameter Bombs for the Viper ? Image showing four SDBs:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=243974

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=241183

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Thank you for you patience.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

Something I want to keep bringing up because I hope it stays fresh in peoples mind. If and when the F-16 module is release. If ED stay with the same version they announce (we all know or should know that can change) it will be a F-16C block 50, from USAF, After CCIP upgrade circa 2007.

Counter measure panels have change, Avionics power panels have change. Engine Starting Systems Controller have change, Flight control Computers have change, RWR, Engine, JHMCS; the list goes on. I am only talking about USAF F-16C block 50, not even thinking about other countries.

So before making a post saying this or that is wrong, please lets all make sure what versions we are looking at. Before posting that "chart" about turn performance, what flight control software and computer is that chart based on? On the USAF block 50 alone there are several different flight control computer and software.

Before posting a video about the engine, do you know there are 6 different engines for the F-16? Not just block 50 but F-16 in general.

F100-PW-200 (block 1 to 25), F100-PW-220 (block 1 to 25, 32 and 42), F100-PW-229 (block 42 and 52, 52+), F110-GW-100 (30, 40) F110-GE-129 (50, 50+), F110-GE-132 (60). They all have subversion also, as an example last time I check, the F110 has the 100, 100B, 100C and 100D. How many F110-GE-129 subversion are there? I don't know, does anyone know?

Avionics power have several versions; Some with MMC, Some with MMC and EGI

There are several OFP and they all bring different capabilities. M3.4+, M4.2+, M4.3+, M5.1+

So unless you have specific dates for when those OFP became operational ( and their capabilities) maybe hold off on that:" it should carry this weapons or this pod". A youtube video can't tell you what software that specific F-16 is using.

Pods have different software, and example sniper S1.8 or S3.5. Seeing a video of the Sniper pods does not tell you it capabilities unless you know the specific software used on the video. Same goes to all other pods (LITENING, HTS, etc.)

So, more than likely (if ED stays on this specific version) this module wont match what most of us think we know of the F-16.

Same conversation keep happening.

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Thank you for you patience.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..