Mirage STILL Pulls to the Left

haffende

Just an idea, Could it be a braking of the left wheel compared with the right wheel?

MSI Z97 Gaming 5 - Intel I7 4790K - Artic cooling freezer 7 pro rev 2 - GSKILL 32 Go - SSD Crucial M5 120 go - SSD Crucial 2To - HDD western digital caviar blue 1 TO - Gigabyte GTX 1070 Gaming G1 - Windows 10 home 64 bits

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi guys, for those that have the aircraft turning on you with no wind, I'm still trying to recreate this issue and have been unsuccessful still. Like Az mentioned, please give all the details you can:

- Controls you have

- Any customization you have to the controls

- Mission

- Environmental Conditions

- Track

- Aircraft loadout

For the wind effectiveness issue, I am continuing to work on the effect crosswind has on the aircraft at low aircraft speed.

Yeah I'm confused by those having problems when there's no wind.

FWIW here's two tracks from the NTTR cold start mission, one as default with the wind and one where I removed the wind. With the wing tanks on I literally can't keep it on the runway without some right toe brake, as you'll see me demonstrate. With the wing tanks off it's still difficult but not quite that ridiculous.

Wind.trk

No wind.trk

Intel 9600K@4.9GHz, Asus Z390, 32GB DDR4, EVGA RTX 3070, Custom Water Cooling, 970 EVO 1TB NVMe

34" UltraWide 3440x1440 Curved Monitor, 21" Touch Screen MFD monitor, TIR5

My Pit Build, VKB Gunfighter Pro w/WH Grip, TMWH Throttle, MFG Crosswinds W/Combat Pedals, Cougar MFDs, Custom A-10C panels, Custom Helo Collective, SimShaker with Transducer

Are You using NWS (DIRAV) during take off run ?

That may be a help but it does not fix the issue nor is it acceptable practice beyond a certain speed.

Lifting off while artificially holding the nose wheel down for an extended period leads to disaster when the aircraft starts to lift without prior compensation for the crosswind. ie., rudder and ailerons to compensate.

NWS should auto-disengage at 40 mph anyways, doesn't it?

Specs:

i9 10900K @ 5.1 GHz, EVGA GTX 1080Ti, MSI Z490 MEG Godlike, 32GB DDR4 @ 3600, Win 10, Samsung S34E790C, Vive, TIR5, 10cm extended Warthog on WarBRD, Crosswinds

Right... I just woke up, so that's my excuse. :)

Specs:

i9 10900K @ 5.1 GHz, EVGA GTX 1080Ti, MSI Z490 MEG Godlike, 32GB DDR4 @ 3600, Win 10, Samsung S34E790C, Vive, TIR5, 10cm extended Warthog on WarBRD, Crosswinds

Are You using NWS (DIRAV) during take off run ?

Yes, the tracks are right there if you wish to watch them.

Intel 9600K@4.9GHz, Asus Z390, 32GB DDR4, EVGA RTX 3070, Custom Water Cooling, 970 EVO 1TB NVMe

34" UltraWide 3440x1440 Curved Monitor, 21" Touch Screen MFD monitor, TIR5

My Pit Build, VKB Gunfighter Pro w/WH Grip, TMWH Throttle, MFG Crosswinds W/Combat Pedals, Cougar MFDs, Custom A-10C panels, Custom Helo Collective, SimShaker with Transducer

• 2 weeks later...

Are people still getting this issue? Was there a resolution to this?

I just bought the Mirage this weekend and running in Nevada it's just constantly pulling to the left during takeoff. I don't have pedals so I use the twist stick on my X52 Pro but it doesn't make any differences with full deflection.

This was during the NEVADA Cold Start instant action mission. I'll try another mission without any winds to see if that helps.

i7-4790K@4.7GHz : EVGA 1070 SC : 16GB Corsair Vengence Pro : 2xEVO 840 SSD : EVGA 850W PSU : CORSAIR H100i Cooler : ASUS Z97-AR MB : CORSAIR OBSIDIAN 750D FULL TOWER

I just bought the Mirage this weekend and running in Nevada it's just constantly pulling to the left during takeoff. I don't have pedals so I use the twist stick on my X52 Pro but it doesn't make any differences with full deflection.

This was during the NEVADA Cold Start instant action mission. I'll try another mission without any winds to see if that helps.

No problem here

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Youtube

Reddit

I have that still in the Nevada "Take off" mission. Haven't tried the "Cold Start" mission.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i7 10700K OC 5.1GHZ / 500GB SSD & 1TB M:2 & 4TB HDD / MSI Gaming MB / GTX 1080 / 32GB RAM / Win 10 / TrackIR 4 Pro / CH Pedals / TM Warthog

For the record I'm going to put this down to my own flying style. Having tested this now a few times I've come to the conclusion it's down to me rather than the aircraft and I can more or less nail it down the centre line after some practice. I discovered that feeding in some rudder before starting to roll helps counter the crosswind further along the takeoff. If I start rolling without rudder than by the time I get to 70+ it has no effect at countering crosswind and I end up veering sideways. However, pre-feed in some rudder prior to rolling and voila, I have much better control during the later stage of the takeoff and my rudder adjustments have a more effective impact. I have no idea if this is realistic behaviour (in this revision of the FM) but I've definitely got the hang of it now.

i7-4790K@4.7GHz : EVGA 1070 SC : 16GB Corsair Vengence Pro : 2xEVO 840 SSD : EVGA 850W PSU : CORSAIR H100i Cooler : ASUS Z97-AR MB : CORSAIR OBSIDIAN 750D FULL TOWER

For the record I'm going to put this down to my own flying style. Having tested this now a few times I've come to the conclusion it's down to me rather than the aircraft and I can more or less nail it down the centre line after some practice. I discovered that feeding in some rudder before starting to roll helps counter the crosswind further along the takeoff. If I start rolling without rudder than by the time I get to 70+ it has no effect at countering crosswind and I end up veering sideways. However, pre-feed in some rudder prior to rolling and voila, I have much better control during the later stage of the takeoff and my rudder adjustments have a more effective impact. I have no idea if this is realistic behaviour (in this revision of the FM) but I've definitely got the hang of it now.

See post 58 re: crosswind affect on aircraft comment - evaluating:

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=2754393&postcount=58

After last update I have same problem but to the right. I am doing the cold start mission and it pulles to the right like crazy as you get speed down the runway. Nothing I can do full rudder and wheel brakes can keep it straight.

Rig: 5960X @ 4.5GHZ 32GB 3000Mhz DDR4 Titan XP Dell 3415W 21:9 Thrustmaster Warthog

After last update I have same problem but to the right. I am doing the cold start mission and it pulles to the right like crazy as you get speed down the runway. Nothing I can do full rudder and wheel brakes can keep it straight.

Same here. I just became painfully aware of this again after having flown 1.5. for a while...

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

• 1 month later...

I just bought the module and didn't know about this problem. It veers to the left like crazy on the instant action "Take-off". This happens both in NTTR and Caucasus (1.5.3). Seeing that this has been discussed since december without a solution makes me a bit sad. :cry: I really hope this will be resolved soon since it's kind of a game breaker.

I just bought the module and didn't know about this problem. It veers to the left like crazy on the instant action "Take-off". This happens both in NTTR and Caucasus (1.5.3). Seeing that this has been discussed since december without a solution makes me a bit sad. :cry: I really hope this will be resolved soon since it's kind of a game breaker.

The beta patch has a ton of content that is missing in stable and alpha, and I believe this was resolved in it. Unfortunately there hasn't been a stable/alpha patch in many weeks so although Razbam was updating the plane, the fixes weren't making their way to us.

Millenix | 68th Virtual Fighter Squadron

AV8B | AJS-37 | F-5E | Mig-21bis | P-51D | Spitfire Mk IX | Bf-109 | M-2000C | A-10C | U1-H1 | Ka-50 | FC3

The beta patch has a ton of content that is missing in stable and alpha, and I believe this was resolved in it. Unfortunately there hasn't been a stable/alpha patch in many weeks so although Razbam was updating the plane, the fixes weren't making their way to us.

So if I understand you it should be fixed in 1.5.4? That would be great if that's the case!

• 3 weeks later...