Thanks to RAZBAM for my new favorite

Northorne

Latest version (2.5.1 Beta), just fyi

Absolute blast to fly period. Dogfighting in it is a heck of a lot of fun too once you get used to the gun sight (not gonna lie, it was a pretty big turn off at first, but now I focus more on the gun cross and let the computed intercept pipper be just suggestion more than anything else). BVR is hit and miss with how often the radar loses lock but I find that using the 530s as long range dogfight missiles is usually effective.

The most surprising part is how much I enjoy using this platform for air to ground. The two 30mm cannons make short work of most lightly armed vehicles and CCIP with cluster bombs is a BLAST (plus you can carry eight of them!). If I'm flying the A-10 taking out a mobile SAM is very "heads down"--looking through my TGP or mavs and guessing which black dot might be the SAM and hoping it isn't actually a school bus full of children. With the mirage I can dodge missiles until the SAM needs to reload, which may not be realistic but gosh is it fun (and it works), and then come in and nail it with my cluster bombs (which by the way are very good).

For those of you who haven't purchased the module or played around with a2g if you spend a little time with the cluster bombs and CCIP you can nail anything without surface to air missiles without fear of being hit by cannon fire (Shilka's Tungusta's that need to reload missiles, Gepards, you name it). The trick is to come in with your aircraft aimed at the target from around 8000 feet and at around 500 knots and get way up in your seat (easy with TrackIr) so you can see the CCIP pipper coming up from the bottom of the HUD, start slowly pulling up to move the ccip over the target and press the trigger when it passes. VERY accurate and there is a small element of 'tossing' too because of the pull up and velocity meaning you don't have to get too close. Also make sure to set the bomb fusing from inert to impact, having your bombs thud into the ground without exploding sucks.

OK, and before I leave...

I don't expect any of you to know but does the radar on the real 2000C lose lock as often as ours does? The 530 is actually a great missile it's just useless for BVR if you lose lock when the missile is 80% of the way to the target.

If someone made a mod to get an AMRAAM or something on the 2000C JUST FOR KICKS (yes I know, blasphemy--I don't care) that would be fun.

Radar loosing lock: the target is probably just "beaming" you. (flying lower than you and 90 degrees of you radar beam).

To counter that dive after the firing to stay lower than your target.

That is Fox 1 system limitation. Su-27 will have tue same problem with R-27R/ER.

Mirage fanatic !

I7-7700K/ MSI RTX3080/ RAM 64 Go/ SSD / TM Hornet stick-Virpil WarBRD + Virpil CM3 Throttle + MFG Crosswind + Reverb G2.

Flickr gallery: https://www.flickr.com/gp/71068385@N02/728Hbi

Agreed. My new favourite too! Still very much learning this one but after years plodding around in the A10 the Mirage is fantastic fun.

Laptop Pilot. Alienware X17, i9 11980HK 5.0GHz, 16GB RTX 3080, 64GB DDR4 3200MHz, NVMe SSD. 2x TM Warthog, Hornet grip, Virpil CM2 & TPR pedals, FSSB-R3, Cougar throttle, Viper pit WIP (XBox360 when traveling). Rift S.

NTTR, SoH, Syria, Sinai, Channel, South Atlantic, CA, Supercarrier, FC3, A-10CII, F-5, F-14, F-15E, F-16, F/A-18, F-86, Harrier, M2000, F1, Viggen, MiG-21, Yak-52, L-39, MB-339, CE2, Gazelle, Ka-50, Mi-8, Mi-24, Huey, Apache, Spitfire, Mossie.  Wishlist: Tornado, Jaguar, Buccaneer, F-117 and F-111.

And, FWIW, every time you fire at an AI, it WILL defend by default, which means chaff flare and usually a high low and turn to the beam. So, AI, pretty close to 50% s530 kill rate for me, but an advantageous merge shall we say since they defend pretty aggressively.

Radar loosing lock: the target is probably just "beaming" you. (flying lower than you and 90 degrees of you radar beam).

To counter that dive after the firing to stay lower than your target.

That is Fox 1 system limitation. Su-27 will have tue same problem with R-27R/ER.

SIMPLE SCENERY SAVING * SIMPLE GROUP SAVING * SIMPLE STATIC SAVING *

And, FWIW, every time you fire at an AI, it WILL defend by default, which means chaff flare and usually a high low and turn to the beam. So, AI, pretty close to 50% s530 kill rate for me, but an advantageous merge shall we say since they defend pretty aggressively.

If you engage at low altitude yes, you can’t go much lower to keep them in look up.

But from medium to high altitude, if you keep them in look up and shoot at the appropriate range, AI is dead meat (provided you know how to avoid incoming missiles while supporting yours :thumbup:)

Edited by jojo

Mirage fanatic !

I7-7700K/ MSI RTX3080/ RAM 64 Go/ SSD / TM Hornet stick-Virpil WarBRD + Virpil CM3 Throttle + MFG Crosswind + Reverb G2.

Flickr gallery: https://www.flickr.com/gp/71068385@N02/728Hbi

If you engage at low altitude yes, you can’t go much lower to keep them in look up.

But from medium to high altitude, if younkeep them in look up and shoot at the appropriate range, AI is dead meat (provided you know how to avoid incoming missiles while supporting yours :thumbup:)

Very true.

For me PK is 60-70% when firing from 18nm at 25kft+.

Helljumper - M2000C Guru

Helljumper's Youtube

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCK3rTjezLUxPbWHvJJ3W2fA

• 2 weeks later...
Latest version (2.5.1 Beta), just fyi

Absolute blast to fly period.

I agree 100%. I am a brand new DCS user and the Mirage was my first purchase. Still learning the ropes, but I am having a ball with it.

The newest updated added some much needed gun sounds and nice new vapes. I blacked out and splattered myself across the desert checking those vapes out last night:music_whistling: Too much fun.

I have the Hornet on Pre-order and I am almost kicking myself for that because I don't want to leave the M2000 until I have it all figured out. I might just leave the Hornet in my shopping cart for a while longer?

:thumbup:

T-16000M FCS | Track IR5 | Quest 2 | ASROCK Z370 | i7-8700k | GTX1080-OC | 32GB DDR4 | Windows 10 | OSX High Sierra for real work

Hack build

But from medium to high altitude, if you keep them in look up and shoot at the appropriate range, AI is dead meat (provided you know how to avoid incoming missiles while supporting yours :thumbup:)

I am still learning these missile thingys. They are a lot harder to master than they first appear. Coming from the WWII flight sim world this is perhaps the most frustrating part of DCS.

On the other hand I am killing it with the guns in this thing. :joystick: I have only really done the training missions and the instant action missions. I was wondering is there a way to turn up the difficulty of the AI in the Guns, Guns, Guns mission? Or do I need to make my own missions for that?

T-16000M FCS | Track IR5 | Quest 2 | ASROCK Z370 | i7-8700k | GTX1080-OC | 32GB DDR4 | Windows 10 | OSX High Sierra for real work

Hack build

I am still learning these missile thingys. They are a lot harder to master than they first appear. Coming from the WWII flight sim world this is perhaps the most frustrating part of DCS.

On the other hand I am killing it with the guns in this thing. :joystick: I have only really done the training missions and the instant action missions. I was wondering is there a way to turn up the difficulty of the AI in the Guns, Guns, Guns mission? Or do I need to make my own missions for that?

You’d have to build your own. But if you have a more specified idea / expectations PM me, I should be able to put something together for you fairly quickly.

ce535d_9d347b62819c4372b3c485a4f95d2004~mv2.png