FaceTrackNoIR v170 released!

got the same problems. facetracknoir only works on first mission then iam unable to use it till i restart complete dcs world. very bad now i got a new campaign, and if die or abort a mission i must completly restart this campaign and i abort sometimes cause i forget to restart to get the tracker work.

nice work!

i tried it with freetrack protocol and the headtreacker.dll. i see the new column in the options, but i get no input from facetracknoir.

• 3 weeks later...

Hiho,

just new to FTNoIR 1.70 and I have some questions.

Please forgive me if already answered.

1. I cannot find where to bind the center option to the stick. I just see mouse or keyboard.

2. When I start DCS World tracking works for single player, but when I go to multiplayer from there, it won't work. When I directly start multiplayer it works. I use the default.ini. with point tracking protocol.

3. When I load the DCS A10.ini, I cannot get the point tracking to work. I see it in the cam picture, but the frame above it won't move.

4. Last but not least: Could anybody please provide some curvature? I would like to try some examples.

Thanks a lot!

Cheers!

Bexx0r

ASUS P8P67 Deluxe --- Win8.1 Pro 64Bit ---i7-2600K @ 3,4GHz --- 12GB RAM --- NVidia GFX670 --- TM HOTAS WARTHOG --- Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals --- PS3 Eye Cam (modified) --- 3-point Track Clip --- FacetrackNoIR 1.72

• 3 weeks later...

Man... I find it all so confusing. I wish someone who knows this subject very well and got it working properly could share a simple guide on how to install and configure it from start to finish for DCS use.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 10 Pro x64, Asus PG279Q, i7-6700K, Nvidia GTX1080TI, 16GB DDR4, 1TB SSD, TM Warthog, Saitek Combat Pro Rudder Pedals, TIR5+Trackclip

Hiho,

just new to FTNoIR 1.70 and I have some questions.

Please forgive me if already answered.

1. I cannot find where to bind the center option to the stick. I just see mouse or keyboard.

2. When I start DCS World tracking works for single player, but when I go to multiplayer from there, it won't work. When I directly start multiplayer it works. I use the default.ini. with point tracking protocol.

3. When I load the DCS A10.ini, I cannot get the point tracking to work. I see it in the cam picture, but the frame above it won't move.

4. Last but not least: Could anybody please provide some curvature? I would like to try some examples.

Thanks a lot!

Cheers!

Bexx0r

1. You need the 1.80 Alpha version for this. If you donate to the project, you can get this version. Works very good, by the way.

2. I have never tried FaceTrackNOIR in Multi player

3. Are all axis active? It seems they are de-activated in the profile.

4. Filtering was most important for me to reduce the jitter. But less jitter means more filtering that means delay between input and output.

I have switched to TIR because of this and haven't been happier. :)

But still a great program with much potential!

• 4 months later...

I've just switched to FaceTrackNoIR a few days ago! That's it. It's great!!!

I've tried it many times ago, but I think it had no feature for 3-LED head thing in those times (not sure). And I didn't like and couldn't use just with my "face". :)

A few days ago, I tried it with 3-LED model and it works perfect. It has great stability. And (I don't know how) I can adjusted settings very easly.

And it didn't crash so far.

Thank you dear developers. Really thank you!...

Intel i7-14700@5.6GHz | MSI RTX4080 Super SuprimX | Corsair V. 32GB@6400MHz. | Samsung 1TB 990 PRO SSD (Win10Homex64)
Samsung G5 32" + Samsung 18" + 2x8"TFT Displays | Saitek X-55 Rhino & Rudder | TM MFD Cougars | Logitech G13, G230, G510, PZ55 & Farming Sim Panel | TIR5
>>MY MODS<< | Discord: Devrim#1068

• 8 months later...

Pardon my necro.

Just tried this out. I have TrackIR 4 which works just fine, and I have 6 USB ports to play with, but it doesn't sit very well on my oddly shaped laptop (GT72) and I like wearing my earbuds over a headset (needed for TrackClip). I'm not OCD in any medical/legal capacity but I love minimizing the amount of cables and wires too. I have a built-in camera which is advertised as being 30FPS and 1080p, so I gave this a try.

It was horrible at first but after messing around with the settings quite a bit, it's quite playable and reliable. However, I still notice a response time of maybe half a second, sometimes more, for my movements to translate on screen. Is that normal for Facetrack or is it just my webcam? Yes, I've noticed several options which decrease response time and I've adjusted them.

• 1 month later...

Do you have any solution for not working headtracking without headtracker.dll?

I tried: Use TrackIR hide Freetrack and Start Dummy TrackIR, but DCS doesn't recognize it. Of course it is working with headtracker.dll but it keeps crashing almost every time.

Win 7 x64 Steam version of DCS.

• 3 months later...

Does anybody know what's going on with the new v180?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel i5 4690K | ASUS Z-97PRO Gaming Mobo | Nvidia Gigabyte GTX970 3.5/0.5 GB Windforce3 | G.Skill Ripjaws-X 2x8GB DDR3 1600Mhz | Samsung Evo 120GB SSD | Win10 Pro | Antec 750w 80 Bronze Modular

Does anybody know what's going on with the new v180?

I got a copy of 1.80 beta a couple of years ago. As far as I know the only difference is the ability to assign functions to controller inputs rather than just keys.

I believe development has stopped on FTNoIR at 1.70/1.80 beta. Open Track appears to be the platform going forward.

I believe development has stopped on FTNoIR at 1.70/1.80 beta. Open Track appears to be the platform going forward.

Downloaded the latest v2.3 Open Track - I use PS3eye and no IR clip - what are the benefits of Open Track over FTNIR? at first impression I see that the face mapping grid is different but if I'm gonna use the same protocol (Accela) than what is the difference?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel i5 4690K | ASUS Z-97PRO Gaming Mobo | Nvidia Gigabyte GTX970 3.5/0.5 GB Windforce3 | G.Skill Ripjaws-X 2x8GB DDR3 1600Mhz | Samsung Evo 120GB SSD | Win10 Pro | Antec 750w 80 Bronze Modular