-= ACG MigVsSaber Server (EU) =-

IronJockel

-= ACG MigVsSaber Server (EU) =-  

160 members have voted

1. 1. -= ACG MigVsSaber Server (EU) =-

• Yes
    • No

Suggestion/idea for the server: Not sure if it's possible or not, but it might be interesting to have a handful of strategic targets to strike. Factories, bridges, etc. CAS is not the F-5s strong suit (especially without a FAC firing target marking rockets.....hmmmm) and some static strike targets might make for some interesting missions. As an incentive, enemy aircraft could be removed and/or friendly added for each successful strike. Also, when choosing locations for the next mission, keep in mind each aircrafts navigational capabilities. Not that Sochi is all that hard to find, but TACAN equipped fields could make some lower wx scenarios possible for the F-5 bubbas. None of this is meant as a critique of the current state of the server, which is great. Just throwing some ideas out there.

Suggestions are always welcome. We always try to meet everyone's wishes until they don't meet those of others :smilewink:

The server focuses mainly on the Fishbed and the Tiger - Dogfights! There are ships out there for the Viggen, ground units 1-2 km south of Maykop's airbase for strikers to destroy and a transport mission for the Mi-8 and the UH-1 to capture Maykop once the ground units are destroyed (check out the briefing). For more CAS/SEAD/Transport missions other servers surely have more to offer. This mission is the second for this server and compared to the previous one it has more to offer for strikers and helicopters. Soon I'll be working on a third mission for the server that will surely have more objectives for strikers and helicopters.

Might as well take the HAWK out the server then ;(

P.S server is down again

What's wrong with that? Without the SAM sites around the airbases players would be killed at respawn. We don't want that.

When this server is down, two consequences:

1: the only server with a realistic planeset is gone.

2: no more servers for the F-5E !

According to IronJockel - server's admin - it's a DCS issue. He's trying to come up with a script to fix that. Turns out to be more complicated that what he's assumed.

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Cold War 1947 - 1991                                       Discord
Helicopters Tournaments
Combined Arms Tournaments

You can help me with keeping up the server via PayPal donations: hokumyounis@yahoo.com

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

razo+r got it in 1.

The Hawk only has the aim-9M and the gunpod.

I was having fun fighting Migs in it, despite using aim-9m's the range and window for tone is so small u had to work really hard to get a shot. Was ace!

My bad :doh:

If I put back the AIM-9M then I'll have to do the same with R-73. Had some complaints about the strikers being deadlier in dogfights due to these 2 missiles. Guess I'm gonna have to put them back. Will do over the weekend.

S!

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

You can help me with keeping up the server via PayPal donations: hokumyounis@yahoo.com

My bad :doh:

If I put back the AIM-9M then I'll have to do the same with R-73. Had some complaints about the strikers being deadlier in dogfights due to these 2 missiles. Guess I'm gonna have to put them back. Will do over the weekend.

S!

NP, thanks! :thumbup:

You will get a lot of people windging about this being better than that and so on. End of the day they lost a dogfight and got upset lol

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Upset the hawk has no air to air :noexpression:

The Hawk will get the AIM-9M back.

I think we're gonna have to deal with the server crashing so often in the meantime...

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

Since the server is down I've been spending way to much time with the wife, she getting on my nerve, we're on the verge of divorce. This is an appeal for the restoration of the server that can probably save our marriage.

Thank you :music_whistling:

Since the server is down I've been spending way to much time with the wife, she getting on my nerve, we're on the verge of divorce. This is an appeal for the restoration of the server that can probably save our marriage.

Thank you :music_whistling:

Hope you're kidding.

IronJockel is doing what he can to fix the server. He'll get a better connection soon.

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

Lol that's great Decibel

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

i7 4770k @ 4.5, asus z-87 pro, strix GTX 980ti directcu3oc, 32gb Kingston hyperX 2133, philips 40" 4k monitor, hotas cougar\warthog, track ir 5, Oculus Rift

Hope you're kidding.

IronJockel is doing what he can to fix the server. He'll get a better connection soon.

Perfect, please just keep us in the loop buddy. I you need someone to host it for the time being, i can arrange that. Ill charge the bandwidth on my wife credit card lol

o7

Perfect, please just keep us in the loop buddy. I you need someone to host it for the time being, i can arrange that. Ill charge the bandwidth on my wife credit card lol

o7

Keep you in the loop? Yeah frustration is a bitter pill to swallow but I ain't keeping no one in no bloody loops!

All I can do is inform you of what I know. I only volunteered to help IronJockel since he's the only admin out there for this server. I design the missions and he hosts. A new mission is in progress but will not be released until the server is finally stable and we get to fly the current new one for a while. All that matters now is a steady server. And THAT is beyond my doing. Beacuse, again, IronJockel is the host. Not me.

Take care

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

Still my favourite server Alpenwolf.

And thanks for adding back in the aim9M's fro the Hawk

I do what I can.

I know it's hard times when the server crashes and doesn't come back. Just talked to IronJockel; he's on a vacation. Another ACG member however will be helping out until IronJockel's back.

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

Doh! Withdrawal setting in, wish their were more cold war servers

i7 4770k @ 4.5, asus z-87 pro, strix GTX 980ti directcu3oc, 32gb Kingston hyperX 2133, philips 40" 4k monitor, hotas cougar\warthog, track ir 5, Oculus Rift

Doh! Withdrawal setting in, wish their were more cold war servers

I only wish we finally get this problem over with. Some are starting to have seizures I guess. IronJockel is still on vacation and his ACG replacement is hard to contact. His username is pitti. If you see him on the ACG TS just tell him.

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments