Edtracker Setup

I just got an Edtracker and am having a bit of difficulty getting it setup with DCS.

I set the Joy_X axis to Horizontal View and Joy_Y axis to Vertical View in the sim general axis commands. When I move my head I can see the axis moving on the axis assign page.

However when I load the A-10C nothing happens.

Can anyone advise how they have the Edtracker set up with DCS?

Mark

Mark,

watch the video and proceed as described. I didn´t have to set anything in the settings, it was automatically detected and mapped...

X-56 HOTAS, TFRP Pedals

Modules: F-5E, FC3, F/A-18C, Mirage 2000 C, AV-8BNA, FW-190 A-8, F-16C Viper

SystemSpecs: AMD A8-6600K (4x3,9GHz), 16 GB RAM, NVidia GeForce GTX1070 8GB, WIN10 64bit

Thanks,

Looks like I’ll need to install Opentrack.

I also used a head torch band to House the Edtracker which didn’t seem to calibrate too well.

I’ll probably get a cheap headset and try and calibrate it better.

Regards

Mark

OK. This is just weird. Just came back from rechecking everything. As I said, I used Ed with DCS A10C first. And after discovering and fixing the xyz axis mapped to my joystick(Ed emulates your joystick) it worked fine. IL2 needed opentrack and is now fine after that install. Now when I checked my DCS settings There is a track IR column with trackir roll pitch yaw and x y and z settings mapped. I ran the game without opentrack started and nothing. With opentrack all is good. Besides opentrack is probably a better option. Just wonder why it worked without it in the first place.

As for the headband, I tried that but found it slipping easily due to too much hair. So I went to Radio Shack and bought a 10 dollar pair of headphones with easily removable ear pieces. Just have a nice wide band now (in girly blue)that Ed mounts solidly to. Make sure you do the initial calibration with it flat on you desk, screws down, away from magnetics and you'll be fine.

Edited by MoToad

Thanks again for the tips. Just about there. Device is fully calibrated.

Only issue I have now is the head won't rotate on the Edtracker UI. Pressing Reset View doesn't do anything. Putting the ED tracker into DEV mode I can see that the UI recognises the gyro moving as my head moves. DCS is recognising it as a Track IR device using Opentrack, but doesn't recognise any head movement as yet.

Regards

Mark

edtracker.thumb.JPG.936cea313c0b11640df6788736c513f4.JPG

Is yours wireless? Mines wireless.Of course you hit reset view while holding your head still. Switch on? Unplugged and replugged? Reinstalled software? Latest software? That's all I can think of. I have had email exchanges with the Ed folks. They are pretty quick to respond. 8 hr time diff for me.

• Like 1