DCS: F-16C Block 50 by EDSA

Drapion

What are the differences between the block 50 and the well known block 52?

Block x0 is General Electric F100-PW-220/220E Engine

Block x2 is Pratt & Whitney F100-PW-200 Engine

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

• Replies 369
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Block x0 is General Electric F100-PW-220/220E Engine

Block x2 is Pratt & Whitney F100-PW-200 Engine

Skate,

- GE engine are F110-GE-100 (block 30/40), F110-GE-129 (block 50 and 50+) and for the block 60 F110-GE-132

- The F100-PW-220 is a Pratt and Whitney product (found now on Block 10/15/20/25/32/42). The F100-PW-220E are updated F100-PW-200 ( originally on Block 5 to 25). The F100-PW-200 (new design from factory) where F100-PW-100 updated for the F-16.

- The F100-PW-229 is the latest Pratt and Whitney engine and can be found on block 42 (Toledo ANG only)/52/52+

Edited by mvsgas

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Thank you for you patience.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

Out of curiosity how would the F-16 perform in WVR dogfights? Better than the F-15? Better than the F/A-18? And if I'm not mistaken the F-16 will be able to carry all the A2A armaments both the F-15 & the F/A-18 can carry?

Intel i7-4790K 4GHz l 32 GB DDR3 l MSI 1080ti l Gigabyte 97ZX l TrackIR + DelanClip l TM Warthog HOTAS l CH Pedals

AV-8B l AJS-37 l A-10A l A-10C l F-15C l F-16C l F-5E l F-14A/B l F-86F l F/A-18C l Hawk l M2000 l MiG 29 l NTTR l Persian Gulf l Su-27 l Su-33 l Su-25 l Supercarrier l L-39 l UH-1 l

Out of curiosity how would the F-16 perform in WVR dogfights? Better than the F-15? Better than the F/A-18? And if I'm not mistaken the F-16 will be able to carry all the A2A armaments both the F-15 & the F/A-18 can carry?

I imagine it will be dependant on configuration, i.e. max weight & drag, but for a nearly clean F-16 without a heavy fuel load there should be little that could match it in WVR. The MiG-29... maybe? Other aircraft such as the MiG-29, Su-27 and F/A-18C should come close, but I would expect the F-16C to be the king of WVR combat.

System Spec: Cooler Master Cosmos C700P Black Edition case. | AMD 5950X CPU | MSI RTX-3090 GPU | 32GB HyperX Predator PC4000 RAM | | TM Warthog stick & throttle | TrackIR 5 | Samsung 980 Pro NVMe 4 SSD 1TB (boot) | Samsung 870 QVO SSD 4TB (games) | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit.

Personal wish list: DCS: Su-27SM & DCS: Avro Vulcan.

I imagine it will be dependant on configuration, i.e. max weight & drag, but for a nearly clean F-16 without a heavy fuel load there should be little that could match it in WVR. The MiG-29... maybe? Other aircraft such as the MiG-29, Su-27 and F/A-18C should come close, but I would expect the F-16C to be the king of WVR combat.

Nope, it will be defined by pilot skills only. If a su27 or F18 leads you to a slow turning fight, they are far superior than the F16 and will win. Again in the hand of a good pilot he will never enter in such a scenario and it will go vertical to stay out of it.

But with aim9X and JHMCS for f18 and f16 dogfighting will be quite boring in some servers XD. It will be a question of whoever see the other first. Some servers will need to watch out which weapons they allow.

Is they modeled the USAF version, it should not be able to carry AIM-7, only AIM-9 (M or X) and AIM-120 (A to D)

Nope, it will be defined by pilot skills only. If a su27 or F18 leads you to a slow turning fight, they are far superior than the F16 and will win. Again in the hand of a good pilot he will never enter in such a scenario and it will go vertical to stay out of it.

But with aim9X and JHMCS for f18 and f16 dogfighting will be quite boring in some servers XD. It will be a question of whoever see the other first. Some servers will need to watch out which weapons they allow.

I agree, It would be depending on the pilots and the fight, SU-27 and the F-15 should beat it in terms of radar detection, F/A-18 and SU-27 should have better nose authority. F-16 should be better at maintaining or recovering/ gaining energy.

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

With the block 50 coming, we need to work on our YGTBSM patches

2732886282_5b68d07890_b.jpg

To whom it may concern,

Now that seat real sitting position is a thing with VR, i wonder how will it be to simulate this 30º degree position on the seat. I am not sure if people will start complaining about seeing the instrument really far back and having to lean forward.

Maybe you will need to put the back of your chair in a 30º degree position for a perfect recreation :p

Now that seat real sitting position is a thing with VR, i wonder how will it be to simulate this 30º degree position on the seat. I am not sure if people will start complaining about seeing the instrument really far back and having to lean forward.

Maybe you will need to put the back of your chair in a 30º degree position for a perfect recreation :p

I do not think this would be any different than any other aircraft. Pilots tent to sit leaning forward, rarely have I seen any pilot flying with his head all the way back to the rest. Even during maneuvers.

People will complain no matter what they simulate, that you can't stop.

To whom it may concern,

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

We probably should take the conversation to here

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=3544581#post3544581

since that would not be related to the upcoming module.

To whom it may concern,

So F-16 sooner than I expected. Awesome!!

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3562495&postcount=5

I thought we would not see it for 5 to 6 years. Now I have hope we may see it within two to three.

Edited by mvsgas

To whom it may concern,

So F-16 sooner than I expected. Awesome!!

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3562495&postcount=5

I thought we would not see it for 5 to 6 years. Now I have hope we may see it within two to three.

Viper 2019!! :pilotfly::joystick:

Twitch Channel

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Virtual Thunderbirds, LLC | Sponsored by Thrustmaster

Z390 Aorus Xtreme, i9 9900k, G.SKILL TridentZ Series 32GB, 1080ti 11GB, Obutto R3Volution, Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog, TPR, Cougar MFDs, FSSB R3L, JetSeat, Oculus Rift S, Buddy-Fox A-10C UFC, F/A-18C UFC, Tek Creations F-16 ICP

Viper 2019!! :pilotfly::joystick:

You guys will finally get a F-16 so no mods and actual flight model. You may have to practice more. :D Hey, you are a SME on the fuel system, maybe you can do some close beta testing.

To whom it may concern,

You guys will finally get a F-16 so no mods and actual flight model. You may have to practice more. :D Hey, you are a SME on the fuel system, maybe you can do some close beta testing.

LOL yeah it will be nice to have legit F-16C. Regarding the fuel system, hell even the own jet doesn't work the greatest. It won't be a perfect module without a slow to feed external, FWD or AFT heavy, or generator failure. :megalol:

Twitch Channel

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Z390 Aorus Xtreme, i9 9900k, G.SKILL TridentZ Series 32GB, 1080ti 11GB, Obutto R3Volution, Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog, TPR, Cougar MFDs, FSSB R3L, JetSeat, Oculus Rift S, Buddy-Fox A-10C UFC, F/A-18C UFC, Tek Creations F-16 ICP

Wire Chaffing : lol :

in regards to "Thunderbirds",

the DCS Version wont have any options for Aerobatic Display Teams (Stop Watches in Cockpit Etc).

Was already asked about for F/A-18C. So likely wont be any different for F-16C

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

the DCS Version wont have any options for Aerobatic Display Teams (Stop Watches in Cockpit Etc).

Who needs a cockpit stopwatch? I certainly don't use the in-game stopwatch.

Twitch Channel

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

But think about it Skate, promotional video of the F-16C from ED will be the Virtual USAF Thunderbirds full display....Solo really putting on the G...that will be cool. Not accurate but most people wont care nor notice/know is a different block with different capabilities than the RL Thunderbirds.

To whom it may concern,

I think VBA Converted to the ED Hornet, depending on if they can run their display routine w/o inverted fuel pumps.

To whom it may concern,

I know that we likely get an USAF-Bird and that the USAF did not procure the CFT-upgrade for their Vipers.

BUT it would be nice if we get an CFT-Option to simulate the 52+ and later versions

of the many other countries that currently use the 50/52+. ED did already include foreign skins for the A-model (or the CF-18) Hornets so there is hope imho

Main Module: AH-64D

Personal Wishlist: HH-60G, F-117A, B-52H

I hope that ED will include an option for mounting CFT's

Not Part of the USAF Block 50s