Locked at 45fps with ASW off

Sandman1330

For some reason, I seem to be locked at 45fps in game. I always have ASW off due to the artefacts, but it still seems to cap at 45. It will hold a steady 45, dropping just below from time to time under heavy loads, but never wants to exceed 45, even when I would expect it to (like looking at sky or out to sea). In the menu, I get 90 and sometimes drops to 70 or 80.

I use oculus tray tool to turn off ASW. It’s set to off, rather than the 45fps option. Also of note, it seems Ctrl+1 and ctrl+4 no longer works to turn ASW on/off...

Thoughts?

Ryzen 7 5800X3D / Asus Crosshair VI Hero X370 / Corsair H110i / Sapphire Nitro+ 6800XT / 32Gb G.Skill TridentZ 3200 / Samsung 980 Pro M.2 / Virpil Warbrd base + VFX and TM grips / Virpil CM3 Throttle / Saitek Pro Combat pedals / Reverb G2

This is normal. Your card is probably not fast enough for 90 in-game so it tries the next factor of two of 90 (in this case half), if that doesn't work it'll try 22.5 and so on. I run basically at 45 max on my 1070 all the time. I use the ctrl+2 option but most of them just results in 45.

Actually with ASW off you should see varying framerates.

Sounds like your not getting it set off for some reason.

On the profile for DCS for Oculus Tray Tool, make sure you point the profile to DCS.exe in the bin folder.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

i don't think the tray tool is working with the new oculus home.

so turn ASW off manually.

rctrl and num 1

i had to hit numlock also to get it to turn off.

My Rig: AM5 7950X, 32GB DDR5 6000, M2 SSD, EVGA 1080 Superclocked, Warthog Throttle and Stick, MFG Crosswinds, Oculus Rift.

i don't think the tray tool is working with the new oculus home.

Working just fine for me.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

Working just fine for me.

You're using the beta Oculus software, right?

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

i7-10700K Direct-To-Die/OC'ed to 5.1GHz, MSI Z490 MB, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3, NVMe+SSD, Win 10 x64 Pro, MFG, Warthog, TM MFDs, Komodo Huey set, Rverbe G1

I know oculus tray tool can *lock* it at 45FPS. Could you guys have locked it at one point?

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

i7-10700K Direct-To-Die/OC'ed to 5.1GHz, MSI Z490 MB, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3, NVMe+SSD, Win 10 x64 Pro, MFG, Warthog, TM MFDs, Komodo Huey set, Rverbe G1

You're using the beta Oculus software, right?

Yes I am on the Public Test Channel.

Currently version 1.23.

Don B

I'm using normal live oculus (not beta) and for me too it's for sure ASW does not turn off for DCS. Tried oculus tray tool, ctrl-1, oculus debug tool -- nothing works to remove ASW for DCS.

Not sure why it would be working for some and not others.

I do know ApollyonVR is hard at work on the next version of OTT which hopefully will fix this issue.

Don B

ASW is definitely off, via a profile set up in tray tool (set to off, not 45fps). I know it’s off because the Spitfire sight doesn’t display the artefacts it does when ASW is on.

It’s not been much of an issue of late anyway, as I’ve cranked my settings up more so I typically now run 30-45fps. Figured if it was going to lock to 45 anyway, may as well get some quality out of it. I have started seeing more than 45 when out to sea with nothing to render...

Even 30fps is smooth. The only time the lower frames are an issue is in close dogfighting, when it can be hard to see the aspect of the other aircraft as it flies by. Still better than low MSAA settings though, where aspect is impossible to judge and identification is difficult due to the jagged edges... I’m happy with where my settings and FPS are at now. More FPS would always be nice, but I’m running pretty high settings (DS on, 8x AA, PD 1.5)

Ryzen 7 5800X3D / Asus Crosshair VI Hero X370 / Corsair H110i / Sapphire Nitro+ 6800XT / 32Gb G.Skill TridentZ 3200 / Samsung 980 Pro M.2 / Virpil Warbrd base + VFX and TM grips / Virpil CM3 Throttle / Saitek Pro Combat pedals / Reverb G2

• 2 weeks later...
ASW is definitely off, via a profile set up in tray tool (set to off, not 45fps). I know it’s off because the Spitfire sight doesn’t display the artefacts it does when ASW is on.

It’s not been much of an issue of late anyway, as I’ve cranked my settings up more so I typically now run 30-45fps. Figured if it was going to lock to 45 anyway, may as well get some quality out of it. I have started seeing more than 45 when out to sea with nothing to render...

Even 30fps is smooth. The only time the lower frames are an issue is in close dogfighting, when it can be hard to see the aspect of the other aircraft as it flies by. Still better than low MSAA settings though, where aspect is impossible to judge and identification is difficult due to the jagged edges... I’m happy with where my settings and FPS are at now. More FPS would always be nice, but I’m running pretty high settings (DS on, 8x AA, PD 1.5)

How did you get the ASW to go off??

No matter what I do, I see the gunsight with that awfull asw artifacting. Tried Oculus debug tool, Oculus tray tool and the above registry hack- nothing removes it for me in DCS.

How did you get the ASW to go off??

No matter what I do, I see the gunsight with that awfull asw artifacting. Tried Oculus debug tool, Oculus tray tool and the above registry hack- nothing removes it for me in DCS.

What version of Oculus Tray Tool are you running?

Don B

I was messing around with this the other day and found that if I turned off in game super sampling (i.e. set it to 1.0) then ASW could be disabled / enabled.

With anything other than 1.0 I would either get 90 or 45 FPS like ASW was on.

Didn't test it enough, but interesting to see if others can replicate.

Hmm, I wonder if that's what I'm facing. Thanks, will give it a shot tomorrow

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

So what version of the Oculus Tray Tool is currently working in DCS? I'm on the Oculus Home beta channel if that makes a difference. Right now I just start the Debug Tool and manually set force "45fps, ASW disabled" every time I launch DCS, but having a profile to do it automatically would be awesome. I tried that registry entry but I don't think it works.

i7 7700K | 32GB RAM | GTX 1080Ti | Rift CV1 | TM Warthog | Win 10

"There will always be people with a false sense of entitlement.

You can want it, you can ask for it, but you don't automatically deserve it. "

So what version of the Oculus Tray Tool is currently working in DCS? I'm on the Oculus Home beta channel if that makes a difference. Right now I just start the Debug Tool and manually set force "45fps, ASW disabled" every time I launch DCS, but having a profile to do it automatically would be awesome. I tried that registry entry but I don't think it works.

0.82.1 (latest) worked fine for me with DCS. I am on the Oculus Beta Channel as well.

I know he is working on the next version which should be out before too much longer.

Don B

0.82.1 (latest) worked fine for me with DCS. I am on the Oculus Beta Channel as well.

I know he is working on the next version which should be out before too much longer.

+1 :D

New system:I9-9900KS, Kingston 128 GB DDR4 3200Mhz, MSI RTX 4090, Corsair H150 Pro RGB, 2xSamsung 970 EVO 2Tb, 2xsamsung 970 EVO 1 TB, Scandisk m2 500 MB, 2 x Crucial 1 Tb, T16000M HOTAS, HP Reverb Professional 2, Corsair 750 Watt.

Old system:I7-4770K(OC 4.5Ghz), Kingston 24 GB DDR3 1600 Mhz,MSI RTX 2080(OC 2070 Mhz), 2 * 500 GB SSD, 3,5 TB HDD, 55' Samsung 3d tv, Trackir 5, Logitech HD Cam, T16000M HOTAS. All DCS modules, maps and campaigns:pilotfly:

using 82.1 tray tool, and still ASW always on!!

Are you using a profile for DCS and pointing it to DCS.exe? ( it's icon looks like just a generic windows icon).

Also it is dependent on Oculus Home running.

Don B

Not using any profile. Using latest non-beta oculus home.

Give creating a profile a try, I use a profile and it is working fine for me.

Don B

Are you using a profile for DCS and pointing it to DCS.exe? ( it's icon looks like just a generic windows icon).

Also it is dependent on Oculus Home running.

D'oh!! Thanks! :D

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---