AoA Sensor going crazy?

D4n

With specific winds (2 m/s on ground), is it realisitic that AoA sensor goes crazy, pointing in areas of the gauge where usually never occur in flight and AoA alarm going on on the ground?

DCS Wishlist: 2K11 Krug SA-4 Ganef SAM, VR-TrackIR icons next to player names in score-chart

PvP: 100+ manual player-kills with Stingers on a well known dynamic campaign server - 100+ VTOL FARP landings & 125+ hours AV-8B, F-14 crew, royal dutch airforce F-16C - PvP campaigns since 2013

DCS server-admins: please adhere to a common sense gaming industry policy as most server admins throughout the industry do. (After all there's enough hostility on the internet already which really doesn't help anyone. Thanks.)

Dell Visor VR headset, Ryzen 5 5600 (6C/12T), RTX 2060 - basic DCS-community rule-of-thumb: Don't believe bad things that a PvP pilot claims about another PvP pilot without having analyzed the existing evidence

yeah just strange that Su-25T seems to be the only DCS aircraft with such a sensitive sensor

DCS Wishlist: 2K11 Krug SA-4 Ganef SAM, VR-TrackIR icons next to player names in score-chart

PvP: 100+ manual player-kills with Stingers on a well known dynamic campaign server - 100+ VTOL FARP landings & 125+ hours AV-8B, F-14 crew, royal dutch airforce F-16C - PvP campaigns since 2013

DCS server-admins: please adhere to a common sense gaming industry policy as most server admins throughout the industry do. (After all there's enough hostility on the internet already which really doesn't help anyone. Thanks.)

Dell Visor VR headset, Ryzen 5 5600 (6C/12T), RTX 2060 - basic DCS-community rule-of-thumb: Don't believe bad things that a PvP pilot claims about another PvP pilot without having analyzed the existing evidence

vane spins, I know, but betty doesn't b..ch around with (for example) "caution! caution!" at that moment :P

beep, beep, beep, beep, beep

As far as I know no other DCS plane make angry the pilot via AOA false warning on the ground, weight on wheels sensors on state.

My usual reaction to the crazy plane is rightShift+N, to silence all warnings,

and I takeoff with that state and leave warnings in silence during the whole mission.

I don't get any more warnings because I always forget to switch back on warnings which has no indication of state by own.

In my opinion Su-25 AOA false warning is a very bad design decision from ED.

This could be the first experience from the free to play game. A very negative one. :music_whistling:

GTX 1070 8GB, 16GB DDR3, W8.1 on SSD, DCS on another SSD

As far as I know no other DCS plane make angry the pilot via AOA false warning on the ground, weight on wheels sensors on state.

My usual reaction to the crazy plane is rightShift+N, to silence all warnings,

and I takeoff with that state and leave warnings in silence during the whole mission.

I don't get any more warnings because I always forget to switch back on warnings which has no indication of state by own.

In my opinion Su-25 AOA false warning is a very bad design decision from ED.

This could be the first experience from the free to play game. A very negative one. :music_whistling:

Depends if the real thing does it, maybe Sukhoi design decision

Black Shark Den Squadron Member: We are open to new recruits, click here to check us out or apply to join! https://blacksharkden.com

E3FFFC01-584A-411C-8AFB-B02A23157EB6.jpeg

• ED Team

Wind on the ground will affect the AOA warning.

If you think it is wrong please always include a track replay

Thanks

• Thanks 1

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

So maybe a new client-option for pilots who don't want to mute entire audio-system would be useful, to make AoA alarm muted while on the ground :) (go post in DCS wishlist! :) )

• 8 months later...

I bet the real thing does it.

Sensitive variometers with audio notification turned 'on' do this all the time on the ground when wind gusts blow over the aircraft. I see no reason why AoA would not do the same thing.

This actually improves safety during take offs and landings and taxing as an indicator of turbulence.  

But switching it off is always an option...  

P.S. As a pilot, one should have nerves and not get easily annoyed over a few beeps and cautions here and there. 😉  This makes them the "right stuff".

• Like 1