No Rad

Skyracer

I noticed prior to this update when switching in to dogfight mode you hade always the "no rad" in dogfight mode. But after the latest update that text is gone.

Edited by Skyracer

MY SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel pentium 3 @ 800 MHz, 256 Mb RAM, Geforce 2 64Mb, Dell screen 1024x768 + Microsoft sidewhiner joystick + TrackIR 2 + TrackClitPro SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 98, Noice Attack & VIASAT PRO, SnackView

NO RAD should appear when the radar is not radiating. That could be normal/expected depending on if the radar is/is not radiating. Is the radar radiating or not when NO RAD text isn't present?

What he’s saying is that prior to the latest update, NO RAD displayed on the HUD (and actually not radiating) was the default state when you switched to short-range missile dogfight mode. Now, your radar remains active the entire time.

Which is correct?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

http://www.476vfightergroup.com/content.php

High Quality Aviation Photography For Personal Enjoyment And Editorial Use.

www.crosswindimages.com

30x20 standby (i.e. non-radiating) ACM initialization upon selecting DGFT is correct and it's what I observed flying today. The exception is if there already exists a bugged target on the transition the radar should transition to STT on DGFT select.

If, without a target, ACM is not initializing to 30x20 standby on DGFT select then that would be in error.

• 1 month later...

Any new information of the missing "no rad" behavior, when activating DGFT mode? It is really annoying when I sneak up behind an opponent with my sidewinders, but all of a sudden the radar locks him up automatically, and he gets a RWR warning and goes defensive. Does someone know if its a bug? Or is there a difference between a block 52 and a block 50 F16 which we have here in DCS?

• 1 month later...
Any new information of the missing "no rad" behavior, when activating DGFT mode? It is really annoying when I sneak up behind an opponent with my sidewinders, but all of a sudden the radar locks him up automatically, and he gets a RWR warning and goes defensive. Does someone know if its a bug? Or is there a difference between a block 52 and a block 50 F16 which we have here in DCS?

Any update on this - issue of radar being on when you enter dogfight mode to try and sneak in a HMCS attack with the 9x and it auto locks.

No changes yet. F16 short range missile fighting capabilities are messed up at the moment. Still waiting for an update. I a video Wags said, they hired an addtional programmer for the F16. Lets hope he'll be in the saddle soon.

That new programmer was hired and Mavericks were suggested to be ready end of April.

Sorry to crush your hopes :-)

Lincoln said: “Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power."

Do not expect a reply to any questions, 30.06.2021 - Silenced by Nineline