DCS: A-10C Warthog

Namenlos Ein

Does anybody know when Patch 5 will be released? To the developers why can't you make it simple on joystick commands to switch weapons (either guns and missles and bombs or both) I have to go to the MSFD panel and hit all kinds of buttons to fire a missle. I use to have Lock On years ago and it was very simple to either go missles or guns or both.

Oh boy, brace yourself :D

Good, fast, cheap. Choose any two.

Come let's eat grandpa!

Use punctuation, save lives!

• Replies 657
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does anybody know when Patch 5 will be released? To the developers why can't you make it simple on joystick commands to switch weapons (either guns and missles and bombs or both) I have to go to the MSFD panel and hit all kinds of buttons to fire a missle. I use to have Lock On years ago and it was very simple to either go missles or guns or both.

Thank You

Jaye

Seattle

:lol: :lol: Is there "the funnies post" ladder somewhere?

Thermaltake Kandalf LCS | Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R | Etasis ET750 (850W Max) | i7-920 OC to 4.0 GHz | Gigabyte HD5850 | OCZ Gold 6GB DDR3 2000 | 2 X 30GB OCZ Vertex SSD in RAID 0 | ASUS VW266H 25.5" | LG Blue Ray 10X burner | TIR 5 | Saitek X-52 Pro | Logitech G930 | Saitek Pro flight rudder pedals | Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit

Allow me to translate jayef69's post:

I'm very impatient and care nothing for the quality of your work! While you're taking your time, would you mind turning this simulator into a video game for those of us who spend too much time cleaning up bong water to read a manual. GOSH! (does his best Napoleon Dynamite).

It's a good thing that this is Early Access and we've all volunteered to help test and enhance this work in progress... despite the frustrations inherent in the task with even the simplest of software... otherwise people might not understand that this incredibly complex unfinished module is unfinished. /light-hearted sarcasm

To the developers why can't you make it simple on joystick commands to switch weapons (either guns and missiles and bombs or both) I have to go to the MSFD panel and hit all kinds of buttons to fire a missile.

If you enable Game Avionics Mode on the options screen you can use D to cycle through weapons. You may also want to select Game Flight Mode while you're at it. Make sure you've got the "Use these settings for all missions" option at the bottom of the screen ticked, otherwise some missions may override your options.

If you don't want to play it in game mode, then you'll be playing in simulation mode. And in that case, the weapon systems work (more or less) how they do in reality.

Thank You

Jaye

Seattle

Blasphemy!!! .... :shocking: :cry:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

http://www.69squadrone.it

S.O: Win7 64bit

MB: ASUS 1366 P6X58D-E (Audio card integrated)

CPU: INTEL Core i7 950 3.06Ghz 8MB

GPU: GTX470 Gainward 1280MB GDDR5 "Golden Sample"

HD: Western Digital 500GB WD5000AAKS 7200rpm 16MB

RAM: DDR3 1333Mhz PC10666 6GB Kingston

Accessories:TrackIR5 6DOF, Hotas Cougar.

If you enable Game Avionics Mode on the options screen you can use D to cycle through weapons. You may also want to select Game Flight Mode while you're at it. Make sure you've got the "Use these settings for all missions" option at the bottom of the screen ticked, otherwise some missions may override your options.

I had no idea what "D" did in this so-called "Game Mode", nor do I plan to use this information at any point in the future!!

Now, let me ask, how do you even know this information? Were you kind enough to look it up for him, or is there something you'd like to tell us about the way you utilize this fine simulation?

I'm going to to view your future posts with mild suspicion.

(I kid...

...or do I?!)

;)

i7 7700K @5.0, 1080Ti, 32GB DDR4, HMD Odyssey, TM WH, Crosswind Rudder...

Now, let me ask, how do you even know this information? Were you kind enough to look it up for him, or is there something you'd like to tell us about the way you utilize this fine simulation?

Yes I looked it up in the game options, set the options to game avionics & flight model, ran one of the instant action missions, and tested it out a bit. I figured if the OP was expecting something like FC then he might be happier with game mode.

• Like 1