Do the Germans build good aircraft or what?

Phantom453

2x Spitfires vs 2x Fw 190 Doras (Instant Action Spitfire dogfight mission)

This guy just kept on fighting and was fully maneuverable at full power in this condition (first image) :music_whistling:

Wasn't until his left wing finally got shot off that he decided to call it a day and bailout (second image).

End result - both Fw 190's destroyed and I cooked my engine and had to belly land my Spit in a paddock. Only my wingman came out unscathed.

I think the damage model and its interaction with the flight model might still need a bit of tweeking??

Screen_161217_234930.thumb.jpg.517b62a8586119b3bf184ea10b5ac207.jpg

Screen_161217_235009.thumb.jpg.99d730b8cb0cd71824adbcaffdd87bc7.jpg

It`s not SFM.

Yesterday i lost 1/3 my left wing in mid air collision with debris from my target on public server and i was able not only to fly but i did "perfect" landing too with full flaps and L/G down.

I have track if developers will need it.

IMO it is bug.

F-15E | F-14A/B

P-51D | P-47D | Mosquito FB Mk VI |Spitfire | Fw 190D | Fw 190A | Bf 109K |  WWII Assets Pack

Normandy 2 | The Channel | Sinai | Syria | PG | NTTR | South Atlantic 

F/A-18 | F-86 | F-16C | A-10C | FC-3 | CA | SC |

Yes, you are right.

BUT

At low speed u have to feel huge impact on FM but i did not register it yesterday.

It was not my first "wing lost". But first when i did not have any trouble to keep D-9 in air after it, no speaking about landing. (it was reason why i saved track)

F-15E | F-14A/B

P-51D | P-47D | Mosquito FB Mk VI |Spitfire | Fw 190D | Fw 190A | Bf 109K |  WWII Assets Pack

Normandy 2 | The Channel | Sinai | Syria | PG | NTTR | South Atlantic 

F/A-18 | F-86 | F-16C | A-10C | FC-3 | CA | SC |

It`s not SFM.

Yesterday i lost 1/3 my left wing in mid air collision with debris from my target on public server and i was able not only to fly but i did "perfect" landing too with full flaps and L/G down.

I have track if developers will need it.

IMO it is bug.

It is the SFM, AI isn't using the modules FM

Every AI plane uses the SFM, so they can do stuff that we couldn't in that module

The uplift is not proportional to the length of the wing but its proportional to the wing area. So if you lose the half of your wing, you dont lose the half of your wing area/wing uplift. Therefore its of course possible to fly like this.

Edited by PicksKing

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Gainward RTX 2080 OC | i7 8700K OC | 32GB G.Skill RipJaws V DDR4 3600 MHz | MSI Z370-A PRO | Samsung 970 EVO 500GB

This guy just kept on fighting and was fully maneuverable at full power in this condition (first image) :music_whistling:

Wasn't until his left wing finally got shot off that he decided to call it a day and bailout (second image).

AI units in DCS use SFM not AFM , the result, you can see with you eyes Units fly perfectly with no control surfaces , tons of holes in them, have insane turn rates etc , same happens to me with the mustangs, against AI i must rip his wings apart or kill his pilot .. the engine dmg and the rest does not work. In mp .. most of the times it takes 2 or 3 bullets to hit the engine of a mustang and his engine is down due to AFM and the rest of the advanced damage system. Once i chopped the entire wing off an AI M-2000C and he just kept on fighting like it was nothing (i still have the screenshots heheh) .. with ONE WING LOL. It's the AI SFM.. They said it's going to be fixed .. not soon because DCS it's 90% multiplayer :)

I hammered a FW-190 yesterday in my Spitfire.

Since both of his ailerons blew off, I figured it was a kill and only a matter of time before his lack of control caused a crash.

NOPE. The AI got second wind and pilot made amazing repairs to the wings as I flew by waiting for him to auger. He ended up OHK'ing me with a cannon to the engine.

Dozens of shots to his plane with 303 and 20mm sever his control surfaces. He's fine. A cannon round to my plane, I'm dead.

I'm glad they're working on this! My top complaint about DCS along with the AI SFM Super Plane Powers and omniscient SA.

I gotta joke about it.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Zilch79's YouTube Channel:

As others have already said, the AI does use a simple flight model, that causes these things. I can only recommend to fly online against other humans that have use the same advanced flight model that you have to use.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Yup, the rubbish AI makes for tough offline training.

But it's really good offline training! The AI's insane energy retention really teaches you not to blow your energy. I found I got much better by practicing against the AI regularly, especially in an aircraft that is worse at turn fighting (e.g. P-51 vs 109 AI or FW-190 vs P-51 AI). Going 2v1 against them is also great for learning to track multiple targets.

When you go online you spend a lot of time padding around looking for a fight. Not so against the AI, who you can practice against more or less continuously. Ultimately they are not as challenging as the best human pilots, as the AI is very predictable, but they really helped me "level up" my pilot :)

But it's really good offline training! The AI's insane energy retention really teaches you not to blow your energy. I found I got much better by practicing against the AI regularly, especially in an aircraft that is worse at turn fighting (e.g. P-51 vs 109 AI or FW-190 vs P-51 AI).

190 vs P-51 AI is a reaaaaaally good training scenario. Probably the only offline scenario that is actually challenging

My controls & seat

Main controls: , BRD-N v4 Flightstick (Kreml C5 controller), TM Warthog Throttle (Kreml F3 controller), BRD-F2 Restyling Bf-109 Pedals w. damper, TrackIR5, Gametrix KW-908 (integrated into RAV4 seat)

Stick grips:

Thrustmaster Warthog

Thrustmaster Cougar (x2)

Thrustmaster F-16 FLCS

BRD KG13

Standby controls:

BRD-M2 Mi-8 Pedals (Ruddermaster controller)

BRD-N v3 Flightstick w. exch. grip upgrade (Kreml C5 controller)

Thrustmaster Cougar Throttle

Pilot seat

190 vs P-51 AI is a reaaaaaally good training scenario. Probably the only offline scenario that is actually challenging

Yes, I've only been able to do it one of two ways. Either tricking them into blowing their energy and then booming and zooming them (easy mode). Or the more challenging way of winning at scissors. The scissors is actually quite easy to win as the AI isn't very good at it, but the problem is that ridiculous non-stalling climb of theirs. You can beat them in the scissors and then they just point the nose up and just go up and up, and you can't hold very long for the shot. Then they drop down and you have to start all over again from scratch. Eventually you can damage them enough that they die, but it can take ages.

If anyone has regularly beat them any other way I'd love to see it :)

• 4 weeks later...

Yes... the AI are a bit out of reality...

I am having issues with my Axis flight sticks.... both the VBK and the Saitek controllers have been VERY difficult to use smoothly... like a ON.OFF feeling....

Messed around with all kinds of Axis tuning in the DCS game and still not much better... The spit in particular makes shooting down any AI a real issue..

Just a few odd things happen to me today... Sorry if off tropic... :cry:

I must have been on a marshmallow stick?

Screen_170114_172135.thumb.jpg.f16d1d4e29c8970f6a6f6f8b2ed23d0a.jpg

Screen_170114_172155.thumb.jpg.5cc599abd09b4ba2883f2b3eccf9493d.jpg

Screen_170118_150659.thumb.jpg.4f7d10d24b4841dd09522d313fcabfbb.jpg

Edited by Hermit713