Su-25T and TV guided bombs. I can't hit

Eviscerador

Hello everyone.

After doing all the training exercises, some of the practice missions and flying around a lot I thought it was time to do a proper mission.

So I went to the mission menu and picked the "Command post strike" mission for the Su-25T

The mission is all right. You go there, you have some clouds but clear on target. It is day time. I lock the command post with the Shkval, get the AC and the LA signals, I'm in range, leveled at 4500 M, I drop 1 even 2 bombs on the same target.

And they never hit.

I've made this mission 5 times and I couldn't get a single hit, I only finished the mission once because I ordered my wingman to attack the post and he scored a direct hit.

Am I doing something wrong or the Kab 500 kr is just that innacurate? Should I just use laser guided missiles for this mission?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The Shkval is for missiles. Looks like you are dropping dumb bombs? Did you pick your weapons? Or are you doing CCRP?

Maybe this will help?

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/510839/

Intel I9-10850K (OC @ 5.0ghz) │ Asus Maximus XII Hero │ G.Skill Ripjaws 64GB (4x16GB) DDR4 3200 │ Thermaltake Water 360mm
Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24gb │ 2TB M.2 EVO Pro; 1T M.2 EVO; Sandisk SSD Drives │ 49" Samsung Curved Widescreen │ 28" Touchscreen

- ҉ - Blackshark Cockpit Trainer - ҉ -    Thread   | Download

Hi Eviscerador.

Your issue is a know and reported issue since 1 year, and is related to this mission "command post strike". (in other conditions the normal use of Kab500kr works)

Here the thread about this issue and, at the end page 4, a "solution" for avoiding the issue in this mission :

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=180897&page=4

Bye.

• 9 months later...

MadDog-IC fixed many of the problems with the missions and campaigns. Here is his single missions: https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/2459240/

As for the Kab500kr, it still misses, but I've been able to hit the targets by simply dropping the bombs without a lock. To do this I have to decrease the target size box small enough so it doesn't lock. However, my wingman still can't hit the targets with the guided bombs, but will hit them with dumb bombs. So give him dumb bombs and use guided bombs yourself.

As for the Kab500kr, it still misses, but I've been able to hit the targets by simply dropping the bombs without a lock. To do this I have to decrease the target size box small enough so it doesn't lock. However, my wingman still can't hit the targets with the guided bombs, but will hit them with dumb bombs. So give him dumb bombs and use guided bombs yourself.

Yes this still seems to be a problems with current DCS, I have been re doing all missions again for the new 2.5 caucausas map layout and even AI can't hit targets because guided bombs swerve off target at last moment before impact, seems lock doesn't target the centre mass of bunker, but to the side of it instead.

At some stage I will report when I know more about what is happening.

Regards, Ian.

Asus p877v-pro, Intel I7 3770k 4.2ghz, 32gb Ripjaw X ram, Nvidia RTX-2070 Super, Samsung 32" TV, Saitek x52 pro Joystick and Combat rudder pedals, TrackIR 5, Win8.1 x64 with SSD and SSHD protected by (Avast AV).

DCS Tech Support.

• 1 year later...
  • 4 weeks later...

In the training flights i have found until now that the kab500kr guided bomb don't hit the second tank on the airport runway with lock and tried and tried in every possible way, and also the laser guidance don't work.

I have to try others weapons in the training hope that perhaps 1 works fine until the training is end.

Seems that this problem of weapons malfunction is common in dcs world.