WOW. What have I been missing

Capn Penguin

Spent the day playing online on a couple of servers and WOW! What a marvelously different experience. Looks like next week just got booked solid :)

Cap'n Penguin

a.k.a. Lawndart extraordinaire

i9-9900K Processor - 120mm Liquid Cooling System - 32G (8 GB x 4) DDR4-3200MHz - Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2080 Ti - 11GB - 1 TB Western Digital Blue SSD - Motherboard (MSI MAG Z390 Tomahawk) - Corsair RMX850 PSU - Windows 10 - Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS - Oculus Rift S - Old Lawn chair

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I'm curious too...

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

Not feeling like it was me against the world. I flew Warbirds from IEN for almost 20 years and the feeling of always being a part of something bigger than me is what always kept my wife, yup she flew too, flying. The offline campaigns and missions, though there are "automated friendlies", I still felt like it was simply me running a circuit.

Yesterday there was a group of about 8 of us and we flew together for almost 8 hours on the same server. The teamwork began to gel and soon we had CAP, SEAD and PHDs (Post Hole Diggers). It was that sense of working together and being a part of something and our success or failure depending on all of us working together. It reminded me of how much I miss the social aspect of Warbirds and gave me a glimpse of how really cool DCS can be.

I haven't been able to figure out how to install the "Through the Inferno" dynamic campaigns yet, I have them all downloaded just can't get them working, so maybe that will be more engaging offline. Or maybe I need to find a squadron that flies during the morning US hours and join, but I'm just learning so I don't think I am good enough yet to be an asset, however I have mastered the art of being a detriment :).

Hope that answers y'alls questions.

Cap'n Penguin

i9-9900K Processor - 120mm Liquid Cooling System - 32G (8 GB x 4) DDR4-3200MHz - Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2080 Ti - 11GB - 1 TB Western Digital Blue SSD - Motherboard (MSI MAG Z390 Tomahawk) - Corsair RMX850 PSU - Windows 10 - Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS - Oculus Rift S - Old Lawn chair

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Not feeling like it was me against the world. I flew Warbirds from IEN for almost 20 years and the feeling of always being a part of something bigger than me is what always kept my wife, yup she flew too, flying. The offline campaigns and missions, though there are "automated friendlies", I still felt like it was simply me running a circuit.

Yesterday there was a group of about 8 of us and we flew together for almost 8 hours on the same server. The teamwork began to gel and soon we had CAP, SEAD and PHDs (Post Hole Diggers). It was that sense of working together and being a part of something and our success or failure depending on all of us working together. It reminded me of how much I miss the social aspect of Warbirds and gave me a glimpse of how really cool DCS can be.

I haven't been able to figure out how to install the "Through the Inferno" dynamic campaigns yet, I have them all downloaded just can't get them working, so maybe that will be more engaging offline. Or maybe I need to find a squadron that flies during the morning US hours and join, but I'm just learning so I don't think I am good enough yet to be an asset, however I have mastered the art of being a detriment :).

awesome buddy! great to hear! :thumbup:

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

Hey Val. I remember you. I was with the Swamp Foxes. With Flyp, Brro, Geezer and the gang.

Cap'n Penguin

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

You are correct. She tried to learn the Pony from Daddy, Steve Zarifis, but fell in love with the ki-43 and flew it all cycle long. I will let her know that you remember her. that will make her day. She alway amde me laugh, we'de be late war and the runway would fill with 51-D's Franks, Doras and one little Ki plopped in the middle :)

Cap'n Penguin

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Well, that makes sense now! :thumbup:

Flying together with other human beings is indeed a totally different expierience than flying together with the AI and offers so much more possibilities! :joystick:

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Yup. So my quest today is to find a fun and engaging squadron that flies during my time frame and will allow this old guy to tag along. Heck I'll even change my call sign to "Dead Weight" to acknowledge my place in the food chain. :)

Cap'n Penguin

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]