If only there were more mission content

I've only recently come back to the warbirds content for this game (got the P51 and Spitfire). It's just awesome how well the aircraft are done. The way this sim manages to give the aircraft the feeling of speed, power and inertia even with the most basic joystick really impresses me.

Absolutely love both aircraft. For me, in terms of aircraft handling, this sim sets the standard all others should be aiming for. But non the less I've found myself playing other sims mostly because of the availability of a career mode, rank progression etc that achieves that level of immersion I can't get from this sim.

If only I could grab the career/campaign content from other sims and insert them into this one, it'd be the only sim I'd play. I've tried to knuckle down and learn the mission editor but it's just not for me. It would take me hours to create a mission which would probably play out in 30 minutes.

We need more than that to be a good WW2 sim. We need a war with proper aircraft for the time period we're flying.

meh we can play fictional war too

System specs: I7 14700KF, Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Elite, 64GB DDR4 3600MHz, Gigabyte RTX 4090,Win 11, 48" OLED LG TV + 42" LG LED monitor

The offline content really needs the new DM for AI planes.

PC - 3900X - Asus Crosshair Hero VIII - NZXT Kraken 63 - 32 GB RAM - 2080ti - SB X-Fi Titanium PCIe - Alienware UW - Windows 10

Sim hardware - Warthog throttle - VKB Gunfighter III - CH Quadrant - Slaw Device Pedals - Obutto R3volution pit - HP Reverb G2 - 2X AuraSound shakers

The offline content really needs the new DM for AI planes.

both online and offline content need new DM

i can agree with that

System specs: I7 14700KF, Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Elite, 64GB DDR4 3600MHz, Gigabyte RTX 4090,Win 11, 48" OLED LG TV + 42" LG LED monitor

Fictional = arcade.........no thanks.

i have no clue why fictional is arcade for you but ok let it be

Look at it this way. A game would be fictional. A simulation would be simulating real life. Real life means a war or at least real conflicts.

Shooting down a plane or bombing a target is not done for fun in real life.

Why do you think Falcon 4 is still going strong since 1998? It has a proper war. DCS needs that too.

Buzz

Look at it this way. A game would be fictional. A simulation would be simulating real life. Real life means a war or at least real conflicts.

Why do you think Falcon 4 is still going strong since 1998? It has a proper war. DCS needs that too.

you already used too many "Real" that is why i like fictional scenario more then replaying real thing. this simulator must be treated like a training so you playing role in artificial conflict.

Replaying exact historical battles get me mixed emotions a little i start thinking about ppl who left their lives there

fictional conflict is far far away from acade it maby be not realistic true

have no idea what falcon 4 is :P

and i play games for fun if i shoot someone in game it doesnt mean that i am serious about that

i know that a lot ppl going from fun to serious too fast sometime but i dont have that problem

and you all know very well how long module development takes time in DCS it will take years to made full scale ww2 conflict including proper map proper planes proper vehcles etc etc.

Edited by grafspee

Every day at work I use simulation to prepare young officers to make decisions under duress in conflicts that have not, and hopefully will never happen. In fact the countries are on real terrain but have fictional names like Donovia, Gorgas and Atropia. Does this make what the young Army Captains and Majors do a game?

As for Falcon 4, I pre-ordered while still playing Falcon 3, I think you got it wrong. Any war would do, though I have a particular soft spot for Gulf War I and the Balkans, but it is the unsurpassed dynamic campaign engine that is the secret to its longevity.

I also preordered Falcon 4. IL2 doesn't hide what it is. I have a decade flying it. Wars are brutal. However, that's what we're simulating.

I'm also a big fan of auto racing since I did it when I was younger. I was a huge fan of Jim Clark. He died driving the same car I drive in Grand Prix Legends. I honor him by driving the same car on the same tracks. Combat flight sims are no different.

Buzz

I also preordered Falcon 4. IL2 doesn't hide what it is. I have a decade flying it. Wars are brutal. However, that's what we're simulating.

I'm also a big fan of auto racing since I did it when I was younger. I was a huge fan of Jim Clark. He died driving the same car I drive in Grand Prix Legends. I honor him by driving the same car on the same tracks. Combat flight sims are no different.

but why you think that when something is unhistorical is arcade i just still dont get it.

Anyway it is probably far away in time line for full scaled ww2 airbattles

Edited by grafspee

I notice how picky you are that the plane is perfect. Nothing wrong with that but why not for the missions too?

We're all different. I like historically correct. You don't seem to care. So be it.

Buzz