Helios AP anunciator

kidogofoto

Hi guys,

In the past I've been an avid Viperpit builder, and really (it's been more than 10 years) the world has changed. What meriad of options are available now with Arduinos and cheap screens etc.

I'm now doing a simple desktop pit. It's more or less a universal design so I can accomodate the most necessary guages and controls for just about any type of aircraft.

I've been fiddling with Helios for three or four days now, and I managed to get the obvious stuff going. However, there's one little thing I cannot seem to get to work as I'ld like.

I have a couple of anunciators in this desktop pit. Just on-screen, really (so it's the Helios anunciators). I am trying to get one of them to indicate whether AP (AutoPilot) is engaged or not. No matter what I try (toggle or set, various Autopilot category input values), as I press the AP button on the Warthog throttle I see the AP anunciator light up just shortly or I see it toggle ON but it is never in sync with the real autopilot status.

How can I fix this? There is no autopilot engaged input from DCS to Helios it seems to me.. just button presses.

Any suggestions?

Just another airhead :megalol:

kidogofoto;

In 'Helios', an annunciator can done several ways, as text label which has two text colors. One for On(lit) and one for Off(un-lit), or two images can be used to do this. You say you tried (toggle or Set), but you don't say what you are toggling or setting or where in the profile you are doing this.

Could you attach your profile to your post and I'll have a look at it to see if I can tell why it isn't working.

Edited by DeJohn

kidogofoto;

In 'Helios', an annunciator can done several ways, as text label which has two text colors. One for On(lit) and one for Off(un-lit), or two images can be used to do this. You say you tried (toggle or Set), but you don't say what you are toggling or setting or where in the profile you are doing this.

Could you attach your profile to your post and I'll have a look at it to see if I can tell why it isn't working.

Thanks DeJohn,

I have a very simple profile just to test this AP anunciator. I have six in total in this profile, just to test different combinations. None of them give the obvious needed result which is AP ON -> anunciator on. I know for sure that I am missing something, hopefully you can clarify ;)

AP Anunciator test.hpf.txt

kidogofoto;

I looked at your profile and its just a slight error, easy to fix.

The issue is when TM made the Throttle A10C didn't have an indicator for AP on/off state, so they used a momentary pushbutton to turn it on and off. This is the reason in your profile the indicator lights while you are pressing the button.

To get the annunciator to work as you want it to do the following....

-- Open your profile in Helios Editor;

-- Click FILE on the menu bar and choose 'Add Interface';

-- Choose Throttle - HOTAS Warthog;

-- Click on your AP annunciator to highlight it;

In the bindings window make sure the Input tap is selected;

-- Open the Throttle - HOTAS Warthog interface and scroll down to button #26;

-- Left click on Button 26 and drag it over to the 'Toggle Indicator' position

-- Save profile, and you're all set

Hope this helps

kidogofoto;

I looked at your profile and its just a slight error, easy to fix.

The issue is when TM made the Throttle A10C didn't have an indicator for AP on/off state, so they used a momentary pushbutton to turn it on and off. This is the reason in your profile the indicator lights while you are pressing the button.

To get the annunciator to work as you want it to do the following....

-- Open your profile in Helios Editor;

-- Click FILE on the menu bar and choose 'Add Interface';

-- Choose Throttle - HOTAS Warthog;

-- Click on your AP annunciator to highlight it;

In the bindings window make sure the Input tap is selected;

-- Open the Throttle - HOTAS Warthog interface and scroll down to button #26;

-- Left click on Button 26 and drag it over to the 'Toggle Indicator' position

-- Save profile, and you're all set

Hope this helps

Thanks, I tried this and although the anunciator toggles nicely now, it's far from representative since whenever I press the AP button and I am not within limits, the AP will not actually get engaged but the anunciator will light up nevertheless.

I'll keep fiddling with this though...