Any news on ground radar

silent one

I seem to remember reading in the f/a 18 features list that ground radar will be implemented. Now worryingly when I read the features list I cant seem to find a reference to this. Likely Im looking in the wrong places. But it makes me nervous after the wait for Nevada after A10 preorder. Is there any news about a time line for this? I dont understand why so little is said about the ground radar. Its fundamental to the platform.

Ground radar API was created. But it wont be integrated into the DCS AN/APG-73 radar until after the early access release of the DCS: F/A-18C.

Right now they are working on the A2A portion of the APG-73 RWS, STT, and ACM modes which will be available with the release of the jet in EA.

• 3 months later...
I remember the old Jane's F/A-18C simulation and there being the capability to pick up ground and sea moving objects. Is this part of the future radar capability?

Ground and Sea mode will be coming. The question is, will we be getting the APG-73 Phase II with SAR imaging....

Win 10 Pro 64Bit | 49" UWHD AOC 5120x1440p | AMD 5900x | 64Gb DDR4 | RX 6900XT

The question is, will we be getting the APG-73 Phase II with SAR imaging....

I really hope so...

PC: i7-13700K - MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X Trio - 32GB DDR5 6200 - VPC MongoosT-50CM3 - VKB GF pro - MFG Crosswind - Msi MPG321UR-QD + Acer XB271HU - TrackIR5 - Rift S

Ground and Sea mode will be coming. The question is, will we be getting the APG-73 Phase II with SAR imaging....

WE aught to.

the FA18C lot 20 was produced in 1998. From what ive read upgrade to Phase 2 standards began in 1999 with the final delivery being completed by 2006. IT would of had it by this point given our Hornet is 21st century era ( mid 2000s) with its various upgrades ( such as AMPCD, HMCS + Aim9x , EGI, Link 16)

Edited by Kev2go

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z790 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 12700k ,Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 64gb ram (3600 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia RTX 3080 12gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; Samsung 970 EVo, , Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD,  WD 1TB HDD

WE aught to.

the FA18C lot 20 was produced in 1998. From what ive read upgrade to Phase 2 standards began in 1999 with the final delivery being completed by 2006. IT would of had it by this point given our Hornet is 21st century era ( mid 2000s) with its various upgrades ( such as AMPCD, HMCS + Aim9x , EGI, Link 16)

I agree; there has been no formal or official announcement of the specific A/G radar submodes and capabilities - at least that I can remember. So I am trying to temper my expectations until we get the official word from ED or Wags.

Win 10 Pro 64Bit | 49" UWHD AOC 5120x1440p | AMD 5900x | 64Gb DDR4 | RX 6900XT

I agree; there has been no formal or official announcement of the specific A/G radar submodes and capabilities - at least that I can remember. So I am trying to temper my expectations until we get the official word from ED or Wags.

This are the sensors and Radar modes of the DCS F/A-18C Hornet (available AFTER the EA)

Sensors:

A/A radar with TWS, SCAN RAID, AZ/EL

A/G radar with MAP, EXP1, EXP2, EXP3, SEA, GMT, PVU, AGR, IRA, and TA

AN/ASQ-228 ATFLIR Targeting Pod

Joint Helmet Mounted Cueing System (JHMCS)

Link-16

AWW-13 Datalink Pod

NVGs

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3285514&postcount=13

Edited by Weasel

I believe EXP 3 is otherwise known as "Medium Resolution SAR"

MAP = Real Beam Mapping (Likely includes option for Doppler beam Sharpening on the sides of the RBM)

EXP 1 & 2 = Doppler Beam Sharpening (different resolutions / doppler/range bin processing)

EXP 3 = Medium Resolution SAR (range fixed)

SEA = Surface Search

GMT = Ground Moving Target (likely includes indication and tracking)

PVU = Precision Velocity Update

AGR = Air to Ground Ranging

TA = Terrain Avoidance

IRA = :dunno:

Strike Eagle III boy does that bring back memories... My Turbo 286 with EGA graphics was mind blowing! —- sarcastically speaking

Alienware Area 51 R5 - Intel i9 7980XE (4.7 GHz), 32GB Dual Channel HyperX DDR4 XMP, Dual NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Graphics 11GB GDDR5X SLI, 4.5 TB combo of SSDs/HDDs, Alienware 1500 Watt Multi-GPU Power Supply, Alienware 25” 240Hz Gaming Monitor, Alienware Pro Gaming Keyboard, TM HOTAS, TM Cougar F-16C MFDs, Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals, TrackIR5, Win10 Pro x64

• 9 months later...