Some bad news, depending on which side you´re on..

Prowler111

• ED Team

Quoting myself from facebook

Thanks for letting us know, a harrier in any form will be a welcome addition to DCS

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bad news for F-15E people like me.

Ill wait then. Good luck with harrier.

i7 2600k -- Noctua NH-D14--Asrock Z75 Pro3--ASUS GTX970 Strix --16Go Ripjaws X 1333--Thermaltake Smart M650--CoolerMaster Silencio 652S--AOC E2752VQ-- Sandisk Extreme II 480GB--Saitek X-52 Pro --SAITEK PZ35 Pedals

Funny that the out of service bird is harder to get info on. I am in the any harrier will be great camp so no worries at all.

British MoD..

The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance.

"Me, the 13th Duke of Wybourne, here on the ED forums at 3 'o' clock in the morning, with my reputation. Are they mad.."

https://ko-fi.com/joey45

ANy radar system in this bird?

The variant we are getting (AV-8B Harrier II Night Attack)

Did not have a radar it instead had Forward looking FLIR optic mounted in the nose.

the AV-8B Harrier II Plus (The variant made soon after the Night attack)

had the APG-65 radar (taken from F-18A aircraft when they where upgraded with the newer APG-73 radar)

That gave it the abillity to use Aim-120 BVR missiles etc and also gave it Air-Ground radar modes instead of the FLIR (it could use Targeting pods like the Litening to make up for the loss of the FLIR).

Im very happy with a AV-8B NA especially since we might get follow up variants later on (GR.7/9 and maby a AV-8B Plus)

But i to look more forward to the A-7 then i do either a harrier II or the F-15E.

But All in Due time i guess ^^.

But any new Striker/attack aircraft is a good addition.

Since im tired of the "Slow" brutes that are the A-10 and Su-25 (Harrier is not "Alot" faster then the Su-25 but still its more agile and feels quicker).

Edit: i mistakenly confused the FLIR and the AN/ASB 19.

The FLIR is mounted ontop of the nose with the AN/ASB 19 being the "thing" mounted in the nose.

Edited by mattebubben

thank you for the post. appreciate the transparency. as you can see, you have the community's support! best wishes on your project, and looking forward to flying her one day! :thumbup:

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

Just a correction, the AV-8B Plus still sports the FLIR over the nose, it was never intended as a targeting device, but more as a NV system(as it exposes the IR image over the HUD).

Read somewhere that Night Attack versions also used litening,in Bagram. will have to investigate on this

Prowler

• ED Team

@Prowler111 (or any of the devs, really)

Are there any plans or talk (that you can speak of, obviously) about including American/British Harrier-capable ships in the future as part of the Harrier modules or as a "down-the-road" DLC?

Example Ships:

UK Invincible-class

US Tarawa-class LHA

US Wasp-class LHD

Heck, it would be nice if you could drive some fuel/ammo trucks up to a pair of Harriers parked on a road to rearm/refuel :smilewink:

I'm planning on buying any/all Harriers regardless.

Edited by Raptor9

Afterburners are for wussies...hang around the battlefield and dodge tracers like a man.
DCS Rotor-Head

Bad news for F-15E people like me.

What?.......because of ground radar issue?

i7 4770k @ 4.5, asus z-87 pro, strix GTX 980ti directcu3oc, 32gb Kingston hyperX 2133, philips 40" 4k monitor, hotas cougar\warthog, track ir 5, Oculus Rift

@Prowler111 (or any of the devs, really)

Are there any plans or talk (that you can speak of, obviously) about including American/British Harrier-capable ships in the future as part of the Harrier modules or as a "down-the-road" DLC?

Example Ships:

UK Invincible-class

US Tarawa-class LHA

US Wasp-class LHD

Heck, it would be nice if you could drive some fuel/ammo trucks up to a pair of Harriers parked on a road to rearm/refuel :smilewink:

I'm planning on buying any/all Harriers regardless.

I would love to, but all resources are concentrated in doing aircraft, BUT if there is someone skilled enough to create these ships, and plans to get something in return, i´m open to chat about it

Best regards

Prowler

bad news? what do you mean? I'm also waiting for the F-15E

I think he means this:

So the road map would be AV-8B Night Attack followed by the GR7/GR9 versions and hopefully the AV-8B Harrier II Plus after at the end.

If Razbam is doing the Beagle, it may be post pone til these planes are done. If I had to pick between the two, it's Harrier all day. I'd kill for a Av-8B Plus, sorry F-15.

But as someone who's been waiting for an AH-1 since Wags mentioned in a podcast in early 2013... I understand.

If Razbam is doing the Beagle, it may be post pone til these planes are done. If I had to pick between the two, it's Harrier all day. I'd kill for a Av-8B Plus, sorry F-15.

Plus, the F-15E is a really complicated module, possibly more complicated than the Hornet (excluding the need to develop carrier ops for the Hornet). Especially since it needs multi-crew support or some form of AI like the upcoming Tomcat.

I remain optimistic that we will have a F-15E module in DCS, but I don't expect it soon. Big projects take time...

On another note, having an AV-8B NA sounds excellent to me. As an american, I have a slight preference for the AV-8B, but I would gladly accept any form of Harrier.

I am very thankful that Razbam is so straightforward/transparent about these issues. I really appreciate that!

-Nick

I think he means this:

If Razbam is doing the Beagle, it may be post pone til these planes are done.

And, in addition to that, the fact that the Mudhen uses both Lantirn and Sniper pods, neither of which are currently modeled in the sim, will push the module release to more than two years away.

Thanks for the honest assessment Prowler. The AV-8B(NA) will be a great module and I look forward to your entire Harrier II line.

Edited by Vampyre

Truly superior pilots are those that use their superior judgment to avoid those situations where they might have to use their superior skills.

If you ever find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck!

"If at first you don't succeed, Carrier Landings are not for you!"