KA50 shooting rockets in Syria, looks strange....

I'm pretty sure they're just the usual unguided rockets. That's how it looks like firing them.

That's a Ka-52 btw, not a Ka-50. ;)

Edited by QuiGon

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Oh, sorry, did a visual mistake there. :D

Anyway, I looked around about "guided" rockets and there seems to be upgraded versions of the S5, S8 and S13 rockets which are laserguided.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ugroza

I wonder if Ugroza rockets can be utilized by two KA50:s as in the video, hence one KA-50 is lasing, and the the another just shooting withouth pointing the nose directly to the ground.

This would indeed be very awesome when playing coop or in multiplayer.

But....do you not notice the angle of rockets compared to the helicopter? It surley looks like the rockets does not go in the same direction of the helicopter nose....

There's always going to be some deviation upon launch.

Reformers hate him! This one weird trick found by a bush pilot will make gunfighter obsessed old farts angry at your multi-role carrier deck line up!

If they where guided, why fire so many? Looks like they are attacking an area.

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Thank you for you patience.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

But....do you not notice the angle of rockets compared to the helicopter? It surley looks like the rockets does not go in the same direction of the helicopter nose....

Unguided rockets are like a shotgun, area attack weapon.

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Thank you for you patience.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

The launchers don't have to point exactly in the direction of travel. They can be installed at a tilted angle and it also depends on the flight attitude of the helo.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg