Mirage 2000 Cockpit Indication Fix

sedenion

New version 1.7.1 Mod released. This version is both suitable for current DCS Stable release ( 2.5.6.49798 ) and last Open-Beta release ( 2.5.6.50321 ).

This version fixes somes issues of the previous version :

- Modified RWR Air threat symbol.

- Fixed RWR DDM threat sprite.

- Fixed HUD half-sized horizon line.

- Fixel HUD dynmatic line element color mismatch.

- Tuned colors.

All links are, as usual, located in the first page of this topic.

Hi Sedenion,

Thanks a lot for your quick response with fix 1.7.1.

I forgot to inform you that the "HUD half-sized horizon line" problem existed also in approach mode but after checking your fix it was not too difficult to find out the correction required.

It's in the folder: VTH -> file : "HUD_base_appr.lua" -> part : Pitch Ladder -> line : "local pl_hor_line = create_vth_textured_box(0, 6, 1024, 12) -- ( 0, 5, 2048, 12".

After writing back the original value 2048 instead of 1024, problem solved.

It would be very kind of you to confirm whether it's the correct solution.

thanks

Thanks a lot for your quick response with fix 1.7.1.

I forgot to inform you that the "HUD half-sized horizon line" problem existed also in approach mode but after checking your fix it was not too difficult to find out the correction required.

It's in the folder: VTH -> file : "HUD_base_appr.lua" -> part : Pitch Ladder -> line : "local pl_hor_line = create_vth_textured_box(0, 6, 1024, 12) -- ( 0, 5, 2048, 12".

After writing back the original value 2048 instead of 1024, problem solved.

It would be very kind of you to confirm whether it's the correct solution.

thanks

I confirm this is the right fix. Indeed, I made the same mistake for the approach mode and forgot to fix it.

Anyway, I also noticed I forgot to properly make the HUD "Standby/Test" mode, so a new version is comming.

If some people have suggestions, advice or bug report they are welcome.

Thanks for all your hard work on this!

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

New version 1.7.2 Mod released. This version is both suitable for current DCS Stable release ( 2.5.6.49798 ) and last Open-Beta release ( 2.5.6.50726 ).

This version fixes somes issues of the previous version :

- Fixed HUD test/standby mode.

- Fixed HUD half-sized horizon line in approach mode.

- Modified HUD RS alert.

- Tuned HUD font sizing.

- Tuned HUD ILS guide indicators.

- Removed VTB glow effect on texture.

Well, this time I come with a pretty major change, and I hope this would be the last version until long time... (I'll keep tracking changes for the Open Beta)

First of all, all textures were redone using pixel-aligned vector graphic, this does not change much visually, except some shapes that appear more natural with adjusted width.

What change much more, is that I repacked all textures using DDS format (originaly in TGA). Why using DDS instead of TGA ? A good thing is that it take less video memory, but before all, DDS embed precomputed mipmaps with way better alpha channel (transparency) management. The result is that all is A LOT sharper than with the dynamically generated mipmaps.

Other big changes:

- A new LCD font texture with this time, proper glyphes for the INS, which was broken in the last versions.

- The UHF radio display changed from LDC to Dot-Matrix, as it should be according photography of the real cockpit.

- New PCA font, with new LCD schemes for numbers from 0 to 9 (using half the display), as it appear it should be according photography of the real cockpit.

I hope you'll enjoy.

New version 1.8 Mod released. This version is both suitable for current DCS Stable release ( 2.5.6.49798 ) and last Open-Beta release ( 2.5.6.50979 ).

- Fixed CCRP Sight position.

- Fixed OBL reticle position.

- Moved CC Radar Mode text.

- Adjusted AP FMP size.

- Tuned font for HUD, RWR and VTB (better aligned).

- New LCD font with proper elements for INS.

- New dedicated material for INS LCD display.

- Fixed INS display bad or unreadable symbols (N, S, E, W, +, -).

- Tuned LCD font material.

- Fixed Fuel LCD Gauge material (now same as others LCD).

- Tuned Fuel LCD Gauge size and placement.

- New Radio (Dot-Matrix) font.

- Changed Radio UHF display font to Dot-Matrix (according photography).

- Tuned Radio VHF display size and alignment.

- New PCA font with new numbers schems (according photography).

- Tuned PPA LCD size and placement.

- All textures converted to DDS format for better rendering.

- Recreated all textures using pixel-aligned vector graphics.

- Readjusted alignment of some HUD and VTB elements.

Edited by sedenion

Thank you again, sedenion.

- Jack of many DCS modules, master of none.

- Personal wishlist: F-15A, F-4S Phantom II, JAS 39A Gripen, SAAB 35 Draken, F-104 Starfighter, Panavia Tornado IDS.

| Windows 11 | i5-12400 | 64Gb DDR4 | RTX 3080 | 2x M.2 | 27" 1440p | Rift CV1 | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS | MFG Crosswind pedals |

Hi Sedenion,

Thank you for your great mod, Razbam should integreat it :music_whistling:

I just have a quick question: Does your mod also work when placed in My saved Games directory ?

Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Mods\aircraft\M-2000C\Cockpit

Thank you in advance

Best regard

Merci beaucoup pour l'excellent travail réalisé! :thumbup:

Intel® Core i7-7700K @4,20GHz - 64 Go RAM - GeForce GTX 1070 Ti - Windows Pro 64 bit - Stream Deck - HOTAS Warthog

Hi Sedenion,

Thank you for your great mod, Razbam should integreat it :music_whistling:

I just have a quick question: Does your mod also work when placed in My saved Games directory ?

Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Mods\aircraft\M-2000C\Cockpit

Never tested, I don't know... If you try it tell us if this work, this would be a better practice than replacing the vanilla files.

Never tested, I don't know... If you try it tell us if this work, this would be a better practice than replacing the vanilla files.

Apparently placing your files in Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Mods\aircraft\M-2000C\Cockpit

doesn't work. Here 2 pictures, first placing the files in saved games folder and the second in DCS main openbeta folder. :(

695155412_Savedgamesfolder.thumb.png.65e514ab6b28443c19e0e7cb7ac0c56f.png

1818379366_MainOpenbetafolder.thumb.png.0469217ea687a6d10eed59fd29a5c4b3.png

Intel® Core i7-7700K @4,20GHz - 64 Go RAM - GeForce GTX 1070 Ti - Windows Pro 64 bit - Stream Deck - HOTAS Warthog

Apparently placing your files in Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Mods\aircraft\M-2000C\Cockpit

doesn't work. Here 2 pictures, first placing the files in saved games folder and the second in DCS main openbeta folder. :(

This does not surprise me. I think Saved Game is dedicated to users data and preferences... Modifications for modules are not that kind of stuff, DCS engine does not allow that.

• 3 months later...

New version 1.81 Mod released. This version is for the last Open-Beta release ( 2.5.6.55743 ).

This version updates textures and LUA according last modifications :

- Correct VTB/RWR texture according new symbology.

- Correct RWR Font texture with new symbology.

- Update RWR LUA for new logic.

- Update HUD LUA file according new logic.

- Adding VTB_Cadr_AR texture.

- Global Adaptation for DCS World 2.5.6.55743 release.

Edited by sedenion

New version 1.82 Mod released. This version is for the last Open-Beta release ( 2.5.6.55743 ).

This version fix the pitch ladder problem in approach mode :

- Fix pitch Ladder for HUD Approach mode.

New version 1.9 Mod released. This version is a "repack" for the latest DCS Stable release ( 2.5.6.55960 ).

This version is both suitable for current DCS Stable and Open-Beta release.

New version 1.9 Mod released. This version is a "repack" for the latest DCS Stable release ( 2.5.6.55960 ).

This version is both suitable for current DCS Stable and Open-Beta release.

Hi, i am a fanatic of the M2000, but I'm only using the DCS 2.5.6.49978 stable version, because it seems to be the last version compatible with FC3 (hence Mirage F1 CT, etc).

It seems also that the last Cockpit Indication Fix compatible with that DCS 2.5.6 version is the 1.7.2 (uploaded on 06-10-2020), which is not available anymore.

Can I find it somewhere ?

Or is it possible to upload it somewhere, or even upload it here temporarily, or specifically as an answer to this request ?

Would be another great addition to this amazing M2000.

Thanks in advance,

Cheers,

Toan

Hi, i am a fanatic of the M2000, but I'm only using the DCS 2.5.6.49978 stable version, because it seems to be the last version compatible with FC3 (hence Mirage F1 CT, etc).

It seems also that the last Cockpit Indication Fix compatible with that DCS 2.5.6 version is the 1.7.2 (uploaded on 06-10-2020), which is not available anymore.

Can I find it somewhere ?

Or is it possible to upload it somewhere, or even upload it here temporarily, or specifically as an answer to this request ?

Would be another great addition to this amazing M2000.

Thanks in advance,

Cheers,

Toan

Sorry, it seems that the 1.8 version of the Cockpit Indication Fix is the good one for DCS 2.5.6.49798 (uploaded on 06-17-2020).

Maybe the 1.9 version is ? But I have no idea.

Thanks for your help,

Toan

Ok, I reuploaded the old 1.8 version, you will find the download link at the bottom of the first topic page.

Oh, great ! Upoaded v 1.8 just now. :)

I appreciate your very quick answer,

Thanks a lot for your help,

Cheers,

Toan