RAZBAM simulations developing for DCS

Nate--IRL--

MiG-23 / MiG-19

I've read and heard a lot of speculations around the MiG-23 and I simply wanna know once and for all why it's not gonna be? I mean, what went wrong? Does the same apply to the MiG-19 as well?

S!

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Cold War 1947 - 1991                                       Discord
Helicopters Tournaments
Combined Arms Tournaments

You can help me with keeping up the server via PayPal donations: hokumyounis@yahoo.com

• Replies 576
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've read and heard a lot of speculations around the MiG-23 and I simply wanna know once and for all why it's not gonna be? I mean, what went wrong? Does the same apply to the MiG-19 as well?

S!

This was specifically addresses already.

RAZBAM made the announcement of the Mig-23 prior to talking with ED, licensing was granted to another party and RAZBAM is going to put their efforts to something else. (paraphrasing)

Win 10 Pro 64Bit | 49" UWHD AOC 5120x1440p | AMD 5900x | 64Gb DDR4 | RX 6900XT

This was specifically addresses already.

RAZBAM made the announcement of the Mig-23 prior to talking with ED, licensing was granted to another party and RAZBAM is going to put their efforts to something else. (paraphrasing)

No, that's not what ED said. ED said that the project was not available. Anything beyond that is speculation.

• ED Team

They only really commented on RAZBAM, and gave a reason why. It's not really worth talking about until an official press release comes of course.

At this point its a glass half full or half empty. I try and look at it as half full ;)

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

No, that's not what ED said. ED said that the project was not available. Anything beyond that is speculation.

par·a·phrase

ˈperəˌfrāz/

verb

gerund or present participle: paraphrasing

express the meaning of (the writer or speaker or something written or spoken) using different words, especially to achieve greater clarity.

synonyms: reword, rephrase, put/express in other words, rewrite, gloss

"the reporter was not quoting directly but paraphrasing her remarks"

Hopefully that definition helps you out there buddy....

I didn't have an ounce of desire to look up the exact verbiage; if Alpen can't be troubled to read the boards I can't be troubled to hold his hand...

So at this time you will neither confirm nor deny that a MiG-23 is being actively worked on by ED or any of their partners?

It's not his place to make announcements, he did give you the direct quote for Wags....

Hopefully that definition helps you out there buddy....

I didn't have an ounce of desire to look up the exact verbiage; if Alpen can't be troubled to read the boards I can't be troubled to hold his hand...

I don't have a problem with paraphrasing, I've got a problem with changing what's said. It's very important to manage expectations, and there could be a dozen reasons of why RAZBAM working on the module wasn't according to ED's plans, but we shouldn't project our own desires onto what's actually said.

It's not his place to make announcements, he did give you the direct quote for Wags....

Sith on occasion gives us insight into what ED is doing, so asking him to elaborate on something isn't out of line, the person asking just needs to know the question might not get answered.

I don't have a problem with paraphrasing, I've got a problem with changing what's said.

Nope.

It's very important to manage expectations,
Your expectations are your own doing...

and there could be a dozen reasons of why RAZBAM working on the module wasn't according to ED's plans,
Sure, but there isn't.

but we shouldn't project our own desires onto what's actually said.

No desires are being projected, you simply need to start reading the forums in other languages and you'd learn more about "the other team."

Thanks for all the replies. All I wanted to hear is that the MiG-23 wasn't cancelled as Matt Wagner wrote. Now I can sleep like a baby!

S!

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

You can help me with keeping up the server via PayPal donations: hokumyounis@yahoo.com

I speak English, Japanese and Bad English, not Russian, do you have a translation of the specific posts concerning the "other team" working on the project?

"Other Team" can be BSK, the others 3rd parties or a new team on the Shadows, "reserve" the module develop. A similar situation pass with the Mig-15, a team talk to make them some years ago and was "deny" but BSK was reserved them previously and was make some work in progress.

"Other Team" can be BSK, the others 3rd parties or a new team on the Shadows, "reserve" the module develop. A similar situation pass with the Mig-15, a team talk to make them some years ago and was "deny" but BSK was reserved them previously and was make some work in progress.

Oh I'm not wondering who the other team is, I'm just wondering which post says that someone is working on it at all. I just want to be able to give accurate information in the future, and if there's a post that says definitively that someone is working on the module, I'd love to know about it.

Is this solid information?!

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

Oh I'm not wondering who the other team is, I'm just wondering which post says that someone is working on it at all. I just want to be able to give accurate information in the future, and if there's a post that says definitively that someone is working on the module, I'd love to know about it.

Actually, ED, BSK or a official 3rd parties not go confirm or deny the development of Mig-23 on WIP "if" the other team has someone of them, remember the problems with "confirm" old modules road-maps and the "storm" formed on the forums some years ago about them (examples has a lot about them).

If someone work actually about a Mig-23, surely only can confirm them with a "official" newsletter by ED or 3rd party official news. Only can take care and wait what happens in the future.

Edited by Silver_Dragon

I speak English, Japanese and Bad English, not Russian, do you have a translation of the specific posts concerning the "other team" working on the project?

Google translate is your friend. No, I'm not digging through the thread again to find all the details. Enjoy.

• Like 1

Google translate is your friend. No, I'm not digging through the thread again to find all the details. Enjoy.

I just did. There's nothing in that thread that's new. The guys that posted WIP images are the same guys that Razbam are working with on the '19 and whose '23 project is the one that was stopped.

Even Chizh won't give the game away :P

Edited by Buzzles
  • Like 1