Logitech Extreme 3D Pro Hhelp

79Bronco

OK I'm a little frustrated. I've been searching and searching. Looking for tips on mapping the buttons on my joystick. I actually flew my Huey for like 20 seconds at one point. But obviously I need help setting up the joystick. Is it this hard for everyone??

Well, now I have a full CH pro suite but before that I had

for years Logitech Extreme 3D Pro and what I would do is

map controls with option CTRL+Button E.G. 1,2,3,4

or ALT+ POV, thus multiplying the configurable buttons / POV

by 4.... (ALT, CTRL, SHIFT, Windows key)..

Mainboard: ASUS Maximus X Hero Intel Z 370

CPU: Intel Core i7-8086K @ 4.0 GHz

Memory: 32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR4-3000

Graphics Card: ASUS NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 10GB

Monitor ASUS PA 329 32" @ 4K

1 SSD Samsung 860 PRO 256 GB

1 SSD Samsung 860 PRO 4 TB

Windows 10 - 64 V. 2004

CH Pro combatstick, throttle and pedals

OK I'm a little frustrated. I've been searching and searching. Looking for tips on mapping the buttons on my joystick. I actually flew my Huey for like 20 seconds at one point. But obviously I need help setting up the joystick. Is it this hard for everyone??

There are no buttons to map to fly the huey, just the regular pitch/roll/rudder/collective. Throttle is on governor.

However, helicopters take a lot of practice, and the Huey is more demanding than most sims.

The twist joystick isn't very precise for the controls you need on a helicopter. Rudder pedals will go a long way.

You can fine tune your axis controls to maybe have 20% of exponential so that the middle of the stick is less sensitive and more precise.

Practice without weapons, and only a half tank of fuel.

• 2 weeks later...
There are no buttons to map to fly the huey, just the regular pitch/roll/rudder/collective. Throttle is on governor.

However, helicopters take a lot of practice, and the Huey is more demanding than most sims.

The twist joystick isn't very precise for the controls you need on a helicopter. Rudder pedals will go a long way.

You can fine tune your axis controls to maybe have 20% of exponential so that the middle of the stick is less sensitive and more precise.

Practice without weapons, and only a half tank of fuel.

I wonder if you could set it up for your throttle to be your collective, with rudder pedals and stick.

PC: i9-13900KS, RTX 4090, 64GB DDR5-6000, Win 11 Pro

I recommend leaving it linear but cutting off the movement at 90% on both stick axes (i.e. you never move more than 90% of maximum even if you go all the way to the edge).

I wonder if you could set it up for your throttle to be your collective, with rudder pedals and stick.

That's how I do it. I also use the twist handle as the pedals and it works just fine. All it really takes then is the understanding of the physics involved and plenty of practice.